CLARINS UV plus HP BB cream SPF 40

No Image

1 review

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a review for the HP+UV SPF 40 BB cream in the white tube, not the HP+UV SPF 40 day cream, in the bottle although I have had that too and it's quite good. This BB cream is formulated for Asian skin with high SPF and pollution protection.

This was the first BB cream I've ever used. I wasn't tempted by the Clarins BB SPF 25 in the red tube that you can buy readily here in the UK as I'd find factor 25 too low to keep my very fair skin safe. I did have the UV+HP un-tinted cream which was very light in texture and gave good protection, and I'd put foundation over the top.
I bought this at the airport which is the only place in the UK I've seen it, so am going to reorder online as I ran out and am using LRP Anthelios tinted light which can't hold a candle to this.

Pros: What can I say, this cream is amazing. It makes my skin look amazing, fresh, dewy, radiant ALL DAY. No mid day oil slick, no 5pm office t-zone blotting pre commute, just lovely looking skin with a really great level of coverage that hid my red patches.
I'm very prone to clogged pores and spots which I just did not encounter at all with this, not even initially. It made my skin look young and fresh but not shiny just the right matt/dewy balance. I used the whole tube and obviously got complacent as I miss it's performance now.

Cons: I'm very fair of Eastern European/English origin so the colour of this is a little dark on my skin. I can live with that, I blend the edges carefully (most days) and really in summer it's not such a harsh contrast as my winter skin.
I cant find this anywhere in the UK on sale but it is online so I will order it. It's £32 which is twice the cost of LRP Anthelios but ultimately worth it.