Glossier Boy Brow

Glossier Boy Brow
Boy BrowBoy Brow

3.6

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), Beeswax (Cera Alba), Butylene Glycol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Isostearic Acid, PVP, Dimethicone, Tromethamine, Oleic Acid, Silica, Polybutene, Lecithin, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Glyceryl Laurate, Sorbitan Laurate, Atelocollagen, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA

on 4/24/2018 7:00:00 PM

It adds a bit of color and holds my brow hairs in place i have this in brown and i have dark almost black asian hair. This is a really good brow gel its very natural

on 4/1/2018 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Boy Brow is aight. I've never used a brow gel product before, but it's aight. No wows or gasps of astonishment here.

When I opened the box, I was irked at how small the tube was. Like everyone else says, the size is reminiscent of a deluxe sampler. (Good thing I bought this in a 2-for deal with Haloscope.) My natural brows already are fluffy and thick, Boy Brow just filled in the sparse areas and gave them shape - while still keeping them natural-looking. They definitely hit the "no makeup makeup" aesthetic on the nail.

on 3/15/2018 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

$16.00 for 0.11 oz.

I had no idea this would be so small. It looks like a sample from Sephora. I got the color blonde. Don't expect this to fill in your brows or hold them in place all that well either. The color was ok, not dark or red like some blonde colors but I considered it a total waste of money. Essence Make Me Brow in Blondy Brows is just as good if not better and it is $2.99 for .13 oz. This doesn't thicken mine or fill them in anymore than the Essence does, but it does hold them in place a little, and just barely a little better But surely not 13.00 more better. If you want more hold just get Maybelline Great Lash Clear Mascara or splurge on ABH clear gel, but i don't think there is much difference and Maybelline is only around 5.00 vs. 22.00 for ABH.

on 11/25/2017 1:44:00 AM

I love this stuff! I'm quite lazy when it comes to brows and I can just swipe and go with this stuff. The blonde shade is perfect for me. I have lighter brows with some sparse areas and this stuff colors and fluffs my brows into looking normal. Packaging is basic. Can get kinda gunky at the opening. I already have a backup replacement.

on 8/22/2017 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Overall result was fine but I eventually figured out it was clogging my pores and giving me acne. I will go back to Benefit's Gimme Brow, which has a drier texture and is more subtle and natural. Boy Brow is wetter with stronger color, so better for a more noticeable or dramatic look but be careful if you have acne-prone skin.

on 6/14/2017 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I like this a lot, but I don't love it as much as other people seem to. I don't get either the 'feathery' look or a 'bulky' look to my brows. For me, its a tinted brow gel pretty much like other tinted brow gels except I like the small applicator of the product. Product claims to be "all-in-one brow fluffer, filler, and shaper" but I find it only does 2/3 of what its supposed to. But it does those two things well so I'm giving it a 4.

Pro:
Small applicator head allows control when using
Holds my brows sufficiently (so fulfils grooming claim of product)
Colour (brown) works to add some definition without necessarily having to add powder or pencil. (fulfuls 'filling in' claim of product)

Con:
Not readily available and when buying online it was quite expensive for me in Aus ($40). I know this isn't applicable for those who have access to glossier but its a con for me.
I don't get any 'boy brows'. It doesn't thicken my brows unless I put multiple coats on but then it looks unnatural rather than feathery/fluffy and full.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Long lasting, easy and fast to apply, looks great. Would buy again and rec to friends. Love this stuff.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Another Glossier product I wanted to love.

There was a lot of hype around this product so I finally caved and purchased this in black. I love that the tube is so tiny and that the brush is also very tiny. I have sparse brows and need to fill them in everyday. This is great for holding the hairs in place for me—like a hair gel. It was horrible for filling in my brows hence 3 stars.

The coloring was right and the product itself I liked. When you applied it, looks like little hairs and after it dries, it does not budge (pros and cons here). However, I cannot use this by itself. It makes my brows look even sparser than is because it cannot fill in where the hair does not grow.

I find that if I combine this w/ my NYX Brow Pencil, they make the perfect duo. NYX helps me to shape and fill in extremely sparse areas. Then going over my brows with this gives it a bushier/fuller look without looking too unnatural.

With that being said, for $16, will not purchase again. I can get by just fine using NYX and Clio Tinted Kill Brows—both cheaper than Boy Brow combined.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This brow gel is awesome because it has tiny fibers in it that make your brows look thick but not crunchy or gloopy. I have thin dark brows and dark brown hair and I was worried that the darkest black shade would be too dark but it's not, it makes great. The brush on this is tiny and it makes it easy to get that feathered look. This is probably my favorite glossier product but I will say it's a tiny tiny little tube for the price of 18 dollars.

To see how this product works on SUPER sparse brows/acne prone skin, see my demo

on 10/30/2016 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hands down, this is my holy grail brow product. My eyebrows are nowhere near full or dark and it's something I'm a bit self-conscious of. I always feel the need to fill in my brows before I leave the house to make myself feel a bit more confident, and I hate feeling that way. But I digress. It used to take brow powder, brow gel/pomade, and/or brow pencils to get my eyebrows how I want. Now I can just quickly swipe them with Glossier's Boy Brow and no lie, no exaggeration, it's all I need. Boy Brow yields a natural and full brow look for me. It amazes me how this product can volumize the crap out of my sparse brows without needing to use another product in conjunction with it. I have one con, but it's not severe enough for me to stop using this. I find that brush gets really clumpy during the first several uses. I always have to wipe off the excess product on the tube because if I don't then I'll overdo it and have to brush away the excess, which pretty much means I'm wasting product. All in all, I love it. I'm on my second tube and on my way to purchasing a third. I have black-brown hair and I use the color black.

Popular Brows Products