Glossier Boy Brow

Glossier Boy Brow
Boy BrowBoy Brow

3.3

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), Beeswax (Cera Alba), Butylene Glycol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Isostearic Acid, PVP, Dimethicone, Tromethamine, Oleic Acid, Silica, Polybutene, Lecithin, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Glyceryl Laurate, Sorbitan Laurate, Atelocollagen, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I wanted to love this! As a brow product, it's great (though you go through it so so fast if you use it daily). However, it broke me out REALLY badly. I have normal skin that's pretty well managed and I don't ever really get problematic breakouts. With this, I got the worst pimples of my life - big, painful, red bumps that swelled up my forehead and left behind scars. It started out pretty innocent, with little whiteheads that would go away with Epiduo after a day or so. But these are like nothing I've ever seen - like painful bug bites right above and between my eyebrows. I haven't changed anything else about my routine and I even repurchased this. Shame, because it's such an awesome brow gel and I really love what it does to my look! Just not to my skin.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I think I'm in the minority here. Bought this in brunette. PRO'S: doesn't dry out at quickly as Gimme Brow by Benefit, Small brush, keeps brows in place fairly well CON'S: too warm toned, I don't find it to really have the same "fiber" texture like gimme brow just more of a tinted gel. I won't be repurchasing even though this is cheaper, Gimme Brow is more accessible and gives a better result/color for the same exact hold.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Another Glossier product I wanted to love.

There was a lot of hype around this product so I finally caved and purchased this in black. I love that the tube is so tiny and that the brush is also very tiny. I have sparse brows and need to fill them in everyday. This is great for holding the hairs in place for me—like a hair gel. It was horrible for filling in my brows hence 3 stars.

The coloring was right and the product itself I liked. When you applied it, looks like little hairs and after it dries, it does not budge (pros and cons here). However, I cannot use this by itself. It makes my brows look even sparser than is because it cannot fill in where the hair does not grow.

I find that if I combine this w/ my NYX Brow Pencil, they make the perfect duo. NYX helps me to shape and fill in extremely sparse areas. Then going over my brows with this gives it a bushier/fuller look without looking too unnatural.

With that being said, for $16, will not purchase again. I can get by just fine using NYX and Clio Tinted Kill Brows—both cheaper than Boy Brow combined.

on 2/26/2017 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Got this in black. I have very oily sensitive skin and this boy brow works just fine. Little goes a long way. Do not fade, budge or anything it just stay where it is all day. Im impressed. However, price is a bit too high for only 0.11oz product you got.

on 12/23/2016 10:15:00 AM

So first things first, this tiny tube came in a GIANT box stuffed with the pink Glossier bubble pouch, a product sample, stickers, and a poster (why? what would anyone do with a poster?) in addition to the actual product. Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather have lower prices (or a larger tube) than all this shiz...though my daughter enjoyed decorating her toy farm with Glossier stickers.

Aside from that, I do like Boy Brow. Probably more so than most other brow products I've tried. I have full, dark brows that just need a little grooming and taming, so my needs aren't that serious. I also prefer a more natural looking brow. I got the Black shade. This has a thick waxy texture that's not too waxy, goopy, or slippery. The brush is the perfect tiny shape. It wrangles my brows into place all day with minimal effort. I'd say it does add some fullness, but the biggest benefit for me is that all day hold with no crispy texture or weird shine. The Black is indeed a nice soft black with no warm tones (glorious) - the possiblity to go overboard full on Groucho Marx is there but I think the Medium would've been too light. I just make sure to wipe off the excess before applying.

Biggest pros: actual all day hold, easy application, good shade, soft & natural looking
Biggest cons: price, size

The price wouldn't bother me so much if there weren't so much visual evidence as to where my money is actually going...the product itself is pretty great though, and I will most likely repurchase.

on 11/19/2015 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I had high hopes for this product, but I'm not a huge fan.The biggest problem is how messy the applicator is. The product always accumulates in a thick glob on one side of the brush and gets smeared around the mouth of the tube. A tighter opening that squeegees excess product off the brush would solve this. It's hard to apply symmetrically to both brows because of how unevenly the product goes on. Like a previous reviewer mentioned, there's very little product, too, so this mess feels wasteful. The brown color is too light and unpigmented for my dark brown hair but I worry that the black color will be straight black and look wrong.

I don't love the texture either. It's a bit sticky and greasy and transfers oil to my bangs. It goes on WET and take a while to dry. It's not crunchy though, and doesn't flake or run.

I would like this better if this were a drier formula and more pigmented. It offers good hold for my long brow hairs, but the mess is not worth it. It's no easier than applying dipbrow and it doesn't look as good.

Popular Brows Products