Glossier Boy Brow

Glossier Boy Brow
Boy BrowBoy Brow

3.6

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), Beeswax (Cera Alba), Butylene Glycol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Isostearic Acid, PVP, Dimethicone, Tromethamine, Oleic Acid, Silica, Polybutene, Lecithin, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Glyceryl Laurate, Sorbitan Laurate, Atelocollagen, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA

I've been using this for the past few weeks and I've become a huge fan. I've tried several of these tinted brow gels (Benefit, Essence, Ardell) and this is my favorite so far. For the most part, I find a lot of these brow gels to be similar but Boy Brow stands out to me because it actually has some hold. It's a bit thick so I do have to be careful when applying it, but once it's on I find that my brows stay in place all day. It gives me some extra thickness and makes me my brows looked groomed without looking filled in or "makeup-y". It's a bit pricey at $16 and I'm not sure how long a tube will last me, but it's still cheaper than the Benefit Gimme Brow so at least there's that. I just really love it. My brows take me 30 seconds now and I love that I don't have to layer another gel on top. I will definitely be repurchasing.

Skin: Dry, Other, Neutral

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

I bought this in black and it did thicken up my brow hairs quite nicely. Doesn't make them crunchy or stiff feeling. But for the price, I'm underwhelmed. It didn't hold up my thick brow hairs at all. It didn't even last through the morning for me. I'll be returning this for sure.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I should preface this review by stating that my eyebrows are already full and I am a spoiled brat in the brow department. Somehow I still bought this product and expected it to change my entire life!!! and surprisingly enough, it didn’t. Ok, so I bought this in clear. It’s really an ok product by any means. It does not make my eyebrows really dry, sticky or rock hard. It does not move the colour I’ve used to fill in my brows (which is a big plus). The downside is: the tube is small, the wand grabs too much product, the hold is not quite strong enough and it does not provide sufficient separation. However, I bet it would work better (even great) for someone with finer eyebrows.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I ordered this in June and have maybe used it 5 times. It took forever to ship to me and I had been so excited to try it. It’s a really small tube, however, the price just doesn’t justify it. The brush picks up way too much product and the gel itself doesn’t have the greatest hold. I’m disappointed that I wasted money on this.

on 4/1/2018 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Boy Brow is aight. I've never used a brow gel product before, but it's aight. No wows or gasps of astonishment here.

When I opened the box, I was irked at how small the tube was. Like everyone else says, the size is reminiscent of a deluxe sampler. (Good thing I bought this in a 2-for deal with Haloscope.) My natural brows already are fluffy and thick, Boy Brow just filled in the sparse areas and gave them shape - while still keeping them natural-looking. They definitely hit the "no makeup makeup" aesthetic on the nail.

It’s a nice brow gel, but it’s not knocking my socks off. I find that there are such great drugstore alternatives in this category, that for this price it should of make me coffee in bed as well as keep the brows tamed. Will use it up with pleasure, but wouldn’t repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I think I'm in the minority here. Bought this in brunette. PRO'S: doesn't dry out at quickly as Gimme Brow by Benefit, Small brush, keeps brows in place fairly well CON'S: too warm toned, I don't find it to really have the same "fiber" texture like gimme brow just more of a tinted gel. I won't be repurchasing even though this is cheaper, Gimme Brow is more accessible and gives a better result/color for the same exact hold.

on 5/2/2017 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

this is my holy grail of brow gels. This brow mscara is perfect if you have enough shape/spareness of an asian brow. If you have a ton of brow you probably wont see a difference. It truly multiplies your brow hairs and helps shape them. It doesn't darken your brows the way a powder would, it just adds to it without looking like you drew on cartoon brows. The price is expensive to me because I used it for 6 months and I'm almost out, usually a brow mascara can last a year for me (I don't even wear makeup everyday!) I do use a NYX microbrow pencil with this too to add shape to the eyebrow tails if I want a sharper shape. This gives you a nice natural base to start with.

on 3/21/2017 12:53:00 PM

I have seriously tried every brow product at Sephora and this beats them all! It looks so natural and makes my brows look fuller. They're VERY sparse. I use brown and my sister uses blonde. Her eyebrows are almost clear and it actually makes it look like she has eyebrows!! LOL The brush is tiny, so I feel like I can actually get to al the hairs. I just wish you got a little bit more product, but I guess maybe it would dry up too fast or something. Whatever the case, I will always repurchase because I love it. I'm not sure if you're allowed to share coupons here, but here is one for 20% off your first purchase: http://bff.glossier.com/fzfop. It's not my code, just the one I used on MY first purchase. Please delete if not allowed!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Forumla:

Love this formula. The formula has a mostly dry consistency, which I really like because I hate wet brow gels (like ABH). I especially hate brow gels that don't set, and this sets but it isn't stiff. It is most comparable to Benefit Gimme Brow, which has a very similar formula. The one difference is that Glossier product as a whole doesn't dry out in the tube quickly like Gimme Brow does, so lasts way longer. This is why I would choose Boy Brow over Gimme Brow.

Colour:

Brown is the only colour I have tried. I like the colour, it isn't my favourite. I have dark brows and want to keep the colour ashy. Glossier Boy Brow isn't a warm toned colour, but it isn't the most ashy I have found (ABH is more ashy, but a worse formula and I would rather have less ashy brows than put up with a crap formula). I live in Australia and can only get it when my sister goes to the US (which is frequently) I would get her to pick up the next darkest shade but that is black so I am thinking that could be wayyyy too dark. A Taupe or a Granite colour would be nice? So maybe thats a downfall. Not a great shade range (ABH best shade range).

Packaging:

Love it. Glossier packaging is minimal and chic. Lots of people think it feels cheap? For me that isn't an issue, it feels weighted and has a nice silver lid. Great wand as well, very similar to Gimme Brow. Grips the hair and coats all brow hairs, small enough to get nice and precise. It is the best.

Price:

A good price for a high end feeling product. As compared to other gels:

1.Gimme Brow $39 AUD for 3g = 13 dollars a gram
2. Glossier $21 AUD (converted from US) for 3.12g = 6.7 dollars a gram
3. NYX $9.95 AUD for 8.5g = 1.1 dollars a gram
4. Anastasia Beverly Hills $40 for 9g = 4.4 dollars a gram

I think Glossier is a better product than Gimme Brow, and they are marketed as a similar thing (volumizing brow gel, similar wand etc). It is also considerably cheap in AUD, and has a little bit more product.

All in all, Glossier is probably my favourite coloured brow gel. At the moment I have moved towards clear gels (NYX is my favourite) but for a bold look or an evening look I will always do a coloured gel and this is what I am choosing. Its a shame that its so hard to get is Australia.

Popular Brows Products