St. Ives Ultra Gentle Apricot Facial Scrub

St. Ives Ultra Gentle Apricot Facial Scrub

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

It's the best. Theres a reason it sells like hot cakes and people re-buy. It exfoliates like CRAZY. Depending on how much water you add, you can either make it a gentle exfoliator, or more of a deep exfoliator. Really cleans deep into pores. LOVE LOVE. great for feet, elbows, and anywhere else.

on 1/3/2013 2:15:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I absolutely LOVE this facial cleanser. The scrubbing beads are so gentle and feel so refreshing on the skin and are great for daily use. It smells fantastic, and leaves the skin feeling ultra soft. My skin does not feel tight afterwards and is a great facial cleanser and great for exfoliation.

on 12/2/2012 10:50:00 PM

I have to be extra careful using this scrub. Even though it's less harsh than the "normal" scrub I still find it irritating my skin. Perhaps the redness after the scrub was caused by my skin's reaction to the fragrance but overall I only use the scrub once every two weeks. On lucky days I won't get any breakouts but sometimes I get frustrated with this product and end up using it as a foot scrub! .

on 8/13/2010 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

the only reason why i wud never buy this product again is because ppl say these apricot scrubs lik tear your skin cuz of hard edges but if it werent for that reason, this is pretty nice for such a small price. the original one's formula is waaay harsh for my skin making it flakier and dryer after i use it so i use this one and this one makes my skin soft. for those who do not mind the idea of sharp edges haha this formula is great. the little exfoliating pieces also seem less harsh than the original, but i may just be imagining.

I think they changed the formula of this product? because i was reading the reviews on this product and noticed from 1 point and back, many people said it was slippery gel like feeling and did not do anything for their skin. but now it's very creamy and nice! so i really like it. i would say this is definitely gentle enough for everyday use, but also prevents pimples very well. it also doesn't dry out my skin which is a big plus. i use it everynight before using my Retin-A, (i always use exfoliator before acne treatment, they help the treatments work better for me).

all in all, this is definitely a product i woudl gladly repurchase if i wasn't fickle with skincare products (hahah), but i think i will try something else after, because i always believe that there are better products out that will become my absolute HG and work perfectly for my skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm surprised this isn't loved by more people - it works great for me. I like it better than the original because it isn't as harsh but still does the job. I like the flip cap better than other brands with a screw off lid. Much quicker and easier to handle in the morning before coffee.

on 3/13/2004 4:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's got very fine beads inside, pity the base is very slippery and left residue on my skin, and i don't think it exfoliated very well either.
The scent is soft and fresh, but it performs poorly as a facial or body scrub.

on 5/24/2003 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

this used to be HG scrub until I met Clean & Clears Daily Pore Refining Scrub...and I've never looked back. The St. Ives worked fine for me but I always felt residue when I thought it had been rinsed clean.

I got this in the sensitive formula, even though I don't have sensitive skin.

I used this before I really knew anything about skincare, and had mainly gotten it because of the ad's and because the bottle is clear.

It worked nicely, never dried out my skin, and did a pretty good job. I switched because I liked to try out new things, and I need something more for acne. I still would buy this again.