St. Ives Ultra Gentle Apricot Facial Scrub

St. Ives Ultra Gentle Apricot Facial Scrub

3.3

on 8/2/2017 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

I've used the Blemish Control Facial Scrub one.The first time I used it I got A LOT of breakouts,which is ironic as this product is supposed to prevent and reduce breakouts.I used this a second time when my face calmed down and it became worse.My skin felt rough and irritated afterwards.

on 9/23/2014 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Finally - a St. Ives apricot scrub that is less drying and less harsh. If you can find this version (not the "original" and certainly not the "blackhead reducing" varieties) try it on a patch of upper thigh or arm skin first and then proceed with caution. I have dry sensitive skin and "traditional" mechanical exfoliants are not my thing - but this one I can tolerate - and is actually good at the area "behind the nose" (the edges of the nose where pores can clog).

Not a HG but much better formula for me and inexpensive.

on 10/13/2011 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Used this for a couple of years when I was in school...it did a good job of exfoliating my skin...smooth instantly after using it but after using it for a while, I stopped the exfoliation cuz a beautician told me that u shud never scrub oily acne-prone skin...it apparently only stimulates ur sebaceous glands and u end up getting more acne! I won't use it now cuz I find it to be too harsh on my skin. I would rather just exfoliate twice a week with sugar mixed into my facial cleanser! :D

on 6/12/2008 1:51:00 PM

I love this face scrub! I have been using it for years and will never use another! It's gentle yet effective. It also has a pleasant, not too over powering smell.

on 3/4/2007 8:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I started using the Apricot scrub years ago. I prefer to use this scrub on my body not my face. It can have a greasy feel on your face. This is a gentle scrub for the face but it might be for those with younger skin not skin that is sensitive, dry or older.

Miking plain baking soda with your cleanser might be more gentle.

I like St. Ives products. Inexpensive but they work.

on 10/27/2003 9:43:00 PM

The original scrub was too rough on my face so I tried this one. At first, I didn't really like this and found it to be too gentle but after a while it grew on me. It really gets the job done and doesn't have to be rough. Leaves my face smooth feeling and glowing. Will definitely repurchase this one again!