Glossier Boy Brow

Glossier Boy Brow
Boy BrowBoy Brow

3.5

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), Beeswax (Cera Alba), Butylene Glycol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Isostearic Acid, PVP, Dimethicone, Tromethamine, Oleic Acid, Silica, Polybutene, Lecithin, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Glyceryl Laurate, Sorbitan Laurate, Atelocollagen, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have relatively full brows that already are shaped so I prefer brow mascaras that quickly fill in any sparse spots. This is a decent product, it actually uses more product than I expected from Glossier so on me it can look a little blocky so I have to use a spoolie to even it out and it holds my brows in place. If you're needing some detailed work this won't be enough for you and you'll need a brow pencil or pomade.

That being said I don't feel this is worth the hype. I have been using Nyx brow mascara and they are literally the exact same product except Nyx is half the price and double the size so I will continue to use that from now on.

on 3/15/2018 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

$16.00 for 0.11 oz.

I had no idea this would be so small. It looks like a sample from Sephora. I got the color blonde. Don't expect this to fill in your brows or hold them in place all that well either. The color was ok, not dark or red like some blonde colors but I considered it a total waste of money. Essence Make Me Brow in Blondy Brows is just as good if not better and it is $2.99 for .13 oz. This doesn't thicken mine or fill them in anymore than the Essence does, but it does hold them in place a little, and just barely a little better But surely not 13.00 more better. If you want more hold just get Maybelline Great Lash Clear Mascara or splurge on ABH clear gel, but i don't think there is much difference and Maybelline is only around 5.00 vs. 22.00 for ABH.

on 11/25/2017 1:44:00 AM

I love this stuff! I'm quite lazy when it comes to brows and I can just swipe and go with this stuff. The blonde shade is perfect for me. I have lighter brows with some sparse areas and this stuff colors and fluffs my brows into looking normal. Packaging is basic. Can get kinda gunky at the opening. I already have a backup replacement.

on 8/22/2017 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Overall result was fine but I eventually figured out it was clogging my pores and giving me acne. I will go back to Benefit's Gimme Brow, which has a drier texture and is more subtle and natural. Boy Brow is wetter with stronger color, so better for a more noticeable or dramatic look but be careful if you have acne-prone skin.

on 8/13/2017 6:13:00 PM

So... you did it, Glossier. And it wasn't even your clever online marketing strategy — it's your product quality.

Yep. Believe the hype. This little thing came in the mail today. I was truly skeptical but a few quick brushes of the wand and my eyebrows looked fuller, darker and generally nicer: with very Very little effort. It's basically mascara for your eyebrows, but the thickening kind as opposed to elongating the hairs.

Glossier totes itself as a quick natural-looking makeup line for people who don't want to fuss with too long of a makeup routine (or simply don't possess the talent to do proper makeup application and make it look good like *me*) and I honestly don't think I'll be using a pencil or any powder on my eyebrows anymore because this product does the job. I can't speak to it irritating skin into break-outs as I'm currently on Accutane, but I haven't noticed any irritation and my skin gets red quite easily. I used to use the Hourglass pencil but it's just... an expensive pencil, and wasn't very forgiving if you overdid it. It wasn't terrible but my eyebrows would look sort of painted in my opinion. Plus, the price tag was heinous.

Anyway, back to boy brow — I think it's the perfect eyebrow product for those of us who enjoy thicker brows without the hassle of walking the fine line between "luscious" and "unnatural". I'd give it a try if you're curious, as I'm sure it would fit seamlessly into any eyebrow routine anyway.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I think I'm in the minority here. Bought this in brunette. PRO'S: doesn't dry out at quickly as Gimme Brow by Benefit, Small brush, keeps brows in place fairly well CON'S: too warm toned, I don't find it to really have the same "fiber" texture like gimme brow just more of a tinted gel. I won't be repurchasing even though this is cheaper, Gimme Brow is more accessible and gives a better result/color for the same exact hold.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Long lasting, easy and fast to apply, looks great. Would buy again and rec to friends. Love this stuff.

on 4/9/2017 4:15:00 AM

Hair: Other, Kinky, Medium

I'm torn on this product. Something about this brow gel is great! I've tried pencils before, and while they're nice, I'm just not the type of girl for a dark... shaped... intense brow; I'm more into the thick, full and natural brows. However... as much I wish, my brows aren't super thick. Somehow this product makes my brows look natural and thicker. It's just a good look! The only reason I took off one star is because this product is too expensive for the amount! If you use this once a day only Monday-Friday it will last you 2 months tops. I really couldn't understand how this could last longer than that for anyone unless they already have perfect brows and never actually use the product. I would repurchase, but only because it's just such a unique formula. This product was the first product to actually get me into doing my brows.

Hands down the best brow gel I have ever used. This grooms, fills in and provides hold to my long, untrimmed brows. I love how this beefs up my brows in between tinting them, and I like that it doesn't clump or get crunchy and stuff.

on 8/21/2016 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Meh. This may work great if you have full brows, but if you have any sparseness or gaps, forget it. I have Brown, which is a nice, natural, moderately pigmented, slightly warm shade, and the applicator is quite good, but the product just doesn't cut it for my brows. Trying to build it up doesn't work--it gets clumpy, like mascara. I think that the problem is as much my brows being inappropriate for this type of product than the product itself. I will nor repurchase.

Popular Brows Products