Glossier Boy Brow

Glossier Boy Brow
Boy BrowBoy Brow

4.3

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), Beeswax (Cera Alba), Butylene Glycol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Isostearic Acid, PVP, Dimethicone, Tromethamine, Oleic Acid, Silica, Polybutene, Lecithin, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Glyceryl Laurate, Sorbitan Laurate, Atelocollagen, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA

on 7/24/2017 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I got the product in clear and it was decent. It definitely flakes a lot less than other brow gels that I have tried and the hold was ok. I have thick eyebrows so there were still some random hairs that I would have to put back in place throughout the day. I can't speak for the tinted ones and their performance but as for the clear one not worth the price. Also, although this is my own fault for not reading details, this is not the size of a regular mascara tube, it is about half the size which is a very small amount of product for $16! It has a good applicator brush but the lettering on the outside rubbed off after a week which was annoying

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is my holy grail. I have boughten maybe 6 tubes. My eyebrows are thin hairs but they're pretty thick now, they're very blonde but I have light brown hair. I love that with this wand I can brush the brows in any desired direction, fill them in, and even shape them a little too. The price is pretty decent for this product. Looks great as a finisher over a brow powder or pencil too.

I LOVE THIS. On those weeks where i've had my brows done, this is the only product I put on my brows. It makes my eyebrows just slightly darker and it doesn't chip off ugly on my eyebrows. I like using the black version the most because I'm asian with dark hair but I've also used the brown ver and it looks pretty much the same. I will say that it runs out pretty easily and it's really expensive for its size in my opinion. Still would re-buy though! I like how it doesn't add fibres to my eyebrows like the gimme brow by Benefit does so it's really natural and I appreciate that.

on 1/14/2017 2:58:00 PM

As someone who prefers a natural look, the Boy Brow is a product I love to use on an everyday basis for its functionality. It lightly tints, shapes, and holds your brows in place without being heavy, artificial, or sticky. One con is that it comes in only three shades, since the blonde is a bit too light while the brunette is far too dark for my brow colour, but I see that more as a personal problem. The packaging and applicator are easy to take in your purse or pack for travel, since everything is together in one tube. Overall, this is a great, low maintenance product that I would definitely recommend to anyone searching for a new brow tamer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have mine in black.

PROS:
- keeps your brows feeling like hair, not like other brow gels that leave them crunchy
- the shade is ashy
- nice small brush for precise application

CONS:
- expensive!!! esp. to ship to Australia

on 9/20/2016 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my HG eyebrow product. I'll never go back to Benefit or Anastasia again.

It LASTS AND LASTS. I have greasy skin and makeup never stays on my skin for more than a few hours. This stuff legitimately lasts for 16 hours. Doesn't smear, either.

It's kind of waxy, which I like, because it holds hairs in place.

Other eyebrow products have often made me break out in the eyebrows area (I have super acne-prone skin). I don't notice an increase in breakouts with this product.

Rest of Glossier's products are super underwhelming and seemingly basic, so this was a pleasant surprise.

Not much else to say here—I just love it and see no reason to continue searching for the perfect brow product. Seriously, it lasts sooooo long.

on 4/5/2016 11:08:00 AM

This is probably a good product for people who naturally have thicker brows. Mine are genetically light and sparse, and this product takes a lot to build color on my brows. I also find it really messy and hard to use "in the lines;" I always need to use q-tips to clean up my brow shape. the wand picks up a lot of product that I have to wipe off on the tube.

That being said, I don't hate it and have found ways to make it work. Best results for me have been with filling my brows in with powder, then setting it with the boy brow. That combo tends to give me almost bushy looking brows which I actually really enjoy. I'm not sure if I'll eventually repurchase. $16 isn't a horrible price but the tube is quite small; it will depend on how long my tube lasts me.

on 3/25/2016 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is incredible. I have pretty sparse eyebrows, and this makes them look full and well groomed. I've tried so many different eyebrow mascaras, but this one takes the cake. It takes all of 10 seconds to brush it on and be done.

on 3/23/2016 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I've never been a huge "brow person," and have barely paid attention to them despite my love of eye makeup. I tweeze conservatively as needed.

Since I've had some great experiences with other Glossier products, I decided to try the Boy Brow since I feel the price is very accessible for this kind of product. I do admit to typically purchasing high-end makeup products, and the Glossier makeup is, to me, mid-range.

I bought the Blonde shade to try, even though my hair color is a medium-to-dark brown. I read that the brown might be TOO brown for my type of color. The Blonde is actually a really great match for a subtle, groomed look. Boy Brow has converted me into a brow person because it's so easy to apply and looks so natural. I've gotten compliments! My brows end up looking like I've paid them way more attention than I really have.

As I've seen with other reviews, this product isn't really meant to create those very drawn-on Instagram brows, or to majorly fill in sparse patches. It also won't give you larger brows if yours are very thin. I would absolutely recommend for those who want to groom their brows and give them more color and shape without requiring tiny little pencil flicks to mimic hairs. I love Boy Brow and will continue to use.

Update: I ordered the Brown color as well, and while it's certainly more dramatic on me than the Blonde, it still matches. I'm experimenting with a combination of both colors to see what happens, but I plan on reserving Brown for "evening" looks and Blonde for my everyday makeup.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I was really hoping that this would live up to the hype, but for me it didn't. The packaging is super cute but unrealistic as the wand always has too much product, similar to BeneTint. (Why!!) For my eyebrow color it wasn't a great match. I got blonde but the blonde ended up being too golden for my brows, and an ash or taupe would have been better. Otherwise it is a an okay product and I might recommend it to my brunette or honey-blonde friends.

Popular Brows Products