Glossier Boy Brow

Glossier Boy Brow
Boy BrowBoy Brow

3.9

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), Beeswax (Cera Alba), Butylene Glycol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Isostearic Acid, PVP, Dimethicone, Tromethamine, Oleic Acid, Silica, Polybutene, Lecithin, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Glyceryl Laurate, Sorbitan Laurate, Atelocollagen, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA

on 7/17/2018 4:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm in love with this product! I get fuller brows in great color (brown) in a quick and simple application.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I ordered this in June and have maybe used it 5 times. It took forever to ship to me and I had been so excited to try it. It’s a really small tube, however, the price just doesn’t justify it. The brush picks up way too much product and the gel itself doesn’t have the greatest hold. I’m disappointed that I wasted money on this.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have relatively full brows that already are shaped so I prefer brow mascaras that quickly fill in any sparse spots. This is a decent product, it actually uses more product than I expected from Glossier so on me it can look a little blocky so I have to use a spoolie to even it out and it holds my brows in place. If you're needing some detailed work this won't be enough for you and you'll need a brow pencil or pomade.

That being said I don't feel this is worth the hype. I have been using Nyx brow mascara and they are literally the exact same product except Nyx is half the price and double the size so I will continue to use that from now on.

on 5/16/2018 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Following all the rave reviews, I really badly wanted to love this product. And I do love it - it really does do exactly what it says in the blurb, and the result looks great. It gives a tidy, natural look with virtually no effort. It's a bit pricey for the amount you get, but it really does work.

Unfortunately for me, it turns out that I'm highly sensitive to one of its components. From the first time I used it, it has made me itch like crazy - even more so when my skin gets very warm. So very sadly, it's back to my old brow pencil for now. Great product, but not for me. :(

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have this in Brown. I honestly don't know why this is so hyped up. I read everywhere that it's a game changer, so I bought it. I have weird eyebrows, as they're kind of sparse when they're trimmed, but very thick. This doesn't really help both cases. It doesn't add much fluff, I still need to use a pencil to fill them in. It doesn't tame them either- kinda combs some of them, but it doesn't hold other ones in place. I really didn't see any change and I don't really need it, I think. It's also too light for brown eyebrows, as it has a weird white base. Won't repurchase, I like the Eyeko Brow Gel better.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I love this! It's an easy one step process that fills out your brows beautifully. My favourite party is it looks very natural.

on 12/22/2017 11:59:00 AM

I rebelled against the silly name for a long time. But I finally tried it, and the product is so good. Just right in terms of texture, color and natural hold without stiffness. I had been using a Sephora brow crayon plus a little Anastasia pencil, but any time I can ditch two products for one that does it better, I'm happy. Blonde is my color. If a blob comes out, its easy to blend it in. (I agree that it's a bit expensive for not much product, though.)

on 11/10/2017 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This stuff is impressive! Glossier is a company that definitely shines more in makeup than skincare. I enjoy their makeup offerings. So, I like my natural brows, I think they're nice, I've wanted to use brow products over the years just to amp the polish a bit and look a bit more put together, not draw on a whole new brow. Every product I've tried (pomades and pencils) has just looked too fake to me. If I took the time and really worked at it I could probably achieve a nice natural look, but I wanted something quick and easy. I didn't really have high hopes for Boy Brow, I got brown, and it immediately looked too dark coming out of the tube, but I worked a little into my brows and it blended nicely. At first I was a little freaked out, just because I'm used to wearing nothing, but a few hours later I looked in the mirror and thought "Wow, I look better than usual", and I realized it was the Boy Brow! I suppose there are other products like this on the market, but this is the first brow product in this style I've tried, and I give it a thumbs up. Only reason it gets four lippies is the packaging is tiny and it's rather expensive. Heads up, Glossier has incredible customer service and fast shipping. So if the Instagram brow trend isn't for you, check out this product!

on 8/13/2017 6:13:00 PM

So... you did it, Glossier. And it wasn't even your clever online marketing strategy — it's your product quality.

Yep. Believe the hype. This little thing came in the mail today. I was truly skeptical but a few quick brushes of the wand and my eyebrows looked fuller, darker and generally nicer: with very Very little effort. It's basically mascara for your eyebrows, but the thickening kind as opposed to elongating the hairs.

Glossier totes itself as a quick natural-looking makeup line for people who don't want to fuss with too long of a makeup routine (or simply don't possess the talent to do proper makeup application and make it look good like *me*) and I honestly don't think I'll be using a pencil or any powder on my eyebrows anymore because this product does the job. I can't speak to it irritating skin into break-outs as I'm currently on Accutane, but I haven't noticed any irritation and my skin gets red quite easily. I used to use the Hourglass pencil but it's just... an expensive pencil, and wasn't very forgiving if you overdid it. It wasn't terrible but my eyebrows would look sort of painted in my opinion. Plus, the price tag was heinous.

Anyway, back to boy brow — I think it's the perfect eyebrow product for those of us who enjoy thicker brows without the hassle of walking the fine line between "luscious" and "unnatural". I'd give it a try if you're curious, as I'm sure it would fit seamlessly into any eyebrow routine anyway.

on 7/25/2017 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Just OK really. I think the Benefit Gimme Brow works better--both the formula and the brush. It's also cheaper, lasts longer, is easier to find, and has a wider color range (at least, when I bought Boy Brow that was the case).

I found Boy Brow's brush a bit awkward to use. It was just a tad too short and tended to hold too much product. I sometimes had to remove the first "swipe" and re-do. I liked Boy Brow but didn't love it.

Popular Brows Products