The Body Shop Shade Adjusting Drops in Lightning

The Body Shop Shade Adjusting Drops in Lightning

3.5

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 3/22/2017 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Where has this product been all my life? Most of the foundations I've ever bought have turned out ''almost light enough'' and this would have saved me lots of wasted money! Anyway, better late than never as they say.
The liquid itself has a cool tone but since I have used it only to lighten slightly darker foundations it hasn't affected the tone, texture, coverage or longevity of them. I don't have issues with the dropper either although I'm not fond of dipping it in and out of the bottle daily for hygienic reasons. Would definitely repurchase but meanwhile I can see this lasting a seriously long amount of time.

on 2/2/2017 9:07:00 PM

Good product, and works well with every foundation that I've mixed it with so far.
The only drawback is that the texture and finish of the foundation noticeably changes if you use more than three or four drops of the shade adjuster.
The container itself is a nice, but the dropper does a poor job of dispensing product. Product itself does a good job of what it claims.
Overall would reccomend

on 12/28/2016 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Not sure why the reviews are so mixed but I think this is a great product to lighten the shade of any foundation. I mix many shades and use a few drops to get the color I need. I had so many foundations that get darker once applied and this has helped me use all the various types of foundations. it does not change the formula or finish of my foundation. I mix very well before applying and only mix my product in a separate container to ensure I am working with very small amounts. No complaints about the dropper. I have lighter, olive skin in the winter and darker in the summer so I struggle to use the same foundation year round. This has really helped me. I would repurchase if I ran out but the amount provided is very generous so not sure how long it would take to run out as a few drops seems to do the trick to lighten just right.

I wanted to love this so bad! Yes it really lightens a lot, the foundation doesn't change its consisntecy but for me it gets so oily! And I mean awlfully oily!

on 9/24/2016 7:11:00 AM

I think this product is a must for those of us with extremely fair skin.
I've mixed this product with many foundations (Urban Decay Naked Skin, Mac Face + Body, Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation, Rimmel Match Perfect) and all have looked beautiful and lasted on my skin. As I don't really wear foundation anymore I tend to mix this with my NYX HD Colcealer to lighten it to my skin tone. People have compliment me on my skin when I wear this combination! It doesn't mess with the formula or coverage. Overall this product is essential for those of us with too pale a skin tone to find anything to match!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I heard some bad things about this product but still wanted to try it (which doesn't happen very often). It didn't let me down! I actually really like to use this product. I have a lot of foundations that just really arent my color, I'm not pale at all but still, I often end up buying my foundations a little but too dark. I use just one or two drops of it (depends on the foundation) and it doesn't change the formula of the foundation. This way, I can keep using a lot of my foundations so I think it was a great buy. The only downside of this (and I think everybody knows it) is that the packaging isnt very convenient.

on 6/24/2016 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have many foundations that are just half a shade too dark on my NC15-20/olive skin in the winter but don't work with my skin type in the summer and figured a lightening product would take care of that. Unfortunately, I'm impatient and didn't want to wait, preferring to pick something up at a brick and mortar store instead of ordering online. I should have waited :(
This is not highly pigmented and required quite a bit of product to make any difference plus it's tinted pink (why?!) so it ended up leaving me with a mess of grayish foundation that was nothing like the original in terms of texture, application, finish or color. What's the point? I tried this with five different foundations and it caused the same problems with all of them.

on 4/3/2016 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This has really bad reviews and I don't understand why! I think it's a great product that significantly lightens the shade of your foundation. I use it to lighten my foundation by a few shades and I find only 2 drops are needed. I don't find it changes the formula or finish of my foundation -I've tried it with Nars Sheer Glow and Estee Lauder Double Wear. I've read some reviews saying it turned their foundation a greyish shade, maybe I didn't find this as I use yellow-toned foundations -I'm not sure.
The only compliant I have with this product is that the dropper is horrendous, but besides that I think it is a fantastic product for us pale skinned girls!

Let me start by saying I've been a HUGE fan of TBS for well over a decade, and I've used quite a few of their products at some point or another. I tried to review this on TBS website and they rejected it, stating that I didn't follow their guidelines, so here goes....

I hate when people review products they haven't used yet, but I'm going to do it anyway because I do feel like this product begs for it. I was so excited to see this product in an email because I have a foundation that I LOVE but it's just a tinge too dark, and the next shade down in that lineup is a different tone (mine is golden olive, next "warm" shade down is just golden, no olive).

As someone with SUPER sensitive skin, I read the ingredients first and imagine my dismay when I see several chemical sunscreens AND fragrance. In something that's meant to be MIXED with a separate product, which by all means, would already have these things in it IF you wanted them. Some of us can't tolerate those ingredients and choose foundations accordingly. Likewise if someone wants to have chemical sunscreens in their makeup, they've probably chosen one which fits those needs. And don't get me started on fragrance. If your foundation already has it's own fragrance, why would you want to add a DIFFERENT fragrance into it? This one just baffles me.

I think I'm going to reformulate my "review" as a question about the product and see if that will pass their "test"...

It's extremely unfortunate that they've added these things because the concept of this product is genius.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I'm so dissapointed in these drops, they're supposed to lighten your foundation which they actually do but they also change the consistency of the foundation it makes it very gloopy and really hard to blend. I could actually see streaks on my face where I tried to blend it in. As well as this the dropper is just shit it's so hard to distribute the product because the dropper won't suck up any product. Not only that it's not even a white colour its a light pink.