Glossier Boy Brow

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Glossier Boy Brow
Boy BrowBoy Brow

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), Beeswax (Cera Alba), Butylene Glycol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Isostearic Acid, PVP, Dimethicone, Tromethamine, Oleic Acid, Silica, Polybutene, Lecithin, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Glyceryl Laurate, Sorbitan Laurate, Atelocollagen, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA

on 11/10/2017 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This stuff is impressive! Glossier is a company that definitely shines more in makeup than skincare. I enjoy their makeup offerings. So, I like my natural brows, I think they're nice, I've wanted to use brow products over the years just to amp the polish a bit and look a bit more put together, not draw on a whole new brow. Every product I've tried (pomades and pencils) has just looked too fake to me. If I took the time and really worked at it I could probably achieve a nice natural look, but I wanted something quick and easy. I didn't really have high hopes for Boy Brow, I got brown, and it immediately looked too dark coming out of the tube, but I worked a little into my brows and it blended nicely. At first I was a little freaked out, just because I'm used to wearing nothing, but a few hours later I looked in the mirror and thought "Wow, I look better than usual", and I realized it was the Boy Brow! I suppose there are other products like this on the market, but this is the first brow product in this style I've tried, and I give it a thumbs up. Only reason it gets four lippies is the packaging is tiny and it's rather expensive. Heads up, Glossier has incredible customer service and fast shipping. So if the Instagram brow trend isn't for you, check out this product!

on 8/13/2017 6:13:00 PM

So... you did it, Glossier. And it wasn't even your clever online marketing strategy — it's your product quality.

Yep. Believe the hype. This little thing came in the mail today. I was truly skeptical but a few quick brushes of the wand and my eyebrows looked fuller, darker and generally nicer: with very Very little effort. It's basically mascara for your eyebrows, but the thickening kind as opposed to elongating the hairs.

Glossier totes itself as a quick natural-looking makeup line for people who don't want to fuss with too long of a makeup routine (or simply don't possess the talent to do proper makeup application and make it look good like *me*) and I honestly don't think I'll be using a pencil or any powder on my eyebrows anymore because this product does the job. I can't speak to it irritating skin into break-outs as I'm currently on Accutane, but I haven't noticed any irritation and my skin gets red quite easily. I used to use the Hourglass pencil but it's just... an expensive pencil, and wasn't very forgiving if you overdid it. It wasn't terrible but my eyebrows would look sort of painted in my opinion. Plus, the price tag was heinous.

Anyway, back to boy brow — I think it's the perfect eyebrow product for those of us who enjoy thicker brows without the hassle of walking the fine line between "luscious" and "unnatural". I'd give it a try if you're curious, as I'm sure it would fit seamlessly into any eyebrow routine anyway.

on 7/25/2017 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Just OK really. I think the Benefit Gimme Brow works better--both the formula and the brush. It's also cheaper, lasts longer, is easier to find, and has a wider color range (at least, when I bought Boy Brow that was the case).

I found Boy Brow's brush a bit awkward to use. It was just a tad too short and tended to hold too much product. I sometimes had to remove the first "swipe" and re-do. I liked Boy Brow but didn't love it.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I think I'm in the minority here. Bought this in brunette. PRO'S: doesn't dry out at quickly as Gimme Brow by Benefit, Small brush, keeps brows in place fairly well CON'S: too warm toned, I don't find it to really have the same "fiber" texture like gimme brow just more of a tinted gel. I won't be repurchasing even though this is cheaper, Gimme Brow is more accessible and gives a better result/color for the same exact hold.

