Glossier Boy Brow

Glossier Boy Brow
Boy BrowBoy Brow

3.5

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), Beeswax (Cera Alba), Butylene Glycol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Isostearic Acid, PVP, Dimethicone, Tromethamine, Oleic Acid, Silica, Polybutene, Lecithin, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Glyceryl Laurate, Sorbitan Laurate, Atelocollagen, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA

on 11/19/2017 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

First up this product is TINY, like a sample size, half the size of a regular mascara but costing £14. It was quite an insult to receive it to be honest. Having read the reviews I was expecting wonders for my sparse typically Chinese brows-the dark brow was a perfect colour for me but the product was so tricky to apply with what is essentially a mascara wand. I ended up with clumpy brows, and needed to brush through to smooth them out. It was also difficult to get any definition on the inner brows and I needed to touch up with my regular eyebrow pencil (Maybelline Brow Precise Micro Pencil £7.99). The product does stay but it hasn't really changed my world in the way I had expected. Perhaps if you have more brow to start with it would be great to enhance them but unfortunately it doesn't work for me.

on 11/8/2017 4:29:00 PM

As with all glossier products it seems - this product is tiny.

I am fair skinned and have slightly thick, black eyebrows that are sparse in some areas, if I use full on brow products such as brow dips it looks garish on me. I don't really shape my eyebrows, just pluck stray hairs. I bought boybrow in black and I actually really liked it.

It looks so natural, my eyebrows look slightly darker and the sparse areas are kind of just slightly brushed over in colour. As someone who doesn't wear makeup this is so flattering. If your into a natural look try this out. I was originally going to buy the clear one as I was afraid the black would be too harsh, but I'm so happy I got the black.

If only they made this bigger! If you wear makeup everyday, this I imagine, will run out very quickly.

on 8/24/2017 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Glossier Glossier Glossier, can you please give me more time with this product? Can you stop selling sample sizes as full sized? I have had brow gels from the likes of Kiko, Essence, Soap and Glory, etc and they have all lasted me around a year. I then buy this very expensive and reputable brow gel (which works like a charm) and it lasts me 3 months. Does it work? yes. Is it beautiful? yes. But the only makeup item I'm emotionally prepared to finish every 3 months is a mascara. I don't want to be parted from a $20 brow gel 3 months in, before we have a chance to fully get to know each other. THIS NEEDS TO BE BIGGER.

on 8/4/2017 10:17:00 AM

First of all-- let's be honest, this is the size of department store sample, and not cheap. Does it work? Yeah, I guess. Not in love. It's tricky because you're brushing it into your eyebrow hairs and brushing them UP, and it's getting on the skin above your eyebrows, which you then have to careful remove with a q-tip. Live and learn. SIGH!!!!

on 6/14/2017 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I like this a lot, but I don't love it as much as other people seem to. I don't get either the 'feathery' look or a 'bulky' look to my brows. For me, its a tinted brow gel pretty much like other tinted brow gels except I like the small applicator of the product. Product claims to be "all-in-one brow fluffer, filler, and shaper" but I find it only does 2/3 of what its supposed to. But it does those two things well so I'm giving it a 4.

Pro:
Small applicator head allows control when using
Holds my brows sufficiently (so fulfils grooming claim of product)
Colour (brown) works to add some definition without necessarily having to add powder or pencil. (fulfuls 'filling in' claim of product)

Con:
Not readily available and when buying online it was quite expensive for me in Aus ($40). I know this isn't applicable for those who have access to glossier but its a con for me.
I don't get any 'boy brows'. It doesn't thicken my brows unless I put multiple coats on but then it looks unnatural rather than feathery/fluffy and full.

on 5/18/2017 11:27:00 PM

I love this product! I've been using the Anastasia Brow Power Duo for years and recently bought this product after reading so many great reviews about it. I will forever use the boy brow! I have asian black hair and the shade in Brown is perfect. The application is so easy and the product really lasts all day. I grade this an A++++!

on 4/2/2017 3:17:00 PM

Absolutely love this product!!!!!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Another Glossier product I wanted to love.

There was a lot of hype around this product so I finally caved and purchased this in black. I love that the tube is so tiny and that the brush is also very tiny. I have sparse brows and need to fill them in everyday. This is great for holding the hairs in place for me—like a hair gel. It was horrible for filling in my brows hence 3 stars.

The coloring was right and the product itself I liked. When you applied it, looks like little hairs and after it dries, it does not budge (pros and cons here). However, I cannot use this by itself. It makes my brows look even sparser than is because it cannot fill in where the hair does not grow.

I find that if I combine this w/ my NYX Brow Pencil, they make the perfect duo. NYX helps me to shape and fill in extremely sparse areas. Then going over my brows with this gives it a bushier/fuller look without looking too unnatural.

With that being said, for $16, will not purchase again. I can get by just fine using NYX and Clio Tinted Kill Brows—both cheaper than Boy Brow combined.

on 9/13/2016 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

i don't think its a coincidence that i've broken out around my eyebrows EVERY time i give this another try... who even breaks out around their eyebrows. very weird. (nothing else in my routine was changed).

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Hands down, best brow mascara I've ever used. I was die hard for Benefit's Gimme Brow, but I like this better. Seems to volumize more dramatically, and lasts forever. Total winner. Wish it wasn't always sold out!

Popular Brows Products