Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Dry Shampoo

Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Dry Shampoo
Perfect Hair Day Dry ShampooPerfect Hair Day Dry Shampoo

3.7

Isobutane, Propane, Alcohol Denat., Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Cellulose, Octafluoropentyl Methacrylate (OFPMA), Caprylyl Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Citronellyl Methylcrotonate, Hydroxypropylcellulose, Hydrated Silica, Cetrimonium Chloride, Zeolite, Ethylcellulose, Octoxynol-10, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Water/Eau/Aqua, Fragrance/Parfum, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenethyl Alcohol, Limonene, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citral, Linalool.

on 10/12/2018 4:14:00 AM

Awesome product, worth every penny!! Very simple aesthetic packaging wise, no frills compared to Oribe, Kerastase or other higher end products, but this doesn’t at all represent the internal product itself, or how it works, and of course the price tag is not low either. I have very long blonde fine hair with a slight natural wave, otherwise straight. This gave me instant volume and cleansed my ‘three day hair, post an oil based massage at the spa look’ perfectly, as though it had just been washed and styled. No exaggeration! It took away all the oil and whatever and left me with voluminous hair and a light citrusy scent. It does make the hair more matte looking and I did notice it sprayed in a little bit whitish, but then that disappeared completely after the 30 second wait and brush through. Very happy with the results, very very effective product. Totally recommend. Not cheap though, but you get what you pay for with this!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

The best dry shampoo I've every used. Its very similar to KMS California Hair Play Makeover Spray. Both are similar in scent (light, fresh), and both leave no white residue. I love them both but Living Proof works a bit faster, I get more volume, and it also gives hair smooth slip, as if it has been conditioned as well as dry shampooed. What I mean is it leaves hair smooth and touchable, not tacky.

The downsides are it is very pricey and difficult to get hold of in New Zealand. I would definitely repurchase interchangeably with the KMS for use as my special occasion dry shampoo. Batiste is my everyday budget dry shampoo.

on 6/27/2018 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

I bought this as a smaller sample (1.8 oz) at Sephora to give it a test run before I try out the bigger size. It is by far the best dry shampoo that I have tried (compared to the drugstore dry shampoos). It has a pleasant smell and leaves no white residue!
The downside, the sample size ran out very fast! This could be because I purchased a smaller size, or maybe just this bottle was letting air escape. I will want to give a full bottle a try, just to see if it runs out faster than other bottles the same size.

on 6/24/2018 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

It really does make your hair perfect. I relaxed my 4c hair a week ago after 7 years of being natural. I purchased this dry shampoo while I was on vacation in Palm Beach, Fl a month ago. Finally, I could try it as my hair is uber straight since the relaxer so oil travels fast and makes my hair look a hot mess. I absolutely love this. The smell is overpowering but goes away in half a day. I sprayed this all over my roots, massaged and brushed the powder out. First, this is the most powdery dry shampoo I have ever tried. Second, the white powder does not affect my black/brown hair negatively at all. It is invisible after being brushed out. Third, it makes my hair look freshly washed. I am trying to lessen my heat use since I am back to chemically altered hair. So I am attempting to wash my hair every 2 weeks. With this dry shampoo it might actually be possible.

It does what it's supposed to, it absorbs oil and makes hair appear cleaner, but that's about it. It gives a bit of volume/texture to hair, but not more than something like Batiste or what have you would. The PhD dry shampoo isn't that well suited for darker hair either as it's very on the white and powdery side (think Klorane) and unless the powder is combed out or otherwise distributed diligently it stays *white* and looks very obvious under daylight (like in bathroom lighting hair looks fine and then outdoors powdery patches are suddenly visible) - despite LP claiming that the whiteness goes away after 30 seconds. The spray itself is pretty powerful and I never had an issue of the nozzle clogging or it it not delivering the product, though like all aerosol type dry shampoos it's important to shake the bottle well before. The smell is fresh, though a little nondescript, something lemony/floral. The smell is noticeable at first, but fades or becomes less obvious fast. I somehow got the impression that PhD struggled with stronger smells like cigarette smoke that most scented dry shampoos cover with ease (like Moroccan Oil dry shampoo, for example, even though it's scent is softer and less noticeable), but I don't feel like I use less of PhD compared to other dry shampoos. Maybe I'm a little spoiled by my favorite dry shampoo Bumble&Bumble pret-a-powder as that one works for my bit darker hair perfectly and gives great texture, volume and leaves hair shiny, clean and nice smelling, but I don't think LP PhD is that great. PhD dry shampoo is average in my experience and most DS dry shampoos match the results (Batiste, Aussie, Pantene), and many premium brands outperform PhD by a mile (Aveda, Alterna, Moroccan Oil, Bumble&Bumble). I don't think the Healthy Hair molecule (OFPMA) really does something in this product, I see OFPMA "working" on my hair when using their Restore range products, but I don't think there's enough of it in the dry shampoo to make a difference.

on 4/21/2018 9:23:00 PM

This is the only dry shampoo I have found that actually seems to clean my hair. I can't live without it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I got a sample of this recently, and yesterday I “got the chance” to put it to the test when I had to go somewhere suddenly, immediately after rubbing a bunch of olive oil into my hair as a conditioning treatment... I wasn’t necessarily in the mood to face the public looking like a drowned rat, so I sprayed loads of this onto my hair and scalp, waited a minute and then worked it in thoroughly with my fingers. It made my hair so... fabulous! It had so much volume and texture (a good thing for fine strands). You couldn’t tell whatsoever that I had practically just dunked my hair in pure oil just moments before. When I first sprayed it I was nervous, because my hair is dyed the blackest blue-black I can get ahold of and this spray definitely left a strong white cast, but once you work it into the hair well enough it completely goes away. I am really impressed, but I wish it wasn’t so expensive for the full size.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Long story short, the major reason I don't like this product is because it is too powdery and leaves a white cast on my hair, and I my hair is not even dark. I also find the smell to be overpowering and lingering. I used up a whole travel size can of this and was never completely satisfied, I had to work it in to my roots with my fingers very heavily and I hate the gritty texture against my fingers. I wanted to love it and jump on the LP hype train but I find Batiste to be better than LP because it is easier to work into my roots and cheaper.

on 12/13/2017 6:29:00 PM

I love this dry shampoo! My hair feels like its just been washed after use, fresh and nice texture! And nice, neutral smell! My go to dry shampoo🙌

on 12/10/2017 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is the only dry shampoo I have actually repurchased and I will continue to do so I especially whenever I can get a deal on it and stock up). It *is* pricy, no doubt, but even in that price range it kills the competition.

Yes, Living Proof's whole line has given me sticker shock, but since I tried some of their products there is no going back and I do feel I get my money's worth because otherwise I am constantly buying different cheaper things chasing exactly what I want and still ending up with an empty wallet and a bathroom full of products I don't love.

This dry shampoo is amazing. I would more accurately give it 4.5 lippies, only knocking of a smidge for the price.

Really refreshes even week-old unwashed hair. (I have 'fantasy/fashion color' hair so I was as infrequently as possible.)

Doesn't make hair look or feel dry or powdery (or fake shiny either) and doesn't leave a scalp residue like all other dry shampoos I have tried.

Washes out easily with non sulfate shampoo, even in cold water (which I use to prolong my color/prevent fading).

The travel size bottle actually lasted me quite a while so you get a decent bang for your buck, even with the steep price.

She smell is strong at first but dissipates quickly from hair, leaving it just smelling clean.

I just bought 2 more bottles and will continue to repurchase.

Video Reviews & Tutorials