Glossier Boy Brow

Glossier Boy Brow
Boy BrowBoy Brow

4.4

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), Beeswax (Cera Alba), Butylene Glycol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Isostearic Acid, PVP, Dimethicone, Tromethamine, Oleic Acid, Silica, Polybutene, Lecithin, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Glyceryl Laurate, Sorbitan Laurate, Atelocollagen, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA

on 8/22/2017 8:02:00 PM

Got this one in the mail yesterday and I'm not impressed. I though it was a sample size because it's TINY. The white bottom part that has the product is just 2/3 the plan of my hand. This is unacceptable for 20 bucks. The product is a low pigmented mascara. Actually, it reminded me of my mom's trick: using old and almost empty mascara tubes to make brows pop. Not "glossier" at all but hey... at least I liked the stickers they sent with it.

on 5/18/2017 11:27:00 PM

I love this product! I've been using the Anastasia Brow Power Duo for years and recently bought this product after reading so many great reviews about it. I will forever use the boy brow! I have asian black hair and the shade in Brown is perfect. The application is so easy and the product really lasts all day. I grade this an A++++!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Long lasting, easy and fast to apply, looks great. Would buy again and rec to friends. Love this stuff.

on 3/21/2017 12:53:00 PM

I have seriously tried every brow product at Sephora and this beats them all! It looks so natural and makes my brows look fuller. They're VERY sparse. I use brown and my sister uses blonde. Her eyebrows are almost clear and it actually makes it look like she has eyebrows!! LOL The brush is tiny, so I feel like I can actually get to al the hairs. I just wish you got a little bit more product, but I guess maybe it would dry up too fast or something. Whatever the case, I will always repurchase because I love it. I'm not sure if you're allowed to share coupons here, but here is one for 20% off your first purchase: http://bff.glossier.com/fzfop. It's not my code, just the one I used on MY first purchase. Please delete if not allowed!

on 12/23/2016 10:15:00 AM

So first things first, this tiny tube came in a GIANT box stuffed with the pink Glossier bubble pouch, a product sample, stickers, and a poster (why? what would anyone do with a poster?) in addition to the actual product. Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather have lower prices (or a larger tube) than all this shiz...though my daughter enjoyed decorating her toy farm with Glossier stickers.

Aside from that, I do like Boy Brow. Probably more so than most other brow products I've tried. I have full, dark brows that just need a little grooming and taming, so my needs aren't that serious. I also prefer a more natural looking brow. I got the Black shade. This has a thick waxy texture that's not too waxy, goopy, or slippery. The brush is the perfect tiny shape. It wrangles my brows into place all day with minimal effort. I'd say it does add some fullness, but the biggest benefit for me is that all day hold with no crispy texture or weird shine. The Black is indeed a nice soft black with no warm tones (glorious) - the possiblity to go overboard full on Groucho Marx is there but I think the Medium would've been too light. I just make sure to wipe off the excess before applying.

Biggest pros: actual all day hold, easy application, good shade, soft & natural looking
Biggest cons: price, size

The price wouldn't bother me so much if there weren't so much visual evidence as to where my money is actually going...the product itself is pretty great though, and I will most likely repurchase.

on 10/1/2016 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

I definitely bought into the hype on this one, and sadly, the product didn't live up to it. I sort of expected it to replace the need for pencil or powder (let's be honest, like with all their products, they made it seem like Boy Brow is all you need to groom your brows, providing color and hold), but unless you have relatively full and/or dense brows to begin with, you'll need more help than Boy Brow can give you. I still need to go in with my pencil to fill in sparse spots.

I also think the packaging is awful. The brush holds faaaaar too much product! I spend too much time scraping the excess off to only end up so underwhelmed by what it does for my brows. I don't have patience for it.

My brows are dark to begin with, so I can't speak much to the tint. The product does seem to thicken up the tails of my brows where they thin out a bit. I enjoy the texture, it doesn't feel dry or stiff, nor does it flake over time.

Overall, it's an extra step in my makeup routine with underwhelming results, so I tend to skip it altogether. Which makes me a little mad, because I paid good money for that tiny tube.

on 9/13/2016 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

i don't think its a coincidence that i've broken out around my eyebrows EVERY time i give this another try... who even breaks out around their eyebrows. very weird. (nothing else in my routine was changed).

on 8/3/2016 9:05:00 PM

The hype is real. I don't like my brows to look too done, but clear gel doesn't give me enough oomph, and pencil doesn't look natural. The pomade-like texture of Boy Brow doesn't fade or smudge, and in Blond it gives me definition and shape without looking like makeup.

I got this in the Phase 2 set for $40 (after using the first-time purchase discount of 20%) on Glossier.com.

I have already purchased a backup/replacement.

I was never a big brow enhancer because most color products, especially powder, make me feel like I have Groucho Marx brows. I recently got Gimme Brow my Benefit and it was ok, but the light color is just not quite right and the finish is very powdery and matte. I've one clear mascara and don't like the crunchy feeling of a dry gel. I tried out Boy Brow in Brown and love it- love the waxy, pomade control and finish, love the color, and overall love how my brows look darkened and thickened and groomed without looking ridiculous. The brush is easy to use, the packaging is minimalist and cute. I now consider it to be an indispensable step in my bare bones makeup routine.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is my new favorite brow product! It leaves brows soft and voluminous (really good for that full brow look). I've bought already bought two backups and am currently on my second tube. Brown is a perfect match for my black brown hair with NC25 skin -- it's not too warm, just ashy enough. I've introduced three friends to this product and they've all fallen in love with and re-ordered as well.

I love love love love the tiny yet fluffy brush - it distributes the right amount of product in just a few strokes, unlike the super skinny skeleton brush that lots of other makeup brand use (*ahem* Tarte Colored Clay Tinted Brow Gel). Sometimes I'll use a clean spoolie to clean up the edges of my eyebrows after applying Boy Brow, but it still has cut down and saved me so much time on my eyebrow routine (was previously using Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz pencil in Medium Brown).

Popular Brows Products