4.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

Realllly nice introduction to TheBalm’s stuff, high quality everything and decent sizing as well. Honestly is perfect on the go, I used it all the time on the way to work not worrying about forgetting my lipstick or bronzer and always knowing I can make a quick shadow look that nearly can’t be done wrong. I gotta say, although I love the packaging’s design and PROPS FOR THEBALM for making a separate flap for the cream formulas, it does get dirty after a while and it did open in my bag about two times. I don’t know why but the Shady Lady shadow (shimmery gray one, last to the left) keeps on crumbling and breaking in the pan... in general I wasn’t crazy about it since it was less of a vibrant gray and more of a dirty lacking luster finishes. Other than that I’d honestly buy the palette just for the blushes, bronzer and the oh so well known Mary Lou!

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Other, Fine

EyesGray

2 years ago

Buying this palette feels like a big win I bought it for 40$ and I believe it worthes every penny.it has three blushes,a bronzer,a highlighter,four eyeshadow pans and two lipsticks so there's a lot going on here Maybe I had to give it four lippies because it's not a palette I can take to travel as my only palette and if I could make changes,I'd change a lot of shades but still,it's very useful as it is and I'm very happy to have it All blushes and eye shadows are very pigmented,buttery and long-lasting About it's packaging: I love thebalm's cute and unique palette designs even though they're made off cardboards,but I believe a shadow palette shouldn't be cream,beige,white or any other light colored;dirty hands can easily ruin it.I was happy to see a mirror but sad to see there's no clear sheet to cover mirror and save it from getting dirty by products inside the pans.yes,these are very small details but they can make huge changes to make a product more user friendly Now about each pan: ❤HOT MAMA A peachy,shimmery blush with a light touch of golden undertone which can also be used as eyeshadow.if I had to choose products for this palette,I would definitely keep it.it's my favorite blush shade ❤INSTAIN ARGYLE A light pink matte powdery blush I know a lot of people like pink blushes but I don't.I have fair skin and my cheeks have naturally a hint of pinkish undertone so it will probably look good on me but I haven't used it so far.It can't be used as eye shadow for me.it's too pink for that If I could replace it with another option I'd probably choose "balm beach" as I don't like any one of instain blushes ❤CABANABOY A cool-toned plum blush with a hint of mauve undertone.it's not shimmery but not supermatte either.it has a satin-like finish I never had a blush in this shade and it looked interesting in palette but when I applied it,I didn't really like it.I have to try it again,this time with lighter hand because it's very pigmented and it can make you look like a clown.I'm sure it can make a great blush for girls with darker skin but looked too much for my N15 neutral toned skin(my skin leans more towards being cool toned I guess). If I had the power to decide which shade to leave and which one stay,I'd keep it.it can make a very good matte eye shadow ❤BAHAMA Mama A brownish nude matte bronzer/contour I love this one.it looks a tad dark for pale skins but when I apply it with a light hand,it looks good.I also like it's color as an eyeshadow.it can also be used as brow shadow if you have blonde or light brown brow hairs ❤CARAMEL A terracotta cheek and lip cream When I saw it's color in "how about them apples"palette picture I didn't like it at all.it seemed to be something between coral and red and I wished there was another shade of that line in this palette,for example cider or candy..but in reality caramel is so different.it's one of my favorite shades for lipstick.it's like a warm combination of brown and peachy I haven't used it on my cheek yet as I don't think creamy blushes can blend well on my dry skin but on lips it's a big disappointment All in all I prefer matte lipsticks but my problem with caramel is not just it's creamy texture.it's pigmentation is weak and it doesn't show up on my lips unless I put on very large amounts of product.it clings on dry parts of lips.has sheer coverage and very poor longevity.I hate to apply it with my finger so I have to try it with a lipstick brush &see if it's coverage and pigmentation improve or not I prefer to blend it with the other lipstick in palette,it helps it to really show up on my lips but even that way,I'd only use it if I don't have any other lipstick around.I love thebalm's matte lipsticks but I doubt they can be used in a palette so If I could decide for components of this palette I would replace this lipstick with sexy mama or another fixing face powder or bettylou manizer or even an eye shadow ❤Insane Jane It's a shimmery taupe colored eyeshadow with grey undertone Grey eyeshadows aren't my first choices but this shade is nice,I sometimes use it and I like it's almost metallic finish.it's one of my favorite shades in ladyshady palette but feisty felicia,which is a very dark brown could also be a good choice,because it's always good to have a black or very dark shade in a palette ❤Mischievous Marissa It's a shimmery terracotta coloured eyeshadow with golden undertone A gorgeous and useful eye shadow shade ❤Sexy A dark burgundy matte eyeshadow I love this one & use it alot.one of the best shades of nude tude palette.I know I'm going to buy nude tude palette and I believe sexy is going to be my most-used pan so it's good to have it here too My only problem with this beautiful shade is that I find it a bit difficult to blend.well I usually have this problem with most reddish/plummy and dark eyeshadows ❤Lead Zeppelin Shimmery Dark Olive green eyeshadow however I believe shades with green undertone are better suited for girls with green/hazel eyes,I'd like to experience various eyeshadow colors and I don't have this shade in other palettes I own.I haven't used it yet,it seems very close to insane jane in swatches,I hope it to be different on lid.I'm ok with it's presence in palette but I also have in mind that if it was replaced by a matte creamy or light beige color(something like fearless in nude dude palette or Matt lin in meet matte terimony)--or by a matte mauve or dusky rose as a transition color(like matt rossi in matte terimony or Matt abdul in meet matte nude palette)--or even a very dark brown or black,this palette could be enough to create a complete look ❤Mary Lou Manizer The famous champagne colored The balm highlighter I love it ❤Mia moore A red creamy lipstick which is ten times better than the other one in this palette.it has better coverage and better longevity but I don't like it's color.If I could,I'd replace it with any other shades of the balm girls

