Cosrx Advanced 96 Snail Mucin Power Essence

Cosrx Advanced 96 Snail Mucin Power Essence

Snail Secretion Filtrate, Betaine, Butylene Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Panthenol, Arginine, Allantoin, Ethyl Hexanediol, Sodium Polyacrylate, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol

on 7/9/2018 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

On the fence about this! I love snail skin care, but I can't quite pinpoint any significant changes this product made for my skin. I'm willing to give it another try but in no rush to repurchase after finishing it. It seems to have really worked for others. One bottle can last for months even from daily use. I like that it's lightweight and neutral to use when my skin is having problems, meaning it doesn't necessarily alleviate the flare ups but it adds a bit of moisture without aggravating my skin. It doesn't sufficiently hydrate my skin in the winter on its own, but it's a good layering product. The texture is clear liquidy mucin and can leave a slight tackiness before absorbing fully into the skin. Will update this review on my second round.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I was a little dubious to try this essence at first as I had read a lot of reviews about snail mucin causing a lot of issues with break outs. At first when I started to use this product I did experience a couple of weeks of abnormal breakouts but it did clear up pretty quickly, I've since been using this product for nearly 6 months and use it twice daily in my routine.

The liquid itself is viscous and absorbs into my skin very quickly, it doesn't leave a sticky or tacky residue behind and compliments with other essences. I've found that my skin tone has become more evened out since using this product, I rarely have dry patches and the redness in my face isn't as severe.

Would definitely buy again!

on 5/9/2018 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

The hype is real! I started loving this after only three days of use. No breakouts, adequately moisturising and my acne scars started fading (very slowly) after two weeks. My skin looks so much better now so thank you MUA reviewers for finding a good moisturiser for me - no mean feat when your skin reacts badly to dozens of ingredients. Once the winter comes, I will update whether it is moisturising enoough.

on 3/26/2018 12:14:00 PM

This is a nice product for adding a layer of moisture to the skin. The consistency takes a little while to get used to, but now I don't mind it at all. This adds a soothing, light layer on the skin that absorbs very well and leaves the skin feeling soft and supple. I really like it. I haven't noticed any major brightening effects, as some people claim, but I would really recommend this product if you need some extra moisturisation but you don't want anything that could clog your pores, like an oil potentially would (I love oils FYI and definitely think everyone should be using one if their skin can handle it - I have combination and sensitive skin).

Unexpectedly, this has been a brilliant hand cream for me this winter. I always get dry in the winter months when it's cold out side, but since I've been putting a thin layer of this on most nights, I haven't had this problem at all this winter. It sinks in really quickly as well, not like other hand creams that leave your skin feeling greasy for ages afterwards. I've become obsessed with caressing my hands because they are so soft.

on 3/16/2018 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Will repurchase.

The first week I wasn't sure if I liked this or not. But I gave it a shot, and now I can't see myself without this or another, similar snail product.

I use it night and morning. At night I pat 3-4 pumps into my skin, after my other serums and before my sleeping mask. In the morning 1 pump goes on after my missha essence and before my sunscreen. It works so well to plump my skin and as a primer for my my foundation/ concealer.

My acne scarring, from 25 years of breakouts, are starting to fade, and my skin is more even toned.

I have oily skin, but this has not caused any breakouts, and other than a touch up powder mid-day, my skin looks soft and hydrated. Makeup sits nicely on top. Love it.

The price is right, I should get a couple months use out of the bottle. Love the pump.

As I said, it took about 10 days before I really started to "get" this product. At first I didn't like the consistency, and it takes awhile to sink into my skin. It is teaching me patience, lol.

Will for sure repurchase, unless I find another snail product I like more. But for now, I am completely satisfied :)

I am really loving this. I used to use the snail 92 cream, the one in the tub, but this is much more santitary and actually moisturizes my skin better. I use one full pump and it's enough for my face and neck. No problems even when I use it over my eyes too. I'm sticking up on this when I head to Korea again. Bought this from Olive and Young by the way, the big outlet at myeongdong with a Cosrx conveyer belt. So innovative! 😍

I bought this to check if the hype was real. Previously, I tried the Benton Snail Bee Essence (which was okay), and these two seem to be the top products.

This works well for me as a light day moisturizer, and is also nice at night under my actual moisturizer. I wouldn’t repurchase because I personally don’t see/feel any tangible effects other than good hydration. I would rather buy a good moisturizer.

on 12/29/2017 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This stuff is amazing for hydration. I won't purchase again because it turns out I have an allergy / sensitivity to snail, which took a few months to figure out. If not for that it would be HG status. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to add an additional layer of moisture to their routine.

My husband bought this for me as a gift. Yes, he bought me snail mucus. He knew I'd get a kick out of telling my friends he bought me some snail mucus. I'd never heard of it, but I'm up for anything. Turns out I REALLY like it! To me this is more of a serum than a traditional moisturizer. I spread it on my face and then pat on some castor oil and then spray with my Mario Badescu rosewater spray. After that all settles into my skin, I'm ready for makeup. I've got clear skin with minimal wrinkling and small pores. Since I've been using this, my pores seem even smaller (my skin is plumper?) and has a natural glow. I hasn't caused me any irritation or upset my skin in any way. Will definitely purchase again.

Love the packaging, easy to use pump, and doesn't pump out too much, or squirt everywhere. The bottle also lasts for quite some time I still have over half the bottle left, even using it night and day since I purchased it back in April 2017.

The mucin essence feels very nice on the skin, absorbs fast, very lightweight and hydrating, I haven't noticed anything else beyond that, but it is a nice essence, plus it's fragrance free.