Urban Decay Matte Revolution - 1993 (Discontinued Revolution Lipsticks)

No Image

4.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

I loved this brown lipstick. And UD discontinued it? Uhm, why? I thought brown lipsticks were and are hyped. (That was one of the very few brown lipsticks out there which I love)

on 1/13/2017 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Love this lipstick, I don't use this near as much as I should (simply because I'm slightly over nudes and browns) but it's beautiful nonetheless. Perfect midtown brown nude. If you're familiar with MAC lipsticks in Spirit and Verve, 1993 is basically their love child. Great quality matte lipstick that isn't drying either!

on 12/13/2015 12:07:00 PM

I finally managed to get my hands on this lipstick! I was supposed to be on a strict no makeup buys but when the lady at the counter told me that this was back in stock I just had to make it mine and take it home with me. The colour is a gorgeous, true 1990's brown shade with a cool greyish undertone to it. It is in the same colour family as MAC Spirit, but is much darker. That being said, this is not a gothic or out of the box dark colour, I would say that this is the perfect colour for those experimenting or just getting into the darker fall colours. On me, this colour isn't particularly scary dark - for reference I am medium skinned with yellow undertones, around a MAC NC20-25. On my friend, who is much paler than me, the grey undertone is more prominent and the colour is more vampy but I swear it looks awesome! I love using this colour alone, with MAC Spirit focused in the centre or with a nude lipgloss over it.

The formula is the main reason why I adore this lipstick. Although this is part of the matte collection, I would say the formula is more semi-matte and more of a satin finish. I find that the slight sheen does not last long and can easily be patted down or set with translucent powder. The formula is so comfortable on the lips, the lipstick just glides on and coats the lips in rich, opaque colour in just one swipe. It feels creamy, but not so creamy that it feels like it's slipping all over the place. The best thing about this lipstick is that it lasts so long and fades evenly without leaving that dreaded ring or patches. It does transfer but only slightly.

Overall, I cannot recommend this lipstick enough. Not just this colour, but the whole Urban Decay Revolution range - including the lipgloss and the blush. Deffo worth every penny paid. I would even go so far to say that these lipsticks are on the same level as MAC if not better than MAC.

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I was super excited when I heard about this shade, I'm usually pretty loyal to mac when buying lipsticks as I feel their price/quality ratio is high. This shade reminded me of old photos of my mom, and big flannels, and twin peaks. Safe to say I'm a sucker for nostalgia. It's a medium red-brown. I might go back for the lip liner to make it a little more dramatic. This is one of my new favorite winter shades.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Call me crazy for being a woman soon approaching 50 and wanting "Kylie Jenner lips", LOL...
I impulsively bought the UD lipstick in shade 1993, while out buying groceries.

As soon as I applied the color, it looked too dark (I'm not one for drawing attention to myself), but a few minutes later, I was sold! The shade is gorgeous and would flatter most skin tones. It went on surprisingly smooth and lasted at least 5-6 hours. The best part, though, is that it makes my teeth look much whiter :)