Glossier Boy Brow

Glossier Boy Brow
Boy BrowBoy Brow

3.1

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), Beeswax (Cera Alba), Butylene Glycol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Isostearic Acid, PVP, Dimethicone, Tromethamine, Oleic Acid, Silica, Polybutene, Lecithin, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Glyceryl Laurate, Sorbitan Laurate, Atelocollagen, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Long lasting, easy and fast to apply, looks great. Would buy again and rec to friends. Love this stuff.

on 2/26/2017 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Got this in black. I have very oily sensitive skin and this boy brow works just fine. Little goes a long way. Do not fade, budge or anything it just stay where it is all day. Im impressed. However, price is a bit too high for only 0.11oz product you got.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I've had mixed results trying Glossier products. This one was a miss for me. I was looking for a product to fill in my eyebrows. I like the idea of a mascara-type brush, but I honestly don't see much of a difference after I applied it.

on 9/24/2016 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Does not work well on thin sparse brows. I will stick with pencil...

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I've been looking for a natural looking, your-brows-but-better product for a while. My brows are blonde and straight and I don't think the current style of gel/pencil/concealer brow products look particularly good on me. I picked the blond shade and am happy that it adds the right amount of color and volume to my brows to look polished and defined. The brush on the wand was better than I expected. It takes a while to set, but once it's dried your brows don't feel crunchy, but still has a decent amount of hold. Thankfully the formula also hasn't caused awkward eyebrow breakouts that the waxes in other brow products have caused for me.

The downside is I think the packaging is pretty meh looking and it's very tiny - it's slightly longer than my index finger and about as wide as my pinky. The price point is better than products like Benefit though, which is $24 for .1 oz versus Glossier's .11 oz for $16.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I really tried to like this but they need to improve the applicator and formula. The wand picks up way too much product and it ends up being a goopy mess on your brows if you're not careful. The brown also has a reddish tint so you shouldn't get it if you're looking for more of an espresso color. I would buy this again if they changed the wand and formula so it isn't so messy to apply.

on 10/27/2015 4:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This brow pomade does what it sets out to do; for the most part. It intelligently fills in your brows when you need a natural, expedient solution.

As far as packaging goes, Glossier opts for a clean, minimal look; which (surprise, surprise!) does not in the least deliver practicality. Let's gloss this over. For one, the spoolie always picks up too much product, so that these icky globs eventually accumulate at the mouth of the tube (think worn mascara tubes ladies and gents!) This accounts not only for a frustratingly messy experience; but also a very wasteful one!
Which begs the question: why, Gloss-ee-ay? There is so little product to even begin with; why not employ some other method of extraction altogether?
An additional smidgen of product wouldn't hurt either! I know the listed price for the Boy Brow is $16, but factor in standard shipping + tax and your total is a whopping $22. And this for slightly more than a tenth of an ounce of product!

By extension, I feel obligated to add that this product, though waxy in consistency, failed to add any real hold to my unruly, reluctant brows.

Moving on.

My main gripe here (drumroll please!) is that the Boy Brow in the color brown contains a red tint which is slightly orange in undertone (contrary to what a fellow reviewer has posted here). This tint, though not always discernible in artificial light, is very much present in natural light/broad daylight. In other words, if you are searching for a cool, taupe-like, neutral brown for your gorgeous brown brows, the Boy Brow in brown is simply not your match. Now, despair not; if your natural eyebrow color is dark brown, you might have considerably better luck with the Boy Brow in black. As an exercise in optimism, I have decided to take another chance on this line and in doing so have ordered this same product in the color black. I'll check back in for that experience soon!

Verdict: While the Boy Brow is more natural looking, convenient and precise than most brow pencils currently on the market, it still needs enhancement. Truthfully, I was unprepared for this as Glossier's products have been positively touted all over most of the net.

**Update: I have been using Boy Brow in the color black for over a month now. Indeed, it is a true black, and as such, considerably darker than my neutral toned dark brown brows. In addition, I must regretfully report that I do occasionally experience fallout with this product. Lastly, what has absolutely determined me to switch to my old brow grooming routine: the amount of time it takes to evenly apply the mousse on both brows. It is much too easy to overdo the application and quite frankly there is just no quick fix. You have to sit and moisten a cotton pad and then very excruciatingly yet lightly wipe away the over-application.

Removing 3 lippies and leaving 1 for the great customer service; I was entirely refunded for both Brow products and was never asked to send them back. Under normal circumstances I would have rejoiced, however these poor quality products are destined for the trash.

Unless I come across some God-sent product, I will continue shading my brows with any ol' brow filler brush and Estee Lauder's eye shadow in #54/copper penny. Identical shades are available in both NYX's Eyebrow Cake Powder and Milani's Brow Fix Brow Kits. I have used both sets prior to using Estee Lauder's and solidly stand by either products. Unfortunately (or fortunately), all of these alternatives are leaps and bounds better than Glossier's Boy Brow and finally, much cheaper!

TLDR: Yes, Glossier's Boy Brow sounds good in theory, but the execution is lacking. God, is it lacking! My intuition suspects this to be the case with most, if not all of Glossier's products. But I suppose you shall be judge of that :)

Popular Brows Products