About reviewer (202 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

from

3 years ago

Well done, the Balm! How cool to put all the cult favorites in one palette. I got this on sale for half the price and that was a bargain! This was my first ever purchase from the Balm and this got me hooked on the line. I got to try a lot of great products, and big sample sizes too, for the fraction of the price of buying the normal size! I like that you have blush, bronzer, highlight, lipsticks and eyeshadows all in one pallette. Perfect for travel! WHAT I THINK: * HOT MAMA: the perfect eyeshadow/blusher for green eyes/yellow undertones. Makes my green eyes pop! Summery and fun! * INSTAIN ARGYLE: The perfect blush for winter for me. I look like I have been out in the snow for hours. Fresh and sporty. * CABBANA BOY: A blush that is a bit too deep for me, but may be better in the summer. Fun to try something out of my comfort zone and with a light hand this is ok. * BAHAMA MAMA: The perfect bronzer/contour powder. Melts into the skin and looks flawless. In love!! * CARMEL: A lipstick in a pot. This is a great tone of peach for me, but i do not like to dip my finger in the creamy formula.. I use it occasionally. * INSANE JANE: This I can not seem to find a good use of.. It is ok, but I do not suit gray that well. May try to blend this with mischievous marissa and see if that do the trick. * MISCHIEVOUS MARISSA: The perfect colour for my eyelids. Makes my green eyes pop! * SEXY: The perfect crease colour for evening. Love this! * BALM JOVI: This is great as an eyeliner or as a pop of colour under the eyes. Lovely and flattering. * MARY LOU-MINIZER: The perfect highlighter for browbone and for cheeks. Makes a great glow. With a light hand it may also be suitable for daytime. * MIA MOORE: This lipstick is too out there for me and will not get used too much. I have tried it a few times but do not like it on my fair complexion. Al in all a great pallette. Perfect for travel and for everyday! Really love it! :)

