Glossier Boy Brow

Glossier Boy Brow
Boy BrowBoy Brow

3.7

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), Beeswax (Cera Alba), Butylene Glycol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Isostearic Acid, PVP, Dimethicone, Tromethamine, Oleic Acid, Silica, Polybutene, Lecithin, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Glyceryl Laurate, Sorbitan Laurate, Atelocollagen, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA

on 11/25/2017 1:44:00 AM

I love this stuff! I'm quite lazy when it comes to brows and I can just swipe and go with this stuff. The blonde shade is perfect for me. I have lighter brows with some sparse areas and this stuff colors and fluffs my brows into looking normal. Packaging is basic. Can get kinda gunky at the opening. I already have a backup replacement.

on 8/22/2017 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Overall result was fine but I eventually figured out it was clogging my pores and giving me acne. I will go back to Benefit's Gimme Brow, which has a drier texture and is more subtle and natural. Boy Brow is wetter with stronger color, so better for a more noticeable or dramatic look but be careful if you have acne-prone skin.

on 6/14/2017 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I like this a lot, but I don't love it as much as other people seem to. I don't get either the 'feathery' look or a 'bulky' look to my brows. For me, its a tinted brow gel pretty much like other tinted brow gels except I like the small applicator of the product. Product claims to be "all-in-one brow fluffer, filler, and shaper" but I find it only does 2/3 of what its supposed to. But it does those two things well so I'm giving it a 4.

Pro:
Small applicator head allows control when using
Holds my brows sufficiently (so fulfils grooming claim of product)
Colour (brown) works to add some definition without necessarily having to add powder or pencil. (fulfuls 'filling in' claim of product)

Con:
Not readily available and when buying online it was quite expensive for me in Aus ($40). I know this isn't applicable for those who have access to glossier but its a con for me.
I don't get any 'boy brows'. It doesn't thicken my brows unless I put multiple coats on but then it looks unnatural rather than feathery/fluffy and full.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Long lasting, easy and fast to apply, looks great. Would buy again and rec to friends. Love this stuff.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Another Glossier product I wanted to love.

There was a lot of hype around this product so I finally caved and purchased this in black. I love that the tube is so tiny and that the brush is also very tiny. I have sparse brows and need to fill them in everyday. This is great for holding the hairs in place for me—like a hair gel. It was horrible for filling in my brows hence 3 stars.

The coloring was right and the product itself I liked. When you applied it, looks like little hairs and after it dries, it does not budge (pros and cons here). However, I cannot use this by itself. It makes my brows look even sparser than is because it cannot fill in where the hair does not grow.

I find that if I combine this w/ my NYX Brow Pencil, they make the perfect duo. NYX helps me to shape and fill in extremely sparse areas. Then going over my brows with this gives it a bushier/fuller look without looking too unnatural.

With that being said, for $16, will not purchase again. I can get by just fine using NYX and Clio Tinted Kill Brows—both cheaper than Boy Brow combined.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This brow gel is awesome because it has tiny fibers in it that make your brows look thick but not crunchy or gloopy. I have thin dark brows and dark brown hair and I was worried that the darkest black shade would be too dark but it's not, it makes great. The brush on this is tiny and it makes it easy to get that feathered look. This is probably my favorite glossier product but I will say it's a tiny tiny little tube for the price of 18 dollars.

To see how this product works on SUPER sparse brows/acne prone skin, see my demo

on 10/30/2016 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hands down, this is my holy grail brow product. My eyebrows are nowhere near full or dark and it's something I'm a bit self-conscious of. I always feel the need to fill in my brows before I leave the house to make myself feel a bit more confident, and I hate feeling that way. But I digress. It used to take brow powder, brow gel/pomade, and/or brow pencils to get my eyebrows how I want. Now I can just quickly swipe them with Glossier's Boy Brow and no lie, no exaggeration, it's all I need. Boy Brow yields a natural and full brow look for me. It amazes me how this product can volumize the crap out of my sparse brows without needing to use another product in conjunction with it. I have one con, but it's not severe enough for me to stop using this. I find that brush gets really clumpy during the first several uses. I always have to wipe off the excess product on the tube because if I don't then I'll overdo it and have to brush away the excess, which pretty much means I'm wasting product. All in all, I love it. I'm on my second tube and on my way to purchasing a third. I have black-brown hair and I use the color black.

on 10/6/2016 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

Great price and perfect packaging but not a huge fan of the results. To be fair, I've never filled my eyebrows in before this product. But I think it looks a pinch too artificial and dark. I think it's silly they advertise this as shaping AND filling in at the same time. Great for filling, but you'll definitely have to go back through with your trusty eyebrow brush to blend the lines out.

on 9/24/2016 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Does not work well on thin sparse brows. I will stick with pencil...

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I've been looking for a natural looking, your-brows-but-better product for a while. My brows are blonde and straight and I don't think the current style of gel/pencil/concealer brow products look particularly good on me. I picked the blond shade and am happy that it adds the right amount of color and volume to my brows to look polished and defined. The brush on the wand was better than I expected. It takes a while to set, but once it's dried your brows don't feel crunchy, but still has a decent amount of hold. Thankfully the formula also hasn't caused awkward eyebrow breakouts that the waxes in other brow products have caused for me.

The downside is I think the packaging is pretty meh looking and it's very tiny - it's slightly longer than my index finger and about as wide as my pinky. The price point is better than products like Benefit though, which is $24 for .1 oz versus Glossier's .11 oz for $16.

Popular Brows Products