Glossier Boy Brow

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Glossier Boy Brow
Boy BrowBoy Brow

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), Beeswax (Cera Alba), Butylene Glycol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Isostearic Acid, PVP, Dimethicone, Tromethamine, Oleic Acid, Silica, Polybutene, Lecithin, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Glyceryl Laurate, Sorbitan Laurate, Atelocollagen, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA

on 9/25/2018 7:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I used to be a brow pencil kinda girl because I love the pigmentation it gives, but now I realise that it doesn't always look the most natural and I've since graduated to brow gels and mascaras. Needless to say, I've tried quite a few of these sorts of products. So how does Boy Brow compare?

Pigmentation wise, this is pretty similar to the Essence brow gel... which is a fraction of the price and is more widely available worldwide tbh. And in my experience, these two brow gels are actually not very pigmented compared to say, the NYX cosmetics' brow mascara. I see a lot of people using a brow pencil before this brow gel, and I don't blame them because the pigmentation isn't the most opaque.

But it sure holds my brows in place though! On days I'm after the whole brushed up brows look, Boy Brow holds them up for a good few hours. Better than any of the brow gels/mascaras I've tried! The other ones I've tried are either too watery and thin to have any hold at all, or too thick that they weigh my eyebrows down straight away. Boy Brow, on the other hand, is watery but also waxy at the same time so it holds my brows in place nicely. And the individual strands of my brow hairs are quite thick too.

Will I get it again? Tbh, not sure because I don't really care for a brow gel that holds in place because I just want to fill in some of the sparse areas in my eyebrows and I prefer something pigmented for that. I'd rather just get the Essence one in this case because they look the same on my eyebrows in terms of how it fills in the sparse bits. For what this product is, it does a good job imo. But for something that doesn't even ship to my country, for me it's not worth something to go through heaven and hell just to get to when I can get something else 10 minutes from my house that looks similar to what Boy Brow gives me. I might try the clear version out of curiosity, but not because I think the product is particularly mindblowing for me. If you're looking for a product that holds eyebrow hairs in place though, in my experience this has been great! I just don't care for that personally.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

wow. i'm so surprised with the high rating of this product because i hated this. okay, not hated but i'm not a fan of this and won't repurchase. this claims to fill in sparse brows. it doesn't (yes i have thin and sparse brows). it doesn't even hold my brows in place and will wear off after a few hours of use. yes i live in a humid and hot country but mac brow gel was able to do its job in this place. only thing i love about this is the wand. if you're interested, here's my full review https://brushstrokesandlullabies.blogspot.com/2017/05/review-of-glossier-boy-brow-gel-is-it.html

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Really made my brows spectacular, i have always struggled with my brows but this is just really helpful and makes them full and vibrant. Really enjoyed this and suggest others to get it as well.

on 11/10/2017 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This stuff is impressive! Glossier is a company that definitely shines more in makeup than skincare. I enjoy their makeup offerings. So, I like my natural brows, I think they're nice, I've wanted to use brow products over the years just to amp the polish a bit and look a bit more put together, not draw on a whole new brow. Every product I've tried (pomades and pencils) has just looked too fake to me. If I took the time and really worked at it I could probably achieve a nice natural look, but I wanted something quick and easy. I didn't really have high hopes for Boy Brow, I got brown, and it immediately looked too dark coming out of the tube, but I worked a little into my brows and it blended nicely. At first I was a little freaked out, just because I'm used to wearing nothing, but a few hours later I looked in the mirror and thought "Wow, I look better than usual", and I realized it was the Boy Brow! I suppose there are other products like this on the market, but this is the first brow product in this style I've tried, and I give it a thumbs up. Only reason it gets four lippies is the packaging is tiny and it's rather expensive. Heads up, Glossier has incredible customer service and fast shipping. So if the Instagram brow trend isn't for you, check out this product!

on 7/24/2017 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I got the product in clear and it was decent. It definitely flakes a lot less than other brow gels that I have tried and the hold was ok. I have thick eyebrows so there were still some random hairs that I would have to put back in place throughout the day. I can't speak for the tinted ones and their performance but as for the clear one not worth the price. Also, although this is my own fault for not reading details, this is not the size of a regular mascara tube, it is about half the size which is a very small amount of product for $16! It has a good applicator brush but the lettering on the outside rubbed off after a week which was annoying

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is my holy grail. I have boughten maybe 6 tubes. My eyebrows are thin hairs but they're pretty thick now, they're very blonde but I have light brown hair. I love that with this wand I can brush the brows in any desired direction, fill them in, and even shape them a little too. The price is pretty decent for this product. Looks great as a finisher over a brow powder or pencil too.

I LOVE THIS. On those weeks where i've had my brows done, this is the only product I put on my brows. It makes my eyebrows just slightly darker and it doesn't chip off ugly on my eyebrows. I like using the black version the most because I'm asian with dark hair but I've also used the brown ver and it looks pretty much the same. I will say that it runs out pretty easily and it's really expensive for its size in my opinion. Still would re-buy though! I like how it doesn't add fibres to my eyebrows like the gimme brow by Benefit does so it's really natural and I appreciate that.

on 2/26/2017 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Got this in black. I have very oily sensitive skin and this boy brow works just fine. Little goes a long way. Do not fade, budge or anything it just stay where it is all day. Im impressed. However, price is a bit too high for only 0.11oz product you got.

on 1/14/2017 2:58:00 PM

As someone who prefers a natural look, the Boy Brow is a product I love to use on an everyday basis for its functionality. It lightly tints, shapes, and holds your brows in place without being heavy, artificial, or sticky. One con is that it comes in only three shades, since the blonde is a bit too light while the brunette is far too dark for my brow colour, but I see that more as a personal problem. The packaging and applicator are easy to take in your purse or pack for travel, since everything is together in one tube.
My biggest problem is the price, since the tube is only 0.11 oz. That barely lasts me 2 months of everyday use (whereas I purchased the NYX brow gel which is extremely similar in colour and formula, just a larger wand and it lasted me 6 months of daily use). I think that Glossier products in general give you very little product for a very high price.
Overall, this is a good, low maintenance product that I would recommend to anyone searching for a new brow tamer if it is in your budget, but probably not something I will personally be repurchasing soon.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have mine in black.

PROS:
- keeps your brows feeling like hair, not like other brow gels that leave them crunchy
- the shade is ashy
- nice small brush for precise application

CONS:
- expensive!!! esp. to ship to Australia

Popular Brows Products