Glossier Boy Brow

Glossier Boy Brow
Boy BrowBoy Brow

3.5

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), Beeswax (Cera Alba), Butylene Glycol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Isostearic Acid, PVP, Dimethicone, Tromethamine, Oleic Acid, Silica, Polybutene, Lecithin, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Glyceryl Laurate, Sorbitan Laurate, Atelocollagen, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA

on 9/25/2018 7:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I used to be a brow pencil kinda girl because I love the pigmentation it gives, but now I realise that it doesn't always look the most natural and I've since graduated to brow gels and mascaras. Needless to say, I've tried quite a few of these sorts of products. So how does Boy Brow compare?

Pigmentation wise, this is pretty similar to the Essence brow gel... which is a fraction of the price and is more widely available worldwide tbh. And in my experience, these two brow gels are actually not very pigmented compared to say, the NYX cosmetics' brow mascara. I see a lot of people using a brow pencil before this brow gel, and I don't blame them because the pigmentation isn't the most opaque.

But it sure holds my brows in place though! On days I'm after the whole brushed up brows look, Boy Brow holds them up for a good few hours. Better than any of the brow gels/mascaras I've tried! The other ones I've tried are either too watery and thin to have any hold at all, or too thick that they weigh my eyebrows down straight away. Boy Brow, on the other hand, is watery but also waxy at the same time so it holds my brows in place nicely. And the individual strands of my brow hairs are quite thick too.

Will I get it again? Tbh, not sure because I don't really care for a brow gel that holds in place because I just want to fill in some of the sparse areas in my eyebrows and I prefer something pigmented for that. I'd rather just get the Essence one in this case because they look the same on my eyebrows in terms of how it fills in the sparse bits. For what this product is, it does a good job imo. But for something that doesn't even ship to my country, for me it's not worth something to go through heaven and hell just to get to when I can get something else 10 minutes from my house that looks similar to what Boy Brow gives me. I might try the clear version out of curiosity, but not because I think the product is particularly mindblowing for me. If you're looking for a product that holds eyebrow hairs in place though, in my experience this has been great! I just don't care for that personally.

on 9/23/2018 6:39:00 PM

Really like this for a natural look, which I am sporting most of the time these days. Makes my already pretty full brows look polished and helps keep them in the shape I want. Definitely way too small of a tube for 16 dollars, though. I use this in blonde, and I agree that it is a touch too warm for brows, but it’s not really noticeable once applied. The packaging is a little messy and the spoolie tends to pick up gunk, but I suppose that’s unavoidable for having a spoolie applicator. I will probably continue to purchase this just to get free shipping from glossier, but I’m sure there are many similar products out there that can get the job done with a better bang for your buck. I’m happy enough with it now to keep me from straying.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I should preface this review by stating that my eyebrows are already full and I am a spoiled brat in the brow department. Somehow I still bought this product and expected it to change my entire life!!! and surprisingly enough, it didn’t. Ok, so I bought this in clear. It’s really an ok product by any means. It does not make my eyebrows really dry, sticky or rock hard. It does not move the colour I’ve used to fill in my brows (which is a big plus). The downside is: the tube is small, the wand grabs too much product, the hold is not quite strong enough and it does not provide sufficient separation. However, I bet it would work better (even great) for someone with finer eyebrows.

on 4/24/2018 7:00:00 PM

It adds a bit of color and holds my brow hairs in place i have this in brown and i have dark almost black asian hair. This is a really good brow gel its very natural

edit- colourpop brow boss clear gel is cheaper and does the same thing. without color though but i now fill in my brows so i no longer will purchase this one. its too expensive for what it is. colourpop is pretty much the same without the brow tint

on 4/1/2018 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Boy Brow is aight. I've never used a brow gel product before, but it's aight. No wows or gasps of astonishment here.

When I opened the box, I was irked at how small the tube was. Like everyone else says, the size is reminiscent of a deluxe sampler. (Good thing I bought this in a 2-for deal with Haloscope.) My natural brows already are fluffy and thick, Boy Brow just filled in the sparse areas and gave them shape - while still keeping them natural-looking. They definitely hit the "no makeup makeup" aesthetic on the nail.

on 3/15/2018 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

$16.00 for 0.11 oz.

I had no idea this would be so small. It looks like a sample from Sephora. I got the color blonde. Don't expect this to fill in your brows or hold them in place all that well either. The color was ok, not dark or red like some blonde colors but I considered it a total waste of money. Essence Make Me Brow in Blondy Brows is just as good if not better and it is $2.99 for .13 oz. This doesn't thicken mine or fill them in anymore than the Essence does, but it does hold them in place a little, and just barely a little better But surely not 13.00 more better. If you want more hold just get Maybelline Great Lash Clear Mascara or splurge on ABH clear gel, but i don't think there is much difference and Maybelline is only around 5.00 vs. 22.00 for ABH.

on 11/25/2017 1:44:00 AM

I love this stuff! I'm quite lazy when it comes to brows and I can just swipe and go with this stuff. The blonde shade is perfect for me. I have lighter brows with some sparse areas and this stuff colors and fluffs my brows into looking normal. Packaging is basic. Can get kinda gunky at the opening. I already have a backup replacement.

on 8/22/2017 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Overall result was fine but I eventually figured out it was clogging my pores and giving me acne. I will go back to Benefit's Gimme Brow, which has a drier texture and is more subtle and natural. Boy Brow is wetter with stronger color, so better for a more noticeable or dramatic look but be careful if you have acne-prone skin.

on 6/14/2017 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I like this a lot, but I don't love it as much as other people seem to. I don't get either the 'feathery' look or a 'bulky' look to my brows. For me, its a tinted brow gel pretty much like other tinted brow gels except I like the small applicator of the product. Product claims to be "all-in-one brow fluffer, filler, and shaper" but I find it only does 2/3 of what its supposed to. But it does those two things well so I'm giving it a 4.

Pro:
Small applicator head allows control when using
Holds my brows sufficiently (so fulfils grooming claim of product)
Colour (brown) works to add some definition without necessarily having to add powder or pencil. (fulfuls 'filling in' claim of product)

Con:
Not readily available and when buying online it was quite expensive for me in Aus ($40). I know this isn't applicable for those who have access to glossier but its a con for me.
I don't get any 'boy brows'. It doesn't thicken my brows unless I put multiple coats on but then it looks unnatural rather than feathery/fluffy and full.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Long lasting, easy and fast to apply, looks great. Would buy again and rec to friends. Love this stuff.

Popular Brows Products