Givenchy Live Irresistible

3.0

on 8/12/2017 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Although I have strayed away from designer scents and into the world of niche for quite a while now, when I smelled this in my local Ulta I found this to be a pretty fruity-floral composition, and promptly purchased it for use as a summer lazy day scent. When I wear this, I get a mixture of fruits, flowers and light spices, and it comes off much more sweet than spicy. On me, I get berries and pink roses with other random florals I cannot place (non-white florals I’d say). I’m not getting any of the other notes which Givenchy claims, such as pineapple or spice notes (Amber and Musk). Staying power, IMO, is pretty darn good for a fragrance in the $100 range.

The nose behind this fragrance is Dominique Ropion, who has done so many of my favorite scents (mostly floral), such as A Lab on Fire’s What we do in Paris is Secret, and both Carnal Flower and Portrait of a Lady for Frederic Malle. She’s also the mastermind behind Flowerbomb, if this gives any indication re the lean of many of her more commercial creations.

I think its important to mention when I first smelled this, I immediate noted similarities btw this and Byredo’s Flowerhead… Now off course, this might be of debate to some Flowerhead die-hards out there but if not a dupe the similarities were/are strong enough that I made the connection right away. However, LI in EDP form will run you abt. $105.00 for 2.5 Oz while Byredo’s FH is $230 for aprx. 3.3 Oz.

If you are into fruity florals, this is a lovely and bright fragrance. So why then did I only give 3 stars you may ask? Well, the lack of complexity is problematic for my personal tastes, and I know from past experience that I will get bored of such a linear scent relatively quickly. Also, it sounds like I am not the only reviewer who has compared this scent to something else dupe-wise, so clearly this is not the most unique perfume on the market. Even so, it’s a solid no-frills scent that reminds me of a summer stroll through a rose garden, and this is a great aromatheraputic recreation on a summer day in the city when all you smell is hot tar and food in the air... While I don't regret my purchase, its not a unique scent and I wouldn't repurchase when my bottle runs out.

on 6/8/2017 7:56:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Euphoria clone. The latest in the never-ending quest to recreate the sugary sweet/body odor juxtaposition of Angel. Caramel, Easter peeps, cumin and patchouli. The smell of rotten fruit sold off of pushcarts, by sweaty men who've been unloading boxes of produce off of trucks since dawn.

This sort of fragrance is everywhere. EVERYWHERE. It trails behind women at Costco. It pervades first floors of department stores. It hangs around the salad bars at restaurants. It smells like women's locker rooms, circa 2009.

All might be forgiven if they had not colored the juice bubblegum pink, and stuck it in the most low brow bottle I've ever seen. Would look all right on the dresser of a tween, sitting on a mirrored tray, beside her collection of glitter nail polish and fruit flavored lip balm.

Do I need to mention that I would never buy this for myself? Probably not. I just need to find a way to write a gracious thank you note, and leave the bottle in a public restroom.

Top notes of pineapple, grapefruit, and tangerine in a base bed of rose petals that linger throughout the entire composition. The pineapple and rose petals are the most prominent. I love the combination, and I especially love the pineapples.
Middle layers of passion fruit and pepper. The pepper is not obnoxious but provides a nice peppery spicy kick to the fruit smells.
The bottom is string base of amber, patchouli,musk, and vanilla with strong notes of praline intertwined. It's delicious!!! It has Orris in the base, too. But I am a little unfamiliar with this which I assumes give it's slight powdery violet smell.
The most noticeable notes are the roses, pineapple, and praline. It is an amazing smell especially the pralines. It has great silage and leaves a 3/4 foot trail for about four hours till it dies down and last about a total 8 hours on me, which is the normal for Givenchy perfumes on me.
The bottle is a cute pink and in a tall textured triangular glass shape. The liquid is also pink. I gave it four all around star but idk if I will repurchase since I never buy the same perfume since there is so many new ones to always try! But I love this one it's so sweet and fruity smelling!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Scent is difficult to rate since it is an individual preference. Some like it floral, some like it woodsy, and on and on. This perfume is sensual. It is bold, powdery and woodsy. I see it as heavy and overwhelming which I happen to like but can be irritating to some people. In the first 2 seconds, I smell the amber, musk and slight patchouli. Next comes vanilla and pineapple and a lovely rose. Beautiful and bold. Not for someone who wants light, fresh and citrusy. The only reason I won't buy (besides curating carefully to minimize my large collection) is the sillage - too large. I wear perfume for me and don't want everyone too polite to have a headache when working with me. There would not be too many chances to wear outdoors and away from people (bottle would turn rancid before it runs out).

One spray on me:
Sillage - two feet cloud and trails for first two hours
Longevity - about 4-5 hours then noticeable during hugs
Rating: 4/5

on 4/27/2016 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I've got a nose like a bloodhound, and I've worn La Vie Est Belle since its launch. I KNOW La Vie Est Belle - yet if you gave me a test strip of Live Irresistible, I would insist it's La Vie Est Belle. Live Irrésistible's bottle is beautiful, which is the reason I tested it, but it smells so much like La Vie on me, it actually made me mad. I think there's a slight note of pineapple that makes the two formulas different, but why do marketers have to be such copy-cats?

Popular Fragrances