Glossier Boy Brow

Glossier Boy Brow
Boy BrowBoy Brow

4.1

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), Beeswax (Cera Alba), Butylene Glycol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Isostearic Acid, PVP, Dimethicone, Tromethamine, Oleic Acid, Silica, Polybutene, Lecithin, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Glyceryl Laurate, Sorbitan Laurate, Atelocollagen, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA

Skin: Dry, Other, Neutral

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

I bought this in black and it did thicken up my brow hairs quite nicely. Doesn't make them crunchy or stiff feeling. But for the price, I'm underwhelmed. It didn't hold up my thick brow hairs at all. It didn't even last through the morning for me. I'll be returning this for sure.

on 9/25/2018 7:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I used to be a brow pencil kinda girl because I love the pigmentation it gives, but now I realise that it doesn't always look the most natural and I've since graduated to brow gels and mascaras. Needless to say, I've tried quite a few of these sorts of products. So how does Boy Brow compare?

Pigmentation wise, this is pretty similar to the Essence brow gel... which is a fraction of the price and is more widely available worldwide tbh. And in my experience, these two brow gels are actually not very pigmented compared to say, the NYX cosmetics' brow mascara. I see a lot of people using a brow pencil before this brow gel, and I don't blame them because the pigmentation isn't the most opaque.

But it sure holds my brows in place though! On days I'm after the whole brushed up brows look, Boy Brow holds them up for a good few hours. Better than any of the brow gels/mascaras I've tried! The other ones I've tried are either too watery and thin to have any hold at all, or too thick that they weigh my eyebrows down straight away. Boy Brow, on the other hand, is watery but also waxy at the same time so it holds my brows in place nicely. And the individual strands of my brow hairs are quite thick too.

Will I get it again? Tbh, not sure because I don't really care for a brow gel that holds in place because I just want to fill in some of the sparse areas in my eyebrows and I prefer something pigmented for that. I'd rather just get the Essence one in this case because they look the same on my eyebrows in terms of how it fills in the sparse bits. For what this product is, it does a good job imo. But for something that doesn't even ship to my country, for me it's not worth something to go through heaven and hell just to get to when I can get something else 10 minutes from my house that looks similar to what Boy Brow gives me. I might try the clear version out of curiosity, but not because I think the product is particularly mindblowing for me. If you're looking for a product that holds eyebrow hairs in place though, in my experience this has been great! I just don't care for that personally.

on 7/17/2018 4:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm in love with this product! I get fuller brows in great color (brown) in a quick and simple application.

I'm almost done with my first tube of Boy Brow and I will definitely order again. This does a wonderful job of making my brows look fuller. Great price for the value of the product.

on 7/9/2018 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

*update- I bumped this up a lippie because it holds up so well in high heat and humidity. Even if I'm sweating this doesnt smudge or disappear. Still not a do or die product for me but a good option in the summer.

This is a decent product the brown shade is a decent neutral tone and it does give good definition and hold to my brows. I love the tiny brush too. But let's get real,
this product is priced at more than $5/gram at 3g per tube. That's the same amount as a travel sized BTS mascara which is $4 cheaper. I expect this to last a month. I had a good coupon code so I bought 2 but I wouldn't buy this full priced. I have sparser brows so I still need to fill bare spots and this does nothing for that so it doesn't really speed up my mornings. I'd buy it again on sale but it's not a do or die item in my routine. Someone with fuller brows may get more out of it..

on 5/22/2018 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I do actually really love the product but it is way too expensive for what it is. I love the wand shape. Its small and its super easy to use it to fill into the brows. I can definitely see a difference in my brows and it holds the shape all day. My brows are already shaped because I get them threaded. So this does the job of filling in the sparse parts and it makes them overall thicker without it looking darker. But its soooo expensive and thats the reason why I would rethink purchasing again.

on 5/16/2018 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Following all the rave reviews, I really badly wanted to love this product. And I do love it - it really does do exactly what it says in the blurb, and the result looks great. It gives a tidy, natural look with virtually no effort. It's a bit pricey for the amount you get, but it really does work.

Unfortunately for me, it turns out that I'm highly sensitive to one of its components. From the first time I used it, it has made me itch like crazy - even more so when my skin gets very warm. So very sadly, it's back to my old brow pencil for now. Great product, but not for me. :(

on 5/8/2018 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Has better volumizing and lengthening effect as the benefit gimme brow; I use the darkest boy brow shade and it has that same ashy tone as the darkest gimme brow. This combined with the abh brow wiz is my favorite brow duo! However, I can also wear this by itself needing to add more, unlike a lot of other brow gels

on 4/24/2018 7:00:00 PM

It adds a bit of color and holds my brow hairs in place i have this in brown and i have dark almost black asian hair. This is a really good brow gel its very natural

edit- colourpop brow boss clear gel is cheaper and does the same thing. without color though but i now fill in my brows so i no longer will purchase this one. its too expensive for what it is. colourpop is pretty much the same without the brow tint

on 4/12/2018 6:44:00 AM

Love this brow product! I use the Charlotte Tilbury eyebrow pencil to fill in my brows (my HG) and this on top to feather the inner corners and add definition to fine hairs at the ends and what a natural and amazing combination! Already purchased a backup!

Popular Brows Products