Umberto Giannini Dry Texturizing Spray

No Image

1 review

on 11/5/2015 7:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a really good dry texturizing spray that works really well to define and separate my layers and it adds plenty of grit and heft that give me that tousled slept-in bedhead look. I bought this spray at Target for $10 and it works as well as Redken Wind Blown ($17) or AG High and Dry ($22). It builds volume if used on the roots and delivers a nice amount of texture with just a few spritzes. When used on clean hair, it dirties it up a bit and it has a nice amount of hold so you don't necessarily need a hairspray on top, although I do use a light flexible hold hairspray (Got2b Mind Blowing, which is awesome btw) on top because my hair is extremely hard to hold and it needs a little extra boost. This texturizing spray states on the container that it adds shine, which is why I bought it, but it actually has a matte finish, which I'm not too crazy about and why I'm giving it four lippies. However, I can use a shine spray afterward and get the result I'm after, which is really no big deal. This spray helps to give me that piecey separation that highlights the lines of my haircut, an effect I love. I see no difference between the expensive texturizers and Umberto so I'll definitely repurchase it. It's better than Fructis Texture Tease, which is also inexpensive. However, Umberto delivers more texture in just a few sprays than Texture Tease does if I spray quite a bit, so there you go. Also, there's not much product in a can of Texture Tease so it's really about the same price per use as Umberto. If you want that high volume slept-in look, you can't go wrong with this Umberto spray. This is the first Umberto product I've tried and I really like it so I'm curious about the other products in the line. I definitely recommend this product highly. I see no reason to spend outrageous amounts of money on dry texturizers because Umberto delivers a great product for a great price. I highly recommend it.

Update; I used this spray twice and really liked it. However, after these two uses, the nozzle totally clogged and nothing I did had any effect on it at all. So I'm returning it to Target and will get another one and see whether the same thing happens again. If it does, I'll return that one too and will get my money back. It worked really well so I'm super unhappy that this happened but what else can I do? Surely a $10 product should be useable right? Stupid thing!! If I have further problems I will totally edit this review. For those of you thinking of trying this spray, keep your receipt handy, lol!