COSRX One Step Pimple Clear Pad

COSRX One Step Pimple Clear Pad

4.2

Salix alba (willow), bark, water, butylene glycol, glycerin, betaine salicylate, 1,2-hexanediol, panthenol, allatoin, arginine, peg-60 hydrogenated castor oil, sodium hyaluronate, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) peel oil, melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) leaf oil, ethyl hexanediol, sodium hydroxide

on 9/3/2018 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Honestly, I’m really surprised by this product. I bought it as I kept getting pimples on my forehead and cheeks, and applying pimple treatments were not working. So out of desperation, I bought this, not believing that it would work to help clear my pimples. Lo and behold, I could see the effects after just 1 night. My pimples were much flattened, and I had no new breakouts, and my skin appeared(and felt) clearer and less clogged. I would normally get an extra few pimples when my period comes round, but this product has kept the hormonal breakout in check.

Just remember not to scrub too hard with the abrasive side, that might cause some irritation and burning sensation. I did that the first time I used and learnt not to do that again.

Some recommend cutting the pad in 2 to save costs. I might do that in the future, but using one pad works for me currently.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this product thinking that it's a good and cheaper replacement for pixi glow tonic, but it just made my skin flare up with redness. I don't know what's up with this product but it does weird things to my skin. One day I'll be having clear skin and the next I'm breaking out.

on 3/12/2018 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

UPDATE (06/18/18): I did like the Cosrx since my skin seems to love willow bark water but it didn't keep my nose as clear as I'd like. So it's back to using a proper BHA.

ORIGINAL REVIEW: Let me add my voice to the chorus of positive reviews for these pads. It's still relatively early days (one week) but my skin's so happy, I decided I had to review them. My skin has always loved Willow Bark water. (I used to use SilkNaturals BHA toner back when it was willow bark based). Willow bark is anti-microbial. As a natural exfoliant, it helps to shed dead skin cells .... which is always a good thing if one's is SD/clog prone like me.

80% willow bark water + 1% betaine salicylate = perfection. Cut them in half to save $$$. These pads are very well-saturated. The only concern is to make sure you close the lid well to keep them from drying out.

I will say that the first few days were a bit rocky and I was really unsure if these would work for me. But then I realized that I had been literally "scrubbing" my skin using the rough side (um.....don't do that). Now I use the "smooth" side and save the "rough" side for my nose, hairline and ears. These pads have actually proved to be very soothing, probably due to the allantoin.....and the willow bark, which is also anti-flammatory. The scent is a bit off-putting at first (lemony Pledge + Pine-sol) but I'm already getting used to it. I don't notice as much as I did at first.

INGREDIENTS: Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Water, Butylene Glycol, Betaine Salicylate, 1, 2-Hexanediol, Panthenol, Allantoin, Arginine, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Hyaluronic Acid, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Ethyl Hexanediol, Sodium Hydroxide. (pH is 4)

I will update in a month or so. But so far, thumbs up!!!

on 3/11/2018 12:31:00 PM

I don't usually write reviews but this is a must! When I first used this, I thought it didn't do much to my face but O boy when I stopped using this after I finished my first tub, my face got really bad and I knew that I just had to repurchase this product again. I'm onto my 5th tub now and whenever I forget to use this or I stop using it, my skin would look sooo bad! This is my HG! It helps to prevent break outs, calms my skin and makes it so healthy looking! Literally the only product I've repurchased so many times! Use it in the night tho as a toner after cleansing and let it sink into your skin for a few mins before proceeding your next skincare steps.

I used to have a love-hate relationship with this product because I thought it was too oily for my oily-acne prone skin. however, when I purchase the 2nd jar, I used it in a different way, I have really bad cystic acne on both my cheeks, and I put this as a mask on the breakout areas, in just one night it helps to minimise the size of the cystic acne!! I was so surprised by this! this really works if I use as a mask on my acne, but when I use it as a toner, it works just fine. however, the key to not "feel" oily is to let it absorb into the skin before putting next product. the way I use it, when I feel lazy at night and don't feel like using moisturiser, I just swap this on my face, then use another clean pad to compress the breakout area and leave it overnight (even without the moisturiser I'll feel moisturised already), the next day it'll calm my acne. if you know how to use it its gonna be soooo good.

It works! I stopped using the BHA blackhead power liquid for this. It's so convenient and I love the pine/eucalyptus smell. I'm a huge fan and have already repurchased.

on 8/24/2017 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Bought a tub during my last trip to Korea after reading so many great reviews about the product. Been using it for a few weeks now and it's worked wonders on my skin! I've been having more acne than usual the past year, which the derma says is likely caused by stress and lack of sleep, but it's been improving ever since I started using it. I use it once every two or three days (and not daily as instructed) as I've never used any BHA products before, and I've had no adverse reactions to it so far. I've been using it for the acne on my back as well.

Some reviews by various bloggers will advise that you cut each pad in half to "double its content", but I think this is extremely unsanitary! One pad should be enough for your face and neck.

The only con I guess would be that this product isn't readily available. It was a bit challenging to find even in Korea. Some websites do ship abroad but at a huge margin.

on 8/17/2017 10:40:00 AM

This product is my HOLY GRAIL!!! I like how every pad is soaked completely and I have more than enough to wipe my entire face. After using this for probably 1 month, I can see a clear difference in my face. I have lesser pimples and my face became brighter and refreshed. I usually wipe with the gentle side first before using the exfoliating side. Also, this product has a really nice smell. Definitely repurchasing!!

my skin tone and acne improved for the first three days, then i started breaking out even more than before, despite spamming pimple cream and the pads.

on 5/14/2017 4:49:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Got to know about this thru a youtuber (joankim) and how much she raved about this product. So I bought it to try it on. IT WORKS WONDER. All the small bumps on my Tzone disappeared and I rarely have any acne or bumps issue as long as I use it everyday.