Sonia Kashuk Detox Purifying Black Mask

Detox Purifying Black Mask

3.0

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is very overpriced, contains peppermint and eucalyptus oils, and doesn't work as well as the Aztec Secret Indian Healing Bentonite Clay. I will be sticking to that and I will not repurchase.

Let me say that I did NOT want to like this product, because I'm always wary of drugstore products that are expensive. Granted, this is only ~$16, but I am familiar with Sonia Kashuk for makeup, not skincare. But I figured, hey, Target has all these sample face masks for like $3 each, but you only need a small amount of product, so if this works it's really a better deal. Plus it has a lid, unlike sample packets, so it's easier to store and keep from oxidizing.

Okay, so anyway, the product itself: I LOVE it. And I am PICKY about what I put on my skin. I'm 23, but my skin has gone through a lot. In my teens my skin was so dry it flaked, and now that I'm in my twenties it's changing--it's still dry and needs a lot of moisture, but my once acne-free face now breaks out more and my T-zone and chin are super oily. So I'm still learning how to deal with that. On top of all that, I have pretty bad rosacea on my cheeks, and more recently also my nose.

Well, last night I was so exhausted that I slept in my makeup (I know, big no-no,) and I woke up with zits and oil everywhere. So, yes, this is only my first time using this mask, but.... jeeeez. This is better than GlamGlow. Yup, I said it. And waaay less expensive. My zits are retreating, the oil on my face feels evened out, i.e. it wasn't too drying, and my face feels soft and plump. And like, tingly kinda, from being cleaned? But not so tingly that it makes me redder. Also I think it says something that I rarely write reviews. SO good. Will be repurchasing and recommending to friends.