About reviewer (180 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairRed, Relaxed, Fine

EyesGreen

3.0

3 years ago

The eyeshadow and manizer is good (color, pigmentation, quality), but to be honest the blush is out of my expectation :( The pigmentation is suck. I have to re-apply 3-5 times to makes the color comes out. The bronzer is too light for my skintones.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBrunette

from

3 years ago

It is good for try a different product from the balm

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

3 years ago

Great shadows! They are a really beautiful color on the skin not just in the pan! Very great product

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

4 years ago

I was a little intimidated by the shades of this palette, but they were really quite flattering! In the pans, they look very intense, but once applied they were totally workable. My absolute favorite is Cabana Boy, a deep reddish plum that looked fantastic as a blush on my fair skin! This palette has a good balance of mattes and shimmers and the lip colors have great pigmentation! The packaging is sexy and fun, and slim enough to travel in your tote bag (a bit too long to fit in a purse). A great way to try out several standout products from thebalm!

About reviewer (129 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

4 years ago

I had never tried any of TheBalm's face products - but I freaked out when I saw this and added it to my Christmas list ASAP. I was most excited about the Hot Mama blush (beautiful bright, less chunky/pink, more peachy version of Nars O), InStain blush in Argyle (fresh, bright flushed baby pink), Bahama Mama bronzer (slightly neutral/ashy brown), and the Mary-Lou Manizer (champagne/silver highlight). Out of all of those, I use those the most. I love layering Hot Mama on top of Argyle - this combo literally doesn't budge! I love MLM because it's light enough for my pale winter skin. Bahama Mama wasn't as subtle of a contour/all over bronzer for me (NC20 right now). I avoid palette glosses (not my fave) so I haven't used them - appreciate the separate compartment though! The Cabana Boy blush is a nice, plummy red blush - not my favorite, but I do reach for it occasionally. I don't wear dark eyeshadows/rarely wear smokey eyes - so I haven't used Balm Jovi - Lead Zepplin or the Nude 'Tude - Sexy (middle two shades). The Shady Lady Mischevious Marissa pulled a bit too orange on my eyes, but it is really pretty on the cheeks. The only shadow I do use is the Shady Lady Insane Jane - it's a really unique taupe gray with green/gold undertones - I layer Mary-Lou Manizer over it and it's a really pretty neutral eye. Love this palette!!!

About reviewer (216 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Fine

EyesBlue

4 years ago

This is my first TheBalm product, and overall I really like it. It´s very versatile and extremely travel friendly. The blushes and bronzer have no flaws. The eyeshadow selection is right up my alley, they blend and adhere nicely. The only thing that mildly disappointed me was Mary Loumanizer, I expected something ligter and more shiny, but it makes a nice eyeshadow. The lip products are okay, nothing special, but they work. I personally am not a fan of glossy finish but to each their own. I appreciate the separate lid. 90%

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBrown

EyesBlue

4 years ago

The only Balm product I ever owned before is the Mary LouManizer. Needless to say, I was very impressed with the product and the cute packaging. I love the humor that goes into the Balm's product names as well! I was delighted to stumble upon this palette in the Luxola website and immediately placed in my order. Like the previous The Balm's palettes, this one is in a cardboard and is packed with The Balm's best selling blushes: Hot Mama, Instain, and Cabana Boy. It also features the famous bronzer Bahama Mama. It has three wonderful eye shadows from their other palettes: Shady Lady (Insane Jane and Mischevious Marissa) and Balm Jovi (Lead Zeppelin). This palette also boasts a cute deluxe-sized Mary Loumanizer. On the rightmost side of the palette is a separate compartment for the cream products: Mia Moore lipstick ( from The Balm Girls Palette) and Caramel Lip and Cheek Stain (from How About Them Apples Palette). This has a reasonable sized mirror and is a very convenient palette to carry around specially when traveling. This is worth every buck I spent!

About reviewer (112 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm