LUSH Fresh Face Mask - Don't Look At Me

4.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is the best face mask I have ever used. It's brightening and really calmed down my acne. I just ran out and am repurchasing again!

Don’t Look At Me is a lovely fresh face mask from Lush. Firstly, it is bright blue - so it is super fun to wear. It is a very exfoliating mask, full of ground rice. It gives a strong exfoliation without being scratchy or irritating on the skin. It makes my face feel soft and smooth after using it. It also makes my complexion look brighter and more glowy. I think this is due to the lemon juice. It also has some lovely butters in it to keep the skin soft and hydrated. My skin always looks fresh, clean, glowing and plump after using this mask. I use it a couple of times a week. It may be a bit much for sensitive skin, but for my combination skin it works wonders! I highly recommend this mask - and have bought multiple tubs of it. I will continue to rebuy and would happily recommend it to others.

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

I love it

ACTUALLY WORKS. Zaps zits ladies and gents! Actually zaps the little buggers!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This mask didn't do much for me. Although it has a great packaging - blame it on my aesthetic obsession. I guess is a good mask if you just want something good to put on, because it does feel good in the skin and gently exfoliates. But afterwards my skin just feel the same.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I've only used this mask once, yesterday evening, but I felt so impressed about it that I had to come here to review it. I love the citrusy scent, and when you're storing this in the fridge, it makes it even more refreshing. I don't have that many impurities so I can't really say whether this helps to remove them or not, but it surely makes the skin surface feel really smooth and even. My skin can be a bit sensitive when it comes to scrubs or purifying products, but this one didn't cause me any irritation.

The only reason I'm giving this an overall rating of 4 instead of 5 is the packaging. I've had the same feeling about all of the masks I've bought from LUSH, that even though the jar is cute, it's also really inconvenient. Product will get stuck in the screw threads which causes the jar to not close properly if you don't pay extra attention to it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I initially adored this mask. It's exfoliating, easy to rinse, mattifying, pore tightening and redness reducing and brightening. Used in the morning, these effects last all day. My skin is normally perma-shiny and red, and this is fab for looking like a normal person without makeup. My skin type is usually oily. However, after opening the tub l became pregnant, and l didn't notice at first but my skin became dry and more sensitive. Unfortunately, getting in a hot shower with this on, scrubbing hard and removing with a muslin led to broken capillaries that won't go away now. Probably need lasers to remove. So, it is a fab product, but use with extreme caution if you have delicate skin. It doesn't need a cloth to remove; that's just a habit l had from QHMJM. It lasted for 2 months longer than the expiry date without bad effects.

Great exfoliator, lives skin soft and smooth and the lemon scent is amazing

I only use this about once a week but I do notice that my skin is softer and brighter after use. When applying, I like to really scrub it in around my nose to try and clean out my pores. I do notice it cleans out smaller blackheads but doesn't do much to the stubborn ones.
The lemon juice leaves my skin feeling refreshed and brighter. The ground rice felt sharp when I first used it so I was afraid to scrub. But after a few uses it hasn't caused any irritation.
I agree with the comments that say it doesn't have much long term affects as the softness and brightness only lasts for about a day. But it is a good pick me up mask. I would repurchase but keen to try the Mask of Magnimity first.
The tub is small but does go a long way

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have the same feelings towards this mask that I do towards Lush's Mask of Magnaminty: it's a good mask that I enjoy using, but it's not revolutionary in any way. I'd like to give this a 3,5 rating, if I could. I like the whimsy of a bright blue mask, and I was curious to see what this mask was about. I like that it's exfoliating without being abrasive. The grounded rice do a good job exfoliating the skin, and I like to really scrub my face when I wash this of. Though if you have sensitive skin, you shouldn't be scared to at least try this anyway, because if you wet your face thoroughly it washes off really easily without you needing to rub/scrub your face a lot. Maybe pop this on before a shower, and it'll slide right off your face, no problem.

My skin feels clean without being stripped or tight after using this mask. I wouldn't necessarily agree with the claim of it being moisturizing, but it's certainly not drying either. My skin also looks quite bright after this mask, as anything containing lemon tend to do to the skin. I just don't see a whole lot of lasting impact on my skin with this mask.

This could definitely be a great pamper mask, if it wasn't for the scent. It's very off-putting to me. I'm sorry to say this, but this mask smells somewhat ammoniacal, and let's just leave it at that... Thankfully the scent dissipates after a while. Either that, or my sense of smell is numbed after a little while.

I've noticed that all the Lush products that has scents that I dislike seem to have one ingredient in common. Love and Light (great hand cream, not so great scent), Retread (amazing conditioner, weird scent), Vanishing Cream (good moisturizer, "meh" scent)... They all contain Neroli oil. Now I don't know what Neroli oil smells like in and of itself, but it feels like a fair assumption that it's just not my kind of scent.

Catastrophe Cosmetics continues to be my favourite and my saviour, out the fresh face masks that I've tried from Lush.

+ Cruelty free
+ Vegan
+ No preservatives
+ Because it's not as thick in consistency as some of Lush's fresh face masks, it seems to last a lot longer. I've been using it at the very least ten times, and I'm just half way through the tub
+ Gently but effectively exfoliation - with no micro beads!
+ I love the return/recycle 5 pots and get a free mask deal

- The usual problem with the pots being unhygienic
- Doesn't clear up my skin the way that, for example, Catastrophe Cosmetics does
- The smell..
- I sometimes get an itchy feeling from this mask. No idea what causes it, and it doesn't leave any visible irritation, but still a bit unsettling