The Body Shop Shade Adjusting Drops in Lightning

The Body Shop Shade Adjusting Drops in Lightning
Shade Adjusting Drops in Lightning

3.7

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 5/28/2017 6:40:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Dream product. Yes, it's a little expensive but actually when you consider what a teeny-tiny amount is being used it lasts a very long time! I've used this all winter to colour-match a couple of foundations I bought in the summer (Clinique, Bourjois Healthy Mix) and it works well with all of them. There doesn't seem to be any change in foundation consistency.

I pump one application of foundation onto a smooth plastic surface and add 1-2 drops of this, mix with a Q-tip and voila, beautifully colour-matched foundation.

on 4/12/2017 5:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Let me start by saying I'm a neutral undertone fair skinned girl so sometimes foundations are too pink or too yellow/orange. I got these to try out with my favourite high street foundation Bourjois, always slightly too yellow in the lightest shade. A couple of drops of this and it's the perfect neutral!

The one thing that is ridiculous is the dropper, it's mostly air that comes out of it for me, so I pulled out the inner part of the bottle opening to make it bigger and I picked up an oral syringe at the pharmacy (the kind for dispensing cough syrup etc to kids) and it works like a dream, no air and I can measure it way better when mixing.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

These drops kind of blew my mind. I was kind of intimated with the concept - you mix one drop into your foundation to lighten it by about 1/2 a shade. The dropper is a little bit annoying to use but the actual mixing and matching to your skin is way easier than I expected!

The consistency of the product is almost more like an oily serum than a white concealer like I expected. It makes mixing super easy. I was playing around with it and lightened a medium foundation to something wearable for my fair skin with 4 drops.

These drops are pink based according to the body shop website, which is also great as I think a lot of the foundation samples I get tend to run really warm, so this makes it a much better match for my skin tone.

The only foundation I found it didn't really work with is a clinique CC cream that is already a little too pink based for me.

They are a little bit expensive but I managed to get them on a great sale on the body shop's website.

Aside from that, this is now a staple in my collection and I'm so happy they are easy to use!

on 3/22/2017 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Where has this product been all my life? Most of the foundations I've ever bought have turned out ''almost light enough'' and this would have saved me lots of wasted money! Anyway, better late than never as they say.
The liquid itself has a cool tone but since I have used it only to lighten slightly darker foundations it hasn't affected the tone, texture, coverage or longevity of them. I don't have issues with the dropper either although I'm not fond of dipping it in and out of the bottle daily for hygienic reasons. Would definitely repurchase but meanwhile I can see this lasting a seriously long amount of time.

on 2/2/2017 9:07:00 PM

Good product, and works well with every foundation that I've mixed it with so far.
The only drawback is that the texture and finish of the foundation noticeably changes if you use more than three or four drops of the shade adjuster.
The container itself is a nice, but the dropper does a poor job of dispensing product. Product itself does a good job of what it claims.
Overall would reccomend

on 12/28/2016 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Not sure why the reviews are so mixed but I think this is a great product to lighten the shade of any foundation. I mix many shades and use a few drops to get the color I need. I had so many foundations that get darker once applied and this has helped me use all the various types of foundations. it does not change the formula or finish of my foundation. I mix very well before applying and only mix my product in a separate container to ensure I am working with very small amounts. No complaints about the dropper. I have lighter, olive skin in the winter and darker in the summer so I struggle to use the same foundation year round. This has really helped me. I would repurchase if I ran out but the amount provided is very generous so not sure how long it would take to run out as a few drops seems to do the trick to lighten just right.

I wanted to love this so bad! Yes it really lightens a lot, the foundation doesn't change its consisntecy but for me it gets so oily! And I mean awlfully oily!

on 9/24/2016 7:11:00 AM

I think this product is a must for those of us with extremely fair skin.
I've mixed this product with many foundations (Urban Decay Naked Skin, Mac Face + Body, Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation, Rimmel Match Perfect) and all have looked beautiful and lasted on my skin. As I don't really wear foundation anymore I tend to mix this with my NYX HD Colcealer to lighten it to my skin tone. People have compliment me on my skin when I wear this combination! It doesn't mess with the formula or coverage. Overall this product is essential for those of us with too pale a skin tone to find anything to match!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I heard some bad things about this product but still wanted to try it (which doesn't happen very often). It didn't let me down! I actually really like to use this product. I have a lot of foundations that just really arent my color, I'm not pale at all but still, I often end up buying my foundations a little but too dark. I use just one or two drops of it (depends on the foundation) and it doesn't change the formula of the foundation. This way, I can keep using a lot of my foundations so I think it was a great buy. The only downside of this (and I think everybody knows it) is that the packaging isnt very convenient.

on 6/24/2016 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have many foundations that are just half a shade too dark on my NC15-20/olive skin in the winter but don't work with my skin type in the summer and figured a lightening product would take care of that. Unfortunately, I'm impatient and didn't want to wait, preferring to pick something up at a brick and mortar store instead of ordering online. I should have waited :(
This is not highly pigmented and required quite a bit of product to make any difference plus it's tinted pink (why?!) so it ended up leaving me with a mess of grayish foundation that was nothing like the original in terms of texture, application, finish or color. What's the point? I tried this with five different foundations and it caused the same problems with all of them.