I LOVE THIS. On those weeks where i've had my brows done, this is the only product I put on my brows. It makes my eyebrows just slightly darker and it doesn't chip off ugly on my eyebrows. I like using the black version the most because I'm asian with dark hair but I've also used the brown ver and it looks pretty much the same. I will say that it runs out pretty easily and it's really expensive for its size in my opinion. Still would re-buy though! I like how it doesn't add fibres to my eyebrows like the gimme brow by Benefit does so it's really natural and I appreciate that.

on 2/26/2017 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Got this in black. I have very oily sensitive skin and this boy brow works just fine. Little goes a long way. Do not fade, budge or anything it just stay where it is all day. Im impressed. However, price is a bit too high for only 0.11oz product you got.

on 12/23/2016 10:15:00 AM

So first things first, this tiny tube came in a GIANT box stuffed with the pink Glossier bubble pouch, a product sample, stickers, and a poster (why? what would anyone do with a poster?) in addition to the actual product. Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather have lower prices (or a larger tube) than all this shiz...though my daughter enjoyed decorating her toy farm with Glossier stickers.

Aside from that, I do like Boy Brow. Probably more so than most other brow products I've tried. I have full, dark brows that just need a little grooming and taming, so my needs aren't that serious. I also prefer a more natural looking brow. I got the Black shade. This has a thick waxy texture that's not too waxy, goopy, or slippery. The brush is the perfect tiny shape. It wrangles my brows into place all day with minimal effort. I'd say it does add some fullness, but the biggest benefit for me is that all day hold with no crispy texture or weird shine. The Black is indeed a nice soft black with no warm tones (glorious) - the possiblity to go overboard full on Groucho Marx is there but I think the Medium would've been too light. I just make sure to wipe off the excess before applying.

Biggest pros: actual all day hold, easy application, good shade, soft & natural looking
Biggest cons: price, size

The price wouldn't bother me so much if there weren't so much visual evidence as to where my money is actually going...the product itself is pretty great though, and I will most likely repurchase.

on 12/6/2016 8:30:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Just did a review for the Skin Tint, where I said that 2 Glossier products have now become part of my 3 to 4- product almost-no-makeup face. I've done what I could to let my over-plucked brows grow out (Shiseido serum and hiding my tweezers) but they're kind of light now, as I'm going gray. I've always been a brow person, and when I was younger and into more dramatic looks I didn't care if it showed; now I want a natural, but still strong effect. This works, it adds definition and matte volume to every hair. I started with the black (I have dark brown hair with some gray) and it was fine, but I just got the brown and I think it's better for me. The brown is not at all reddish--very important! If I'm feeling special I add a little black over the brown for depth. I also use this on my lashes after curling them and it's just right. Not complaining about the price or the size--you don't need much, it's doing the work of 2 products, and it gives me the full, defined, but natural looking brows I want. Lasts all day, comes off easily, love.

on 10/1/2016 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

I definitely bought into the hype on this one, and sadly, the product didn't live up to it. I sort of expected it to replace the need for pencil or powder (let's be honest, like with all their products, they made it seem like Boy Brow is all you need to groom your brows, providing color and hold), but unless you have relatively full and/or dense brows to begin with, you'll need more help than Boy Brow can give you. I still need to go in with my pencil to fill in sparse spots.

I also think the packaging is awful. The brush holds faaaaar too much product! I spend too much time scraping the excess off to only end up so underwhelmed by what it does for my brows. I don't have patience for it.

My brows are dark to begin with, so I can't speak much to the tint. The product does seem to thicken up the tails of my brows where they thin out a bit. I enjoy the texture, it doesn't feel dry or stiff, nor does it flake over time.

Overall, it's an extra step in my makeup routine with underwhelming results, so I tend to skip it altogether. Which makes me a little mad, because I paid good money for that tiny tube.

on 9/20/2016 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my HG eyebrow product. I'll never go back to Benefit or Anastasia again.

It LASTS AND LASTS. I have greasy skin and makeup never stays on my skin for more than a few hours. This stuff legitimately lasts for 16 hours. Doesn't smear, either.

It's kind of waxy, which I like, because it holds hairs in place.

Other eyebrow products have often made me break out in the eyebrows area (I have super acne-prone skin). I don't notice an increase in breakouts with this product.

Rest of Glossier's products are super underwhelming and seemingly basic, so this was a pleasant surprise.

Not much else to say here—I just love it and see no reason to continue searching for the perfect brow product. Seriously, it lasts sooooo long.

Popular Brows Products