Glossier Boy Brow

Glossier Boy Brow
Boy BrowBoy Brow

3.7

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), Beeswax (Cera Alba), Butylene Glycol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Isostearic Acid, PVP, Dimethicone, Tromethamine, Oleic Acid, Silica, Polybutene, Lecithin, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Glyceryl Laurate, Sorbitan Laurate, Atelocollagen, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA

Skin: Dry, Other, Neutral

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

I bought this in black and it did thicken up my brow hairs quite nicely. Doesn't make them crunchy or stiff feeling. But for the price, I'm underwhelmed. It didn't hold up my thick brow hairs at all. It didn't even last through the morning for me. I'll be returning this for sure.

on 7/9/2018 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

*update- I bumped this up a lippie because it holds up so well in high heat and humidity. Even if I'm sweating this doesnt smudge or disappear. Still not a do or die product for me but a good option in the summer.

This is a decent product the brown shade is a decent neutral tone and it does give good definition and hold to my brows. I love the tiny brush too. But let's get real,
this product is priced at more than $5/gram at 3g per tube. That's the same amount as a travel sized BTS mascara which is $4 cheaper. I expect this to last a month. I had a good coupon code so I bought 2 but I wouldn't buy this full priced. I have sparser brows so I still need to fill bare spots and this does nothing for that so it doesn't really speed up my mornings. I'd buy it again on sale but it's not a do or die item in my routine. Someone with fuller brows may get more out of it..

on 5/16/2018 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Following all the rave reviews, I really badly wanted to love this product. And I do love it - it really does do exactly what it says in the blurb, and the result looks great. It gives a tidy, natural look with virtually no effort. It's a bit pricey for the amount you get, but it really does work.

Unfortunately for me, it turns out that I'm highly sensitive to one of its components. From the first time I used it, it has made me itch like crazy - even more so when my skin gets very warm. So very sadly, it's back to my old brow pencil for now. Great product, but not for me. :(

on 12/3/2017 8:45:00 AM

Glossier products remind me of the "Make-Unders" from Jane magazine back in the day where they would pare someone's normally very made-up look way down. I do like this product alot - it's not Boy Brow's fault that my brows were terribly victimized by the 90's. I usually use Ka-Brow because the blade-brush helps me draw-in and define the patchy parts that are especially bad/noticeable towards the temples. I can't really do that with boy-brow - this is for people who already have nice brows that just need a little ooomph. I ordered brown, and the color is great - does have good staying power. If my brows ever grow back in (I'm using a growth enhancer) then this would be a very easy-to-use and effective product, so I can't say that would never buy it again. But for the sparsely-browed among us, it may not be defining and filling enough.

on 11/19/2017 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

First up this product is TINY, like a sample size, half the size of a regular mascara but costing £14. It was quite an insult to receive it to be honest. Having read the reviews I was expecting wonders for my sparse typically Chinese brows-the dark brow was a perfect colour for me but the product was so tricky to apply with what is essentially a mascara wand. I ended up with clumpy brows, and needed to brush through to smooth them out. It was also difficult to get any definition on the inner brows and I needed to touch up with my regular eyebrow pencil (Maybelline Brow Precise Micro Pencil £7.99). The product does stay but it hasn't really changed my world in the way I had expected. Perhaps if you have more brow to start with it would be great to enhance them but unfortunately it doesn't work for me.

on 6/14/2017 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I like this a lot, but I don't love it as much as other people seem to. I don't get either the 'feathery' look or a 'bulky' look to my brows. For me, its a tinted brow gel pretty much like other tinted brow gels except I like the small applicator of the product. Product claims to be "all-in-one brow fluffer, filler, and shaper" but I find it only does 2/3 of what its supposed to. But it does those two things well so I'm giving it a 4.

