Pacifica Dreamy Cover Bare Faced Serum Foundation

Pacifica Dreamy Cover Bare Faced Serum Foundation

2.5

While this product isn’t perfect (it isn’t easy to blend, and the pump is terrible for such a runny product), this is the only foundation (actually, I’d call it more of a bb creme) that doesn’t break me out, so I will *absolutely* keep purchasing it. It gives light coverage, great if you still want your freckles to show. I have to combine the fair/light and the light/medium shades to get the right shade for my coloring, but for the price, I don’t mind. Also, once it’s on, I can’t feel it, which is super-important for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been on the hunt for a "greener" foundation. I saw this one on Amazon and purchased it because my local Ulta is always low stock on Pacifica. The shade range is awful. I purchased this in the shade "fair/light" and it is wayyy too light. I'm an NC20, and it is very, very fair. Nonetheless, I tried it since I could not return. The coverage is so minimal, it doesn't really hide much. I didn't expect it to be full coverage because it is supposed to be a lightweight, serum foundation. However, it really just looks like I smeared on some night cream and called it a day. This is more like a tinted moisturizer, but without the moisture. I would not recommend unless you are looking for some sunscreen with a light tint. This is more of a product for those with really good skin.

I live on the beach, so I'm on the prowl for something to wear in the sunshine. I love Pacifica... I didn't love this foundation. Can't say it broke me out. I've only tried it 3 times. The last 2 times I tried, it made my face incredibly pale and dry. It dried out my fine lines (not that I have too many) and acne, ick. I might wear this at the beach if I'm by myself and just need the SPF. I would not use this product again-- feel bad for spending the money. Still on the search for an organic foundation.

I used the darkest shade. Safe and vegan, both are requirements for me. 20spf is good, but because it's summer and I'm doing some peels I'm wanting more spf. I agree with other reviewers the coverage is awesome for just a few drops. A thinner consistency liquid so make sure you squeeze it out carefully. I used a sponge to apply and didn't have the streaking problem others describe. However I definitely would not recommend it on areas of wrinkles or acne scars as once it dries it emphasizes them. It would look even worse on texture irregularities if you apply a powder on top but if you don't apply powder it will slide around/off. If I avoid application to my eye area where I have wrinkles - it looks great everywhere else. A pretty good safe and effective foundation but I probably won't buy again because of the way it emphasizes wrinkles.

on 10/18/2016 7:41:00 PM

This foundation gives me good coverage and looks glowy and natural on my skin, but I would never be able to blend it without my brush. I do like the fact that I need only one or two drops for my entire face because it is more expensive than the foundations I have bought before.

on 5/30/2016 10:12:00 AM

This foundation is crazy oily. It has little to no coverage.
I think because this is a serum it's made for mature skin that NEEDS hydration.
I had a terrible time trying to blend it and it separated when I applied a powder on top.
I would never recommend this product to anyone.

on 3/9/2016 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I absolutely loathed this stuff the first time I tried it, but it had more to do with my skin than the product itself because not even my Double Wear looked acceptable. Now that my skin is more calm, this stuff is working fairly well. I'm very fond of how lightweight it is, and the coverage is very impressive; very little goes a long way. One pump is all it takes to greatly reduce the appearance of my rather severe hyperpigmentation, but it does not act kindly to dry patches whatsoever, hence why I would not repurchase.

This is going right back. Abysmal color selection, but I actually managed to find a shade that matched. It felt nice when I swatched it, blended nicely, etc. But as far as overall wear goes, it wore patchy (with primer, and set with powder, etc) ---it pilled up when I tried to apply it, and I ended up with pilled up bits of foundation all over my chest, my powder brush, everything. It just wasn't a quality product for the price. Would not recommend or repurchase.

I'm a big fan of Pacifica but this foundation just didn't cut it for me. Pros: weightless, nice coverage, no offensive smell. Cons: Hard to blend. all my brushes left streaks behind. I felt like my Beauty blender was blotting away the foundation. my fingers were the best application. -Highlighted every single pore, dry patch, and fine line that I didn't know existed on my face. -Foundation moves around throughout the day. It disappeared in some spots and look unblended in others. -Transfers onto everything. I touched my face briefly to pull off a piece of lint. I touched paper afterwards and saw my foundation fingerprint. - An oily mess during summer when I first tried this out. Although it didn't look greasy now that it's winter, there were still a bunch of drawbacks. Overall, this was not a winner in my book.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I'm half-Asian, half-Caucasian with combination skin that tans easily, but can get sallow and dull with hyperpigmentation during the late fall/winter/early spring seasons. In warmer seasons I can get away with tinted sunscreen (Elta MD), but now that I'm 35 I need a bit more coverage. I tried the Light/Medium shade of this product and I'm a fan!

My skin adores oil-based moisturizers (something I discovered too late in life!) so I'd been eyeing some of the newer serum foundations put out by more expensive prestige brands (Bobbi Brown), but wanted a more affordable option featuring healthier ingredients and no animal testing. When Ulta had a BOGO 1/2 off sale, plus a 20% off total purchase coupon, I thought I'd give this + the Ultra CC cream a try.

I first applied 3 pumps on bare skin (cleansed beforehand with a micellar wipe) with fingertips, and saw emphasized flakes and clogged pores, similar to what the first reviewer had noticed. Normal to oily skin might be fine with a bare-faced application as the product suggests, but dry or mature skin will need to be prepped with moisture first. So I re-cleansed with another wipe, patted on some facial oil, and let it sink in before trying again. This time I used 2 pumps in my palm, striped the product with a fingertip across my face, then blended in a circular motion with my Urban Decay Optical Blurring foundation brush. MUCH better. The watery, full-coverage formula spreads and blends more evenly with a brush. Dries down to a demi-matte/matte finish, almost powdery. Does not oxidize too dark, thank goodness.

It's a surprising amount of coverage for a formula which feels so thin and watery straight from the pump. It'll definitely perform best over freshly exfoliated + moisturized skin, though it says to apply "on clean bare skin."

Compared to Pacifica Ultra CC Cream Radiant Foundation, this gives fuller coverage with a more matte finish, and almost certainly requires a brush for application. I'll reach for this when I want to look more polished and have freshly showered/exfoliated beforehand.