The Body Shop Shade Adjusting Drops in Lightning

The Body Shop Shade Adjusting Drops in Lightning
Shade Adjusting Drops in Lightning

3.6

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 7/24/2017 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is a cool product and I'm surprised more companies aren't making something similar. It does what it says - lightens and neutralizes yellow-based foundation. The price point is up there, but if you think of the amount of too-dark foundations in your graveyard that could be given new life, it's worth it. The HUGE defect here is the packaging. If anyone from TBS is reading this - the dropper is terrible and doesn't do its job. I squeeze it to suck more product into the dropper, but nothing. Mostly air comes out. I'm then getting my fingers involved to take product off of the dropper, which I don't wanna have to do. I don't know if the formula isn't liquidy enough for this kind of method or of the dropper itself just isn't good, but a squeeze bottle would work soooo much better. I've seen other reviews and the same thing has been mentioned, so I know I didn't get a dud. Please change the bottle and you'll have a good product!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I am very pale, and about 90% of foundations are too dark for me. I like the liquid consistency of these drops to lighten foundation without changing the consistency. The bottle lasts for a really long time too, as I generally only need 2-3 drops per use to get the foundation light enough to use. There's a darkening version as well, which I think is great for people who can't find good foundation matches at the opposite end of the spectrum. I already have a back up bottle, but I will continue to purchase this item.

on 4/12/2017 5:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Let me start by saying I'm a neutral undertone fair skinned girl so sometimes foundations are too pink or too yellow/orange. I got these to try out with my favourite high street foundation Bourjois, always slightly too yellow in the lightest shade. A couple of drops of this and it's the perfect neutral!

The one thing that is ridiculous is the dropper, it's mostly air that comes out of it for me, so I pulled out the inner part of the bottle opening to make it bigger and I picked up an oral syringe at the pharmacy (the kind for dispensing cough syrup etc to kids) and it works like a dream, no air and I can measure it way better when mixing.

on 7/6/2017 11:37:00 AM

Terrible product! First of all, the packaging is absolutely atrocious. The dropper is ridiculous. It does not suck up enough product and when you try to dispense the product it comes out in splatters so you can't dispense the proper "drop" amount.

For the actual lightning function, yes it does lighten (it is white with a slightly pink tone). But as the amount is hard to control it was hard to be get the right shade and I felt like I was wasting foundation. I tried it with MAC face & body, Ex1, MUFE HD, and The Ordinary. It affected the finish of all of them. It seemed to make them all drier and they didn't last as long/look as good for as they normally do. Especially with MUFE and EX1.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

These drops kind of blew my mind. I was kind of intimated with the concept - you mix one drop into your foundation to lighten it by about 1/2 a shade. The dropper is a little bit annoying to use but the actual mixing and matching to your skin is way easier than I expected!

The consistency of the product is almost more like an oily serum than a white concealer like I expected. It makes mixing super easy. I was playing around with it and lightened a medium foundation to something wearable for my fair skin with 4 drops.

These drops are pink based according to the body shop website, which is also great as I think a lot of the foundation samples I get tend to run really warm, so this makes it a much better match for my skin tone.

The only foundation I found it didn't really work with is a clinique CC cream that is already a little too pink based for me.

They are a little bit expensive but I managed to get them on a great sale on the body shop's website.

Aside from that, this is now a staple in my collection and I'm so happy they are easy to use!

on 5/28/2017 6:40:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Dream product. Yes, it's a little expensive but actually when you consider what a teeny-tiny amount is being used it lasts a very long time! I've used this all winter to colour-match a couple of foundations I bought in the summer (Clinique, Bourjois Healthy Mix) and it works well with all of them. There doesn't seem to be any change in foundation consistency.

I pump one application of foundation onto a smooth plastic surface and add 1-2 drops of this, mix with a Q-tip and voila, beautifully colour-matched foundation.

on 12/28/2016 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Not sure why the reviews are so mixed but I think this is a great product to lighten the shade of any foundation. I mix many shades and use a few drops to get the color I need. I had so many foundations that get darker once applied and this has helped me use all the various types of foundations. it does not change the formula or finish of my foundation. I mix very well before applying and only mix my product in a separate container to ensure I am working with very small amounts. No complaints about the dropper. I have lighter, olive skin in the winter and darker in the summer so I struggle to use the same foundation year round. This has really helped me. I would repurchase if I ran out but the amount provided is very generous so not sure how long it would take to run out as a few drops seems to do the trick to lighten just right.

on 3/22/2017 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Where has this product been all my life? Most of the foundations I've ever bought have turned out ''almost light enough'' and this would have saved me lots of wasted money! Anyway, better late than never as they say.
The liquid itself has a cool tone but since I have used it only to lighten slightly darker foundations it hasn't affected the tone, texture, coverage or longevity of them. I don't have issues with the dropper either although I'm not fond of dipping it in and out of the bottle daily for hygienic reasons. Would definitely repurchase but meanwhile I can see this lasting a seriously long amount of time.

I wanted to love this so bad! Yes it really lightens a lot, the foundation doesn't change its consisntecy but for me it gets so oily! And I mean awlfully oily!

on 2/2/2017 9:07:00 PM

Good product, and works well with every foundation that I've mixed it with so far.
The only drawback is that the texture and finish of the foundation noticeably changes if you use more than three or four drops of the shade adjuster.
The container itself is a nice, but the dropper does a poor job of dispensing product. Product itself does a good job of what it claims.
Overall would reccomend