Glossier Boy Brow

Filtered by hair type : Other
Glossier Boy Brow
Boy BrowBoy Brow

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), Beeswax (Cera Alba), Butylene Glycol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Isostearic Acid, PVP, Dimethicone, Tromethamine, Oleic Acid, Silica, Polybutene, Lecithin, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Glyceryl Laurate, Sorbitan Laurate, Atelocollagen, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA

Skin: Dry, Other, Neutral

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

I bought this in black and it did thicken up my brow hairs quite nicely. Doesn't make them crunchy or stiff feeling. But for the price, I'm underwhelmed. It didn't hold up my thick brow hairs at all. It didn't even last through the morning for me. I'll be returning this for sure.

I'm almost done with my first tube of Boy Brow and I will definitely order again. This does a wonderful job of making my brows look fuller. Great price for the value of the product.

on 7/9/2018 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

*update- I bumped this up a lippie because it holds up so well in high heat and humidity. Even if I'm sweating this doesnt smudge or disappear. Still not a do or die product for me but a good option in the summer.

This is a decent product the brown shade is a decent neutral tone and it does give good definition and hold to my brows. I love the tiny brush too. But let's get real,
this product is priced at more than $5/gram at 3g per tube. That's the same amount as a travel sized BTS mascara which is $4 cheaper. I expect this to last a month. I had a good coupon code so I bought 2 but I wouldn't buy this full priced. I have sparser brows so I still need to fill bare spots and this does nothing for that so it doesn't really speed up my mornings. I'd buy it again on sale but it's not a do or die item in my routine. Someone with fuller brows may get more out of it..

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ah I love this product! It is hand's down the best eyebrow product in terms of holding my brows in place all day AND making them look thicker. This product makes your brows look so thick ahh i love it so much. I will say though, this product doesn't make it look like it creates hair.. so be sure to use a powder or pencil on the sparse spots :)

on 7/23/2017 7:13:00 AM

I got this as a gift from my friend, and it really looked so great, BUT two days after, I suffered from the worst and most unusual breakout ALL OVER MY FOREHEAD, which is normally pimple free. It stretched all the way from my brows to the edges of my hairline, and it was nothing like I've had before (painful, big, red, and everywhere). I was trying to figure out the cause of it but didn't suspect Boy Brow, though I stopped using it in the meantime. The breakout started to cool down within a week and I thought I was saved - right up until I tried Boy Brow a second time, and within a couple of days, breakout #2 started.

Might not be the best scientific experiment, but I really wouldn't want to test this hypothesis a third time :( Seems to work great for my friend though!! So if you guys are lucky, this product is GREAT (it looks natural, is very easy to use, and honestly creates volume). But for those who may have sensitive skin, save yourselves the agony!!!! (Honestly, my skin is at an all time low in my 23 years of life).

a little background: i don't prefer the super arched and super dense brows; if that's what you're looking for you're probably better off with the benefit gimme brow :-)
i like using this! at first the product is a little clumpy on the wand but that can be resolved very easily. the wand itself is small but can def brush through a lot of hairs so that's pretty neat.
i don't know how to describe it other than your brows looking better and real. on the days where my brows just don't know what to do this sets them back in place and life is all good. i do smear the product into my brows if i feel like they're just sitting on the hairs but that's really it.
i use black and sometimes it's a little cool toned? but it's not really noticeable, i promise!! (can't speak for other colors though)
no smell! that's it. totally worth buying if you don't pile the product on (again, it makes your brows look real). :-)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have mine in black.

PROS:
- keeps your brows feeling like hair, not like other brow gels that leave them crunchy
- the shade is ashy
- nice small brush for precise application

CONS:
- expensive!!! esp. to ship to Australia

on 10/12/2016 8:14:00 PM

So I did a little experiment to get the most natural brow look. I don't like the dense, drawn on brow look. However my brows are somewhat sparse and I need some help filling them in. Ok, so I compared this product to L'Oreal's brow plumper. I actually found that the two products were comparable at first. I didn't see a difference in pigment or coverage. Both defined and sculpted my brows nicely. However, after I wore the Glossier product on one brow and the L'Oreal product on the other brow for a whole day, I found that the Glossier Boy Brow had more staying power. The L'Oreal product felt crunchy and flaky after a full day's wear. Boy Brow didn't budge and felt natural to somewhat waxy. I will stay with the Boy Brow product and use it daily. I will check in to see how long the small tube lasts.

on 9/13/2016 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

i don't think its a coincidence that i've broken out around my eyebrows EVERY time i give this another try... who even breaks out around their eyebrows. very weird. (nothing else in my routine was changed).

on 8/25/2016 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have dark brown/black cool-toned brows and I use Boy Brow in Brown. I was thinking I'd need it in black, since my brows are so dark (and the rest of my coloring is high contrast -- nw15 skin and black hair) but this color is actually very dark. It looks medium brown on the spoolie but on my brows, it's straight-up black. In fact, it's maybe too dark! I'm thinking of getting the lightest color (I think there's only 3 colors) next time.

Normally I have to use the darkest of eyebrow shades but yet here I am, thinking I need the lightest for Boy Brow!

I think the reason why Brown looks so dark on me is because it really plumps up the hairs and coats them with a thin pomade texture. It winds up emphasizing the darkness of my brows (which is good but sometimes I glance in the mirror and think it's too much).

Because my brows are super thin (thanks, 1990s), I fill them in with a much lighter shade -- right now, it's the Shu hard pencil in stone gray (which pulls a light warm taupe on me) -- above and below my brows to thicken them slightly, then top it with Boy Brown to give it oomph. If I were to use my regular darker brow shades (e.g., Shu hard pencil in black or Anastasia Brow Wiz in Ebony, etc.) and topped it with Boy Brow, my brows would look way too dark.

The hold of this product is great too. Because my brows are so thin and I covet thick brows, I use every trick in the book, including brushing them up. I use Boy Brow to brush all the hairs up -- like 90 degrees, parallel to my nose. (The brow hairs on the downward slope of my brows past the arch I brush parallel to the ground toward my ears. That'd look a bit nuts if they were pointed at the ceiling!) You can check out so many cosmetic advertisements lately, like for J Crew or any makeup brand; that's how they style brows so they look feathery and extra thick. Anyway, Boy Brow keeps my hairs exactly in place, all day long, defying gravity.

Overall, an awesome brow product. A cheaper dupe (that doesn't have nearly as much hold because of course there's gotta be a trade off) is Essence's colored brow gel. But I'll still buy Boy Brow again -- but next time, in Blond!

Popular Brows Products