Glossier Boy Brow

Glossier Boy Brow
Boy BrowBoy Brow

3.7

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), Beeswax (Cera Alba), Butylene Glycol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Isostearic Acid, PVP, Dimethicone, Tromethamine, Oleic Acid, Silica, Polybutene, Lecithin, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Glyceryl Laurate, Sorbitan Laurate, Atelocollagen, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I think I'm in the minority here. Bought this in brunette. PRO'S: doesn't dry out at quickly as Gimme Brow by Benefit, Small brush, keeps brows in place fairly well CON'S: too warm toned, I don't find it to really have the same "fiber" texture like gimme brow just more of a tinted gel. I won't be repurchasing even though this is cheaper, Gimme Brow is more accessible and gives a better result/color for the same exact hold.

on 5/2/2017 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

this is my holy grail of brow gels. This brow mscara is perfect if you have enough shape/spareness of an asian brow. If you have a ton of brow you probably wont see a difference. It truly multiplies your brow hairs and helps shape them. It doesn't darken your brows the way a powder would, it just adds to it without looking like you drew on cartoon brows. The price is expensive to me because I used it for 6 months and I'm almost out, usually a brow mascara can last a year for me (I don't even wear makeup everyday!) I do use a NYX microbrow pencil with this too to add shape to the eyebrow tails if I want a sharper shape. This gives you a nice natural base to start with.

on 3/21/2017 12:53:00 PM

I have seriously tried every brow product at Sephora and this beats them all! It looks so natural and makes my brows look fuller. They're VERY sparse. I use brown and my sister uses blonde. Her eyebrows are almost clear and it actually makes it look like she has eyebrows!! LOL The brush is tiny, so I feel like I can actually get to al the hairs. I just wish you got a little bit more product, but I guess maybe it would dry up too fast or something. Whatever the case, I will always repurchase because I love it. I'm not sure if you're allowed to share coupons here, but here is one for 20% off your first purchase: http://bff.glossier.com/fzfop. It's not my code, just the one I used on MY first purchase. Please delete if not allowed!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Forumla:

Love this formula. The formula has a mostly dry consistency, which I really like because I hate wet brow gels (like ABH). I especially hate brow gels that don't set, and this sets but it isn't stiff. It is most comparable to Benefit Gimme Brow, which has a very similar formula. The one difference is that Glossier product as a whole doesn't dry out in the tube quickly like Gimme Brow does, so lasts way longer. This is why I would choose Boy Brow over Gimme Brow.

Colour:

Brown is the only colour I have tried. I like the colour, it isn't my favourite. I have dark brows and want to keep the colour ashy. Glossier Boy Brow isn't a warm toned colour, but it isn't the most ashy I have found (ABH is more ashy, but a worse formula and I would rather have less ashy brows than put up with a crap formula). I live in Australia and can only get it when my sister goes to the US (which is frequently) I would get her to pick up the next darkest shade but that is black so I am thinking that could be wayyyy too dark. A Taupe or a Granite colour would be nice? So maybe thats a downfall. Not a great shade range (ABH best shade range).

Packaging:

Love it. Glossier packaging is minimal and chic. Lots of people think it feels cheap? For me that isn't an issue, it feels weighted and has a nice silver lid. Great wand as well, very similar to Gimme Brow. Grips the hair and coats all brow hairs, small enough to get nice and precise. It is the best.

Price:

A good price for a high end feeling product. As compared to other gels:

1.Gimme Brow $39 AUD for 3g = 13 dollars a gram
2. Glossier $21 AUD (converted from US) for 3.12g = 6.7 dollars a gram
3. NYX $9.95 AUD for 8.5g = 1.1 dollars a gram
4. Anastasia Beverly Hills $40 for 9g = 4.4 dollars a gram

I think Glossier is a better product than Gimme Brow, and they are marketed as a similar thing (volumizing brow gel, similar wand etc). It is also considerably cheap in AUD, and has a little bit more product.

All in all, Glossier is probably my favourite coloured brow gel. At the moment I have moved towards clear gels (NYX is my favourite) but for a bold look or an evening look I will always do a coloured gel and this is what I am choosing. Its a shame that its so hard to get is Australia.

on 10/12/2016 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This product is so great. Does not clump, but makes brows smooth and glossy. So easy to use. I am old, so really appreciate the ease of use.

on 8/21/2016 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Meh. This may work great if you have full brows, but if you have any sparseness or gaps, forget it. I have Brown, which is a nice, natural, moderately pigmented, slightly warm shade, and the applicator is quite good, but the product just doesn't cut it for my brows. Trying to build it up doesn't work--it gets clumpy, like mascara. I think that the problem is as much my brows being inappropriate for this type of product than the product itself. I will nor repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

It's good, with some reservations...

Pros- I like how small it is and it really is a good eyebrow finishing touch. I use it to emphasize my eyebrows after I fill them in as I find I often have patchiness in them with eyebrow pencil alone. I love how the tiny brush gets really in there.

Cons- If you're looking to only use one product, this isn't it unless you already have really nice brows... I usually use a eyebrow pencil first and then top it off with boy brow. Also the applicator gunks up all the time in certain spots and get all up in your hair and you gotta delicately comb it out (perhaps the space between the bristles needs to be a smidge farther inbetween, or the bristles need to be longer- idk something)

Etc- I love how it's a pomade and not a gel, my eyebrows feel natural and not crunchy. I'll probably bounce back and forth between this and the NYX brow gel... my loyalties haven't been decided yet.

on 4/11/2016 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Based on the reviews, I seem to be the target for this product (naturally bushy eye brows). In spite of this, I am not a fan. Why not? Because my brow hairs are also long & this doesn't hold them in place. Granted I need a wax for some of the more... quirky hairs... but I just don't understand the hype for this product when there are other tinted brow gels that do the exactly same thing, with potentially better hold, for less money.

All in all, it's not a bad product, just an average one.

on 4/11/2016 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Echoing the reviews that said this product alone will not help if you have sparse brows. Boy Brow emphasizes and thickens the individual strands of your eyebrow hairs, but won't do much if you want to actually fill in or add shape to your brows. I have thin sparse brows with barely any tails at all, and if I wear Boy Brow alone I don't see much difference. I find that it does look nice if I first fill in my brows with a pencil (I use Shu Uemura's Hard Formula) and then go over it with Boy Brow; Boy Brow gives me texture and makes my brows look more 3D if that makes sense. But the downside is that I think there is an irritating ingredient in it - I developed a small itchy patch over my right eyebrow after using it for a few days :( This has happened to me with a few of Glossier products. You'd think I would learn my lesson and stop buying, but their packaging is so damn cute . . .

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I love Boy Brow so much. It is the best brow product I have encountered on the market. I've really enjoyed Trish McEvoy Precision Brow Shaper pencil prior to this and finished with a clear brow gel, but this is a slam-dunk two-for-one. It really defines my brows and makes them look the perfect combination of polished but still unruly. You have a lot of control with the product to determine what look you want. It's very buildable, as are all of their products. It also feels natural on- I'm not aware that I have a pomade in my brows. I have bought two more tubes, so I can have one at home, in the car, and in my travel kit!

Popular Brows Products