Glossier Boy Brow

Glossier Boy Brow
Boy BrowBoy Brow

3.9

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), Beeswax (Cera Alba), Butylene Glycol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Isostearic Acid, PVP, Dimethicone, Tromethamine, Oleic Acid, Silica, Polybutene, Lecithin, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Glyceryl Laurate, Sorbitan Laurate, Atelocollagen, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA

I've been using this for the past few weeks and I've become a huge fan. I've tried several of these tinted brow gels (Benefit, Essence, Ardell) and this is my favorite so far. For the most part, I find a lot of these brow gels to be similar but Boy Brow stands out to me because it actually has some hold. It's a bit thick so I do have to be careful when applying it, but once it's on I find that my brows stay in place all day. It gives me some extra thickness and makes me my brows looked groomed without looking filled in or "makeup-y". It's a bit pricey at $16 and I'm not sure how long a tube will last me, but it's still cheaper than the Benefit Gimme Brow so at least there's that. I just really love it. My brows take me 30 seconds now and I love that I don't have to layer another gel on top. I will definitely be repurchasing.

on 11/20/2018 7:51:00 PM

This stuff is impressive! Glossier is a company that definitely shines more in makeup than skincare. I enjoy their makeup offerings. So, I like my natural brows, I think they're nice, I've wanted to use brow products over the years just to amp the polish a bit and look a bit more put together, not draw on a whole new brow. Every product I've tried (pomades and pencils) has just looked too fake to me. If I took the time and really worked at it I could probably achieve a nice natural look, but I wanted something quick and easy. I didn't really have high hopes for Boy Brow, I got brown, and it immediately looked too dark coming out of the tube, but I worked a little into my brows and it blended nicely. At first I was a little freaked out, just because I'm used to wearing nothing, but a few hours later I looked in the mirror and thought "Wow, I look better than usual", and I realized it was the Boy Brow! I suppose there are other products like this on the market, but this is the first brow product in this style I've tried, and I give it a thumbs up. Only reason it gets four lippies is the packaging is tiny and it's rather expensive. Heads up, Glossier has incredible customer service and fast shipping. So if the Instagram brow trend isn't for you, check out this product! You can use this link for 10% off https://re.glossier.com/4ce30b14

Skin: Dry, Other, Neutral

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

I bought this in black and it did thicken up my brow hairs quite nicely. Doesn't make them crunchy or stiff feeling. But for the price, I'm underwhelmed. It didn't hold up my thick brow hairs at all. It didn't even last through the morning for me. I'll be returning this for sure.

on 9/25/2018 7:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I used to be a brow pencil kinda girl because I love the pigmentation it gives, but now I realise that it doesn't always look the most natural and I've since graduated to brow gels and mascaras. Needless to say, I've tried quite a few of these sorts of products. So how does Boy Brow compare?

Pigmentation wise, this is pretty similar to the Essence brow gel... which is a fraction of the price and is more widely available worldwide tbh. And in my experience, these two brow gels are actually not very pigmented compared to say, the NYX cosmetics' brow mascara. I see a lot of people using a brow pencil before this brow gel, and I don't blame them because the pigmentation isn't the most opaque.

But it sure holds my brows in place though! On days I'm after the whole brushed up brows look, Boy Brow holds them up for a good few hours. Better than any of the brow gels/mascaras I've tried! The other ones I've tried are either too watery and thin to have any hold at all, or too thick that they weigh my eyebrows down straight away. Boy Brow, on the other hand, is watery but also waxy at the same time so it holds my brows in place nicely. And the individual strands of my brow hairs are quite thick too.

Will I get it again? Tbh, not sure because I don't really care for a brow gel that holds in place because I just want to fill in some of the sparse areas in my eyebrows and I prefer something pigmented for that. I'd rather just get the Essence one in this case because they look the same on my eyebrows in terms of how it fills in the sparse bits. For what this product is, it does a good job imo. But for something that doesn't even ship to my country, for me it's not worth something to go through heaven and hell just to get to when I can get something else 10 minutes from my house that looks similar to what Boy Brow gives me. I might try the clear version out of curiosity, but not because I think the product is particularly mindblowing for me. If you're looking for a product that holds eyebrow hairs in place though, in my experience this has been great! I just don't care for that personally.

on 9/23/2018 6:39:00 PM

Really like this for a natural look, which I am sporting most of the time these days. Makes my already pretty full brows look polished and helps keep them in the shape I want. Definitely way too small of a tube for 16 dollars, though. I use this in blonde, and I agree that it is a touch too warm for brows, but it’s not really noticeable once applied. The packaging is a little messy and the spoolie tends to pick up gunk, but I suppose that’s unavoidable for having a spoolie applicator. I will probably continue to purchase this just to get free shipping from glossier, but I’m sure there are many similar products out there that can get the job done with a better bang for your buck. I’m happy enough with it now to keep me from straying.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I should preface this review by stating that my eyebrows are already full and I am a spoiled brat in the brow department. Somehow I still bought this product and expected it to change my entire life!!! and surprisingly enough, it didn’t. Ok, so I bought this in clear. It’s really an ok product by any means. It does not make my eyebrows really dry, sticky or rock hard. It does not move the colour I’ve used to fill in my brows (which is a big plus). The downside is: the tube is small, the wand grabs too much product, the hold is not quite strong enough and it does not provide sufficient separation. However, I bet it would work better (even great) for someone with finer eyebrows.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I fell for the hype and so glad I did! I use the shade blonde and it's the perfect color for my natural blonde hair (perfect neutral blonde). I've seen this compared to Essence Make Me Brow but IMO this product is MUCH better. It sets eyebrow hairs nicely without being crunchy, adds good tint, and a little bit of volume. After using it for 2 months, I was disappointed bc it dried out super fast. Luckily, I read somewhere about removing that rubber stopper and once I did there was a ton product left! I stretched one tube for ~5months with everyday use! Already repurchased my 2nd tube!

I am a huge fan of glossier products! This one is definetely one of my favorites! I have in the color blonde (which probably is not perfect for blondies as it is kind of dark, I have a dark blonde colored hair). My brows look fuller and better, and stays all day!

on 7/17/2018 4:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm in love with this product! I get fuller brows in great color (brown) in a quick and simple application.

I'm almost done with my first tube of Boy Brow and I will definitely order again. This does a wonderful job of making my brows look fuller. Great price for the value of the product.

Popular Brows Products