Cosrx Advanced 96 Snail Mucin Power Essence

Cosrx Advanced 96 Snail Mucin Power Essence

3.8

Snail Secretion Filtrate, Betaine, Butylene Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Panthenol, Arginine, Allantoin, Ethyl Hexanediol, Sodium Polyacrylate, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol

Purchased this around a month ago to see if I could get into the hype surrounding snail mucus, and I seriously love this stuff. Deeply hydrating, not greasy, and sets into the skin wonderfully. Has helped me work through some major skin irritation (from using moisturizers that don't agree with me) and has helped some old cystic pimples heal and fade. No scent as far as I can tell, and can be a little slimy - but hey, it's snail mucus! Pretty much what you sign up for.

This is moisturizing enough to use alone, but I like to use it before my moisturizer because I need a little extra help in that area. I've also layered it under a sheet mask to help it absorb reallllly deeply - and I think it helps to draw in nourishing ingredients from whatever mask I've been using. As far as frequency of use, I've been using it morning and night for about a month and a half now, and I've used up about a fifth of it. The packaging is wonderful - a sturdy pump that also twists off, so it should be easy to use every last bit of this.

on 11/11/2017 8:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Check out my review for the snail cream version - pretty much the same effects exceot I use this in the morning, mixed in with a drop of light oil.

This is the worst skincare ever!!! I bought it because of promising reviews I've read online. It's supposed to heal and moisturize the skin but it did the exact opposite! My skin was pretty clear before I tried this. The first time I tried it, it felt like it was just sitting on top of my skin but I just let it be. The second time I used this, I woke up to multiple swollen bumps all over my face :(( madr my skin pretty dry too like as if it had been stripped off moisture (i have combination skin btw). I'm going back to my old skincare and I hope my skin clears up

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have been using this product for about a month, and while I haven't noticed huge, drastic changes, I do definitely like this and I will probably repurchase it. For my sensitive, combo skin, I like essences to add a little more moisture and other helpful ingredients without adding a lot of greasiness or weight. I don't think this particular essence is all that hydrating compared to others on the market, but it is definitely very soothing and lightweight, and it keeps my skin from getting too stressed out or irritated by other products that I use while adding a little more moisture as well. I like the thick consistency, it makes putting it on feel nice and it doesn't dry to feel tight or sticky like some gel products tend to. The packaging is excellent even though it is pretty simple--this is a great example of the product being thoughtfully put into the right kind of container by the manufacturer. I don't really get any kind of clogging or breakouts from this product which--along with the fact that it does its job very well--is why I rate it at five lippies.

on 8/18/2017 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have really dry skin so everything just soaks in and leaves my face dehydrated. I LOVE this essence. It makes my face so soft and moisturized for the rest of the day. I would definitely recommend purchasing this if your concern is dehydration.

I bought this product since I've been taking an interesting on skincare. This is the first essence I've used and I decided to purchase it because of the promising reviews everywhere, but this product didn't actually work for me. The first night after washing my face with the cleanser I always use, I noticed little bumps on my face but decided to let it be. The next night, they only multiplied and that's when I realized that this product's not for me. The bumps aren't gone yet but hopefully they will be soon.

on 8/6/2017 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I put off trying snail products for a long time because I was scared of having an allergic reaction as I have a lot of allergies. A nearby Ulta started carrying this so I figured I could test it and if it didn't work I could return it. Plus, I really like Cosrx as a brand as most of their products are simple and fragrance free.

I've had this breakout on my jawline that would just not clear up so I figured I would use that as my patch testing area. Well not only did I not have a reaction but I noticed a significant improvement overnight. I've now started using this morning and night and my skin is so hydrated and just looks all around better plus blemishes seem to heal faster now. A little goes a long way, too. The texture is a little slimy but not too sticky. Sinks in enough that I can put primer over it and continue with my makeup routine.

I have dehydrated skin.

I like using this as a layer in my routine. Does it work? I'm not sure. But it doesn't break me out and works well with the rest of my routine to give me bouncy dewy skin.

I've debated about finding something cheaper. But I do enjoy Corsx products

on 8/6/2017 2:51:00 PM

I decided to try this on a whim, given the low price and all the hype around snail mucin. I had previously tried a snail sheet mask from a local Korean beauty store that made my akin super soft and glowy so I figured why not. So, postpartum, my skin was crap. I had tons of clogs and blackheads along with really angry red itchy patches that nothing seemed to be able to calm. I had started with MUAC BHA 15% peel and their 8% serum to help with the clogs and breakouts and afterwards my skin always felt a little tight. One day after doing the peel I decided to use this serum under my moisturizer and it made all the difference. No irritation or tightness from the peel at all and my skin felt super smooth. I've been using this twice daily for about a month now and my skin is smooth and soft AND those big dry red patches that even prescription cortisone didn't help are all gone. The price is excellent given how much of the product you receive and how much you use. I use 3 pumps twice a day and have barely made a dent in it. Great value and a product that I will definitely repurchase when I eventually run out.

on 7/19/2017 2:30:00 PM

For dry winters, this is a great hydrating product! I use 3 pumps, 1 at a time, patting in 3 layers. It didn't irritate my sensitive skin, and I love the pump (it dispense the perfect amount). In fact, after I was done, I poured my new toner into this bottle! Will repurchase later.