REVLON Colorstay 2-in-1 Compact Makeup & Concealer

REVLON Colorstay 2-in-1 Compact Makeup & Concealer
Colorstay 2-in-1 Compact Makeup & Concealer

3.5

Foundation ----------> Dimethicone, Isopropyl Isostearate, Silica, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Tribehenin, Isostearyl Behenate, Nylon-12, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Talc, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Myristyl Myristate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Sodium Hyaluronate, Lecithin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Lauryl PEG/PPG-18/18 Methicone, Pentahydrosqualene, Sorbitan Trioleate, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Salicylic Acid, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Water, Phenoxyethanol, Dehydroacetic Acid, BHT /- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides) --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Concealer ----------> Octyldodecanol, PEG-8 Beeswax, Silica, Ozokerite, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Polyethylene, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Polybutene, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Methoxy Amodimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Water, Butylene Glycol, Salicylic Acid, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Ethylparaben /- (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 4/20/2018 6:05:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have had a lot of issues finding my "perfect" foundation since going through menopause. I honestly can't even count how many products I've tried. I used to have oily to combo skin and used the Colorstay for that skin type for years and loved it. It just no longer works for me and I didn't like the normal to dry version. So fast forward to having tried a ton of products, except this one...lol, and then my kid comes home from college and said "Mom, try this". I did and now am thankful. Lol. We have the same skin tone and color. She had gotten this in Ivory and I tried it and loved it! It's not heavy but covers the redness that has developed with menopause and the concealer is excellent. I love that it's buildable and doesn't settle into fine lines. I'm not sure about how long it lasts but it did pass the "nap test" as I fell asleep wearing it and it still looked good when I woke up. I've also been using Revlon bb cream and this works really well with it

on 12/3/2017 10:48:00 PM

Especially good for very fair skin like me.
Has a nice matte finish, solid coverage, no sparkles.

on 12/3/2017 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Borrowed this from my roommate (I only you vegan/ cruelty free for myself) and thought the coverage was beautiful and skin like when I applied it before a short art modeling gig. Well, soon as the gig was over I go home and wash my face with clear oil and a cotton pad... and there's practically nothing left. I look in the mirror and all the dots I cover up are fully exposed. I was out for only three hours. "Colorstay" my lily butt!!

on 12/2/2017 11:46:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I am giving this foundation a 4 only because it did not work well with my skin type but it has so much potential. I LOVE the Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme formula that comes in a jar. It is my ALL TIME favorite. As well as the Revlon Colorstay Foundation that comes in the "pump" bottle that is formulated for "combination/oily" skin. Basically I LOVE Revlon Colorstay foundations and definitely think you should give them a try but this particular 2-in-1 was a miss for me because I have oily skin and it didn't mesh well with the type of skin I have like the other Revlon Colorstay foundations did. If you have dry skin though, you would probably LOVE this because the coverage is awesome, the concept is awesome, and it didn't make me breakout personally. I used it until it was gone but really had to pack the powder on and touch up with powder throughout the day.

on 3/21/2017 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I was tempted to buy this last year when it came out but passed due to the mixed reviews and my concern over what I thought was gimmicky packaging. I grabbed the Insta-fix stick in my usual medium beige. I thought it was convenient and worked well, but there is a reason why it isn't considered a regular foundation- there is literally almost nothing in it. But, again, I like creamy compact and stick foundations and always find they work well with my fine, dry skin. Flashforward to my Insta-fix being almost gone as well as an aside MAC foundation I keep in hand for just-in-case moments: I grabbed this. It was definitely the wrong colour match, as I had true beige and it was too muddy. I very much liked the feel and the concept, though. I went back and insisted on my medium beige and have been extremely happy ever since. I apply with my fingers in the areas I need coverage and tap the concealer under my eyes. Perfect colour and finish for me. Looks natural and lasts all day. I even picked up another compact at half price for when this one runs out.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

goes on smooth ,good coverage, feels light on skin, not for oily skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

My beautiful senior Mother wears this and it is just...garbage. She is such a beautiful lady, her actual skin tone and complexion are flawless - easily outshining some of the skin debacles we've witnessed on those many moons younger.

