Glossier Boy Brow

Glossier Boy Brow
Boy BrowBoy Brow

4.2

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), Beeswax (Cera Alba), Butylene Glycol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Isostearic Acid, PVP, Dimethicone, Tromethamine, Oleic Acid, Silica, Polybutene, Lecithin, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Glyceryl Laurate, Sorbitan Laurate, Atelocollagen, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA

on 11/19/2017 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

First up this product is TINY, like a sample size, half the size of a regular mascara but costing £14. It was quite an insult to receive it to be honest. Having read the reviews I was expecting wonders for my sparse typically Chinese brows-the dark brow was a perfect colour for me but the product was so tricky to apply with what is essentially a mascara wand. I ended up with clumpy brows, and needed to brush through to smooth them out. It was also difficult to get any definition on the inner brows and I needed to touch up with my regular eyebrow pencil (Maybelline Brow Precise Micro Pencil £7.99). The product does stay but it hasn't really changed my world in the way I had expected. Perhaps if you have more brow to start with it would be great to enhance them but unfortunately it doesn't work for me.

on 9/17/2017 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have this one in black, and although this is exactly what I wanted from a brow gel: not too powerful, but enhancing your natural brow nicely, the packaging is VERY small to justift a repurchase. Think of the size as a sample size mascara. And since I have two put the wand into the tube 2-3 times for one application to get enough definition I think I will run out of this in a month or two. Will not repurchase

a little background: i don't prefer the super arched and super dense brows; if that's what you're looking for you're probably better off with the benefit gimme brow :-)
i like using this! at first the product is a little clumpy on the wand but that can be resolved very easily. the wand itself is small but can def brush through a lot of hairs so that's pretty neat.
i don't know how to describe it other than your brows looking better and real. on the days where my brows just don't know what to do this sets them back in place and life is all good. i do smear the product into my brows if i feel like they're just sitting on the hairs but that's really it.
i use black and sometimes it's a little cool toned? but it's not really noticeable, i promise!! (can't speak for other colors though)
no smell! that's it. totally worth buying if you don't pile the product on (again, it makes your brows look real). :-)

on 10/30/2016 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hands down, this is my holy grail brow product. My eyebrows are nowhere near full or dark and it's something I'm a bit self-conscious of. I always feel the need to fill in my brows before I leave the house to make myself feel a bit more confident, and I hate feeling that way. But I digress. It used to take brow powder, brow gel/pomade, and/or brow pencils to get my eyebrows how I want. Now I can just quickly swipe them with Glossier's Boy Brow and no lie, no exaggeration, it's all I need. Boy Brow yields a natural and full brow look for me. It amazes me how this product can volumize the crap out of my sparse brows without needing to use another product in conjunction with it. I have one con, but it's not severe enough for me to stop using this. I find that brush gets really clumpy during the first several uses. I always have to wipe off the excess product on the tube because if I don't then I'll overdo it and have to brush away the excess, which pretty much means I'm wasting product. All in all, I love it. I'm on my second tube and on my way to purchasing a third. I have black-brown hair and I use the color black.

on 10/12/2016 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This product is so great. Does not clump, but makes brows smooth and glossy. So easy to use. I am old, so really appreciate the ease of use.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I really tried to like this but they need to improve the applicator and formula. The wand picks up way too much product and it ends up being a goopy mess on your brows if you're not careful. The brown also has a reddish tint so you shouldn't get it if you're looking for more of an espresso color. I would buy this again if they changed the wand and formula so it isn't so messy to apply.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

It's good, with some reservations...

Pros- I like how small it is and it really is a good eyebrow finishing touch. I use it to emphasize my eyebrows after I fill them in as I find I often have patchiness in them with eyebrow pencil alone. I love how the tiny brush gets really in there.

Cons- If you're looking to only use one product, this isn't it unless you already have really nice brows... I usually use a eyebrow pencil first and then top it off with boy brow. Also the applicator gunks up all the time in certain spots and get all up in your hair and you gotta delicately comb it out (perhaps the space between the bristles needs to be a smidge farther inbetween, or the bristles need to be longer- idk something)

Etc- I love how it's a pomade and not a gel, my eyebrows feel natural and not crunchy. I'll probably bounce back and forth between this and the NYX brow gel... my loyalties haven't been decided yet.

I absolutely love everything from Glossier, and this is no exception. My brows are in the process of growing back, but still sparse in some areas. I was apprehensive at first to try this thinking it would be lke other brow "gels" but boy brow is totally different. It's more a mousse like texture so it fluffs up my brows. I wasn't sure which shade to get so I bought both the black and the brown. The black works perfect for me . I use the brown for a more natural look. My ONLY complaint with Glossier in general is that they are REALLY slow to restock items that are sold out. I have been waiting for the black to be back in stock for a couple months now. I am literally scraping the tube to get product, and if they don't restock it soon I will be forced to use something else ): Other than that I love it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

So this is my second review ever on MakeUpAlley, but this product is so fantastic that I felt compelled to post a review.

First of all- let me say that I have tried everything on the market when it comes to brow products- all different pencils, brow pens, waxes, powders, gels, dipbrow. I've even had hairstroke tattooing done. I have naturally thick brows but started waxing at a very young age, which lead to an obsession with picking at them. In any case, it's taken a lot of work to get them where they are now, but they're looking pretty good, with the exception of a few sparser areas that need filling in.

Here's where BoyBrow comes in. Holy BROW it makes my eyebrows look nice and thick and fluffy, but naturally so! The biggest problem I've had with eyebrow products is that it never looks natural- even if you do it like the pros, you can ALWAYS tell when a girl has filled in her brows with something. BUT, this isn't the case with BoyBrow. Up close or far away, it doesn't look like I've put anything in my brows, but they somehow miraculously look exactly how I've wanted them to look.

I am planning to stock up on this. HG HG HG