Clinique High Impact Lip Colour SPF 15 in # 20 Rose Spectrum

1 review

on 10/29/2015 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This is a lovely creamy brownish copper rose shade. It's in the High Impact line with SPF 15, while the name is the same as a previous now discontinued line this shade migrated into the new High Impact range which is really nice as it's a great neutral. I include a swatch of it on the back of my hands on my pale freckly redhead skin. It is the bottom one, the top one is Honey Blush, and Rosette in the middle all from this line. As you can see it is the most opaque of the the 3, the other two are more sheer.

My Clinique lady talked me into trying this. In the tube it looks like dry mud. Nothing special! But once it's on the lips, it's absolutely GORGEOUS. It turns into a rose toned copper on me and is another of my good shades when I need a red lipstick but I'm too old and pale to get away with any real reds.

This is one of those-- you should try it before you say no to it-- type of lipsticks. Just like some dresses on the hanger in the store look a real mess till you try them on and then suddenly it's magic.

Rose Spectrum is darker and more opaque than I usually wear, but my husband likes it very much and says it shows up but doesn't overpower my face. That can be a problem when you are pale and put on a lipstick with some real colour to it.

The formula on all 3 is consistently creamy and moisturizing without bleeding into my aging lip lines and lasts for 4 hours or till the next meal before I need to reapply, and the stain it leaves is even and pleasant if you leave it longer.

Paula Begoun notes that these are a FULL spectrum SPF, the kind that REALLY protects the lips.

It comes in a brushed silver round case that has a firm closure and feels solid. Won't lose the cap in a purse for example, I've been trying that out. The bullet itself isn't so soft it deforms, and it goes on easily, like I said, really moisturizing. Nice balance because the buttershines were so moist that the bullet easily mushed into a mess. This won't, but it's still got something that keeps my dry flaky lips looking good for hours AFTER it's off even. Something in there is a long term moisturizer.