She insists on wearing make up, ok fine. She even applies her own makeup and normally does a fantastic job. Except for this foundation. This stuff on Mom just...a train wreck. It. Looks. Awful. Texture, coverage, blendability...COLOR...(it even smells bad)...this just is NOT the product for her.

We are looking for a replacement or a miracle. :( Would not recommend, would not purchase, trying to avoid letting her wear this any more.

on 6/25/2016 12:01:00 AM

I LOVE THIS STUFF ITS GREAT COVERAGE FOR DRY SKIN LIKE MINE I ORDERED THE GERDA SPILLMANN BIO FOND AND ITS MY HOLY GRAIL BUT IT IS DARK FOR MY SKIN COLOR SO I RAN OUT TO CVS BOUGHT THIS IN IVORY AND USE THE TWO FOR HIGHLIGHT AND CONTOUR MY HUSBAND COMPLEMENTED ME SO DID THE HOT NIEGHBOR GUY LOL JK ......ANYWAY FINISH OF WITH KAT VON D POWDER FOUNDATION

on 6/22/2016 10:52:00 PM

I took off one lippie for durability: This is not a stay-12-hours foundation by any means. After 6-8 hours, you'll have to blot and then decide if you're going to spot-reapply it, or just powder over what's left of it. But that's pretty par for the course with these sponge-on foundations. If you have very oily skin OR you prefer a very matte makeup look, you will want to skip this product as it imparts a moist finish and is definitely targeted to dry-to-combo skin types.

However, that aside, the convenience factor works really well for me! I work night shift and I'm just so tired when getting dressed, that it's hard to even motivate myself to apply my usual routine of 2 separate concealers that I custom-blend on my hand (to conceal my frequent exhaustion!), and then a separate foundation. This cute all-in-one compact helps bridge the laziness gap and gets me to apply makeup nightly. I love that the entire process, from dotting the concealer with my fingers to smoothing on the foundation with the enclosed sponge, takes 30 seconds tops because there's no fumbling in a makeup bag!

The concealer needs to be applied fairly liberally to cover dark circles, but it is opaque and does do the job; and it coordinates well with the foundation. I also like that the foundation has buildable coverage, and a nice matte finish without any weird pearlescent "highlighting" effect. If I wear it alone, I just look more rested and with better skin, not made-up at all.

I'm 45, with combo skin still prone to occasional acne, and I typically wear a warm-toned "buff" or "nude beige" shade in most lines (typically, the 2nd or 3rd shade from the lightest). The "Buff" shade in this line looked really dark, but the "Ivory" (lightest) was pink-toned and I wasn't about to go there. There are only 6 shade choices total in the line, so I decided maybe these apply lighter than they look-- and they do. "Buff" worked just fine, and did indeed go on significantly lighter than it looked.

on 6/13/2016 10:54:00 PM

I used to use Revlon Colorstay but when they upped the SPF in the Australian formulas I found 1. Terrible flashback and 2. started breaking me out, so I quit and moved on to Clinique Superbalanced. The clinique was nice on the skin but I didn't like the way it moved around my t-zone during the day so after a year decided to try Revlon again. The colour Nude has been discontinued in Oz too which is annoying, but Sand Beige was close enough in the 2 in 1 compact.

This makeup looks much lighter on your face compared with in the compact when you first get it. Applys really easily with a beauty blender, even application, really easy to blend. I have combination skin, with t-zone getting a bit greasy as the day goes on. This seems to wear okay, little bit greasy. I find it works best if I only apply moisturiser at night, not before makeup application.
I can do some light exercise and it doesn't move much, so it is reasonably sweat resistant. But it is definitely not transfer resistant. Holds up ok for about 6 hours if you don't touch your face. Medium coverage but buildable. Concealer is pretty useless under the eyes and moves into fine lines, so you would need a primer, or just use concealer for highlighting a tad.

Most importantly, easy to touch up and doesn't break me out at all which is actually a mini miracle in itself. (Has no spf which I think is what does it for me). I give it 4 stars because no breakouts, it is so quick to apply a medium coverage, convenient to use and carry with me to work, and I am happy with the colour.