Pro:
Small applicator head allows control when using
Holds my brows sufficiently (so fulfils grooming claim of product)
Colour (brown) works to add some definition without necessarily having to add powder or pencil. (fulfuls 'filling in' claim of product)

Con:
Not readily available and when buying online it was quite expensive for me in Aus ($40). I know this isn't applicable for those who have access to glossier but its a con for me.
I don't get any 'boy brows'. It doesn't thicken my brows unless I put multiple coats on but then it looks unnatural rather than feathery/fluffy and full.

on 4/2/2017 9:33:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I bought Boy Brow in Brown as a skeptic, having tried other brush-on brow gels and never quite found something that I would favor over a pencil or cream-type filler. Plus, I was new to the Glosser brand, which is definitely not marketed to me (Gen X). To my surprise, Boy Brow exceeded my expectations and is now a staple in my everyday routine. Several features stand out: (1) the pigmentation is just the right intensity; (2) Brown is pretty neutral, not too warm unlike a lot of products I've tried that have a reddish tinge; (3) it's really quick and easy to use and pretty much foolproof (I tend to get a little on the skin just above my brow and can wipe it away quickly with a Q-tip); (4) the product is neither runny nor tacky or crunchy - the consistency is just right; (5) the stuff lasts all day. Despite the itty bitty tube you get for your 16 bucks, I'll repurchase.

on 8/25/2016 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have dark brown/black cool-toned brows and I use Boy Brow in Brown. I was thinking I'd need it in black, since my brows are so dark (and the rest of my coloring is high contrast -- nw15 skin and black hair) but this color is actually very dark. It looks medium brown on the spoolie but on my brows, it's straight-up black. In fact, it's maybe too dark! I'm thinking of getting the lightest color (I think there's only 3 colors) next time.

Normally I have to use the darkest of eyebrow shades but yet here I am, thinking I need the lightest for Boy Brow!

I think the reason why Brown looks so dark on me is because it really plumps up the hairs and coats them with a thin pomade texture. It winds up emphasizing the darkness of my brows (which is good but sometimes I glance in the mirror and think it's too much).

Because my brows are super thin (thanks, 1990s), I fill them in with a much lighter shade -- right now, it's the Shu hard pencil in stone gray (which pulls a light warm taupe on me) -- above and below my brows to thicken them slightly, then top it with Boy Brown to give it oomph. If I were to use my regular darker brow shades (e.g., Shu hard pencil in black or Anastasia Brow Wiz in Ebony, etc.) and topped it with Boy Brow, my brows would look way too dark.

The hold of this product is great too. Because my brows are so thin and I covet thick brows, I use every trick in the book, including brushing them up. I use Boy Brow to brush all the hairs up -- like 90 degrees, parallel to my nose. (The brow hairs on the downward slope of my brows past the arch I brush parallel to the ground toward my ears. That'd look a bit nuts if they were pointed at the ceiling!) You can check out so many cosmetic advertisements lately, like for J Crew or any makeup brand; that's how they style brows so they look feathery and extra thick. Anyway, Boy Brow keeps my hairs exactly in place, all day long, defying gravity.

Overall, an awesome brow product. A cheaper dupe (that doesn't have nearly as much hold because of course there's gotta be a trade off) is Essence's colored brow gel. But I'll still buy Boy Brow again -- but next time, in Blond!

on 8/17/2016 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Love boy brow in black. Really builds up my sparse eyebrows in a natural way. I used to use various browns from Anastasia (pencils and powder), but this has a big impact with little effort. I do use a clean spoolie to brush throughafter using. It remains flexible, not flakey, which is great. Black looks natural, not too stark on me. Definitely enhances a bare faced look.

on 5/7/2016 4:20:00 AM

It's only an "Ok" product. I had wanted to try it after falling for the hype. I have dark and full brows already, but am loving a fuller-brow look lately. I purchased Boy Brow in brown. The product barely has any pigment, and I really don't find it any better than the other two brow gels that I've tried this year (Pixi and NYX). In fact, I actually prefer the NYX. The NYX brow gel has far more pigment and staying power...and it's cheaper.

Popular Brows Products