Alba Botanica Fast Fix for a Pimple

Alba Botanica Fast Fix for a Pimple

3.8

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredient: Sulfur - 6.0 (Acne Treatment)Other Ingredients: Aqua (Purified Water), Isoamyl Laurate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Sorbitol, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract(1), Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Alcohol(1), Alumina, Citric Acid, Glycerin, Jojoba Ester, Saccharomyces Ferment, Silica, Benzyl Alcohol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77499) (1)Certified Organic Ingredient

on 6/2/2017 6:35:00 PM

This has a yellow tint exactly like the fast fix for eyes. It's thin and sheer, but does dry out pimples slightly. I don't think it has much sulfur in it.
I guess you could also use it as a sheer tinted cover up for redness--but my foundation does better for that.

on 2/17/2016 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

This is a sulfur based treatment with a tint. It wasn't strong enough for my deep cystic zits compared to other sulfur based acne treatments I've tried before, but I do like the squeeze tube packaging, its cheap, had clean ingredients that won't dry out your skin like crazy, and the salmon based pigment in it to cover your breakout is a nice touch.

on 1/12/2016 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

I got this based on the one other review, and am glad I did! It's a slightly tinted cream, sulfur based. I don't get major breakouts anymore, but often have problems using other acne medications, cause irritation and peeling. But this...used on an under the skin blemish on my chin--usually sure to cause a week of peeling--but this took care of the zit without pissing off the skin around it! (I did try to keep it confined to the zit area.) And yesterday I had one of those annoying bumps by the hairline that are a little bit sore and raised, but won't come to a head and you can't squeeze them out. Usually, I'd try my detox facial mask, but gave this a whirl instead...results: apparently GONE 12 hours later. I like the consistency of it too; it's creamy but not too thick; some other acne meds are so runny it's impossible to keep them off other skin.

on 11/18/2015 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This product makes me smile and frown at the same time. The frown is because WHERE HAS THIS BEEN ALL MY LIFE?? The smile is because this stuff works like nothing else to shrink blemishes, even cystic blemishes, and it helps to cover them as well. For acne I have used oodles of Retin-A, benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, glycolic acid, AHAs, retinol, astringents, tea tree oil, clay, willow bark, rubbing alcohol (do not do this), apple cider vinegar, squeezing (I can't resist), triclosan...you name it. But somehow, I've managed to miss Sulfur.

Sulfur is the mineral active in this cream, and it's what my particular zits fear. Apparently sulfur has been used as acne medication for a long time, but I guess it's not been advertised much. I don't know if it's effective for a large breakout, but for those occasional cysts that look like a third eyeball or a prosthetic on the tip of your nose, this cream shrinks those suckers overnight.