Glossier Boy Brow

Glossier Boy Brow
Boy BrowBoy Brow

3.7

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), Beeswax (Cera Alba), Butylene Glycol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Isostearic Acid, PVP, Dimethicone, Tromethamine, Oleic Acid, Silica, Polybutene, Lecithin, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Glyceryl Laurate, Sorbitan Laurate, Atelocollagen, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA

on 8/22/2017 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Overall result was fine but I eventually figured out it was clogging my pores and giving me acne. I will go back to Benefit's Gimme Brow, which has a drier texture and is more subtle and natural. Boy Brow is wetter with stronger color, so better for a more noticeable or dramatic look but be careful if you have acne-prone skin.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I wanted to love this! As a brow product, it's great (though you go through it so so fast if you use it daily). However, it broke me out REALLY badly. I have normal skin that's pretty well managed and I don't ever really get problematic breakouts. With this, I got the worst pimples of my life - big, painful, red bumps that swelled up my forehead and left behind scars. It started out pretty innocent, with little whiteheads that would go away with Epiduo after a day or so. But these are like nothing I've ever seen - like painful bug bites right above and between my eyebrows. I haven't changed anything else about my routine and I even repurchased this. Shame, because it's such an awesome brow gel and I really love what it does to my look! Just not to my skin.

on 6/10/2017 8:23:00 PM

This is my HG eyebrow product. I'll never go back to Benefit or Anastasia again.

It LASTS AND LASTS. I have greasy skin and makeup never stays on my skin for more than a few hours. This stuff legitimately lasts for 16 hours. Doesn't smear, either.

It's kind of waxy, which I like, because it holds hairs in place.

Other eyebrow products have often made me break out in the eyebrows area (I have super acne-prone skin). I don't notice an increase in breakouts with this product.

Rest of Glossier's products are super underwhelming and seemingly basic, so this was a pleasant surprise.

Not much else to say here—I just love it and see no reason to continue searching for the perfect brow product. Seriously, it lasts sooooo long. if you want 20% off use this link: http://bff.glossier.com/fEw12

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I think I'm in the minority here. Bought this in brunette. PRO'S: doesn't dry out at quickly as Gimme Brow by Benefit, Small brush, keeps brows in place fairly well CON'S: too warm toned, I don't find it to really have the same "fiber" texture like gimme brow just more of a tinted gel. I won't be repurchasing even though this is cheaper, Gimme Brow is more accessible and gives a better result/color for the same exact hold.

on 5/5/2017 12:18:00 AM

UPDATE: I also got boy brow in the brown shade and I prefer brown so much more than black. It just looks more natural. FYI, I'm asian (NW20) with black hair. Second, after using this product for a while now, I will have to say it's kind of goopy so you just have to be careful about applying it. I apply it first toward the tail end of my brows, then the front so I don't catch too much product. I still like it more than Gimme Brow because I think Glossier's fiber effect is better.

I also have Benefit's Gimme Brow in Deep and I prefer this one much more. I have Boy Brow in Black (purchased in Glossier Phase 2 set). It's very similar in that it's a fiber gel. Gimme Brow was great in the beginning but then you lose a lot of the product because it starts to dry and clump. It's also cheaper than Gimme Brow. I can't use this product alone (same with gimme brow). I have to still fill in my brows with Anastasia pomade, then use Boy Brow to give my brows more depth and lengthen the hairs.

IN COMPARISON
Benefit's Gimme Brow: $24 for 0.10oz
Anastasia Brow Gel: $22 for 0.32oz
Glossier's Boy Brow: $16 for 0.11oz

PROS
Fibers give brows more depth and lengthens hair
Good price

CONS
Still have to use pomade to fill in brows
A little goopy

If you want to try it, here's 20% off your purchase: bff.glossier.com/fztw2

on 5/2/2017 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

this is my holy grail of brow gels. This brow mscara is perfect if you have enough shape/spareness of an asian brow. If you have a ton of brow you probably wont see a difference. It truly multiplies your brow hairs and helps shape them. It doesn't darken your brows the way a powder would, it just adds to it without looking like you drew on cartoon brows. The price is expensive to me because I used it for 6 months and I'm almost out, usually a brow mascara can last a year for me (I don't even wear makeup everyday!) I do use a NYX microbrow pencil with this too to add shape to the eyebrow tails if I want a sharper shape. This gives you a nice natural base to start with.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I really, really wanted to love it. Finally caved and ordered it, and I've been using it (off and on) for a little over three weeks now.

Pros: Blonde/Taupe shade matches my ashy, light brown hair, small brush gives a lot of control, covers and coats hair instead of skin, looks very natural, cute packaging

Cons: small size for price, unexpectedly clumpy, hard to control amount of product on brush itself so you end up wasting product

Dealbreaker: Caused acne. Yep. Boy brow broke me out, and I'm not happy about it. At first I thought it was a new shampoo that I started using around the same time, but the situation continued to get worse after stopping the shampoo. I keep taking breaks from it, hoping that the acne was caused by something else or was just a fluke, but I officially can't use this for more than two days at a time without zits popping up IN MY EYEBROWS (yeah) or across my forehead....kind of like I've been wearing a greasy hat around for a few days without washing my face. And glossier's "Skin first, makeup second"/clear-faced aesthetic definitely feels like they're throwing salt in my (facial) wounds at this point.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Another Glossier product I wanted to love.

There was a lot of hype around this product so I finally caved and purchased this in black. I love that the tube is so tiny and that the brush is also very tiny. I have sparse brows and need to fill them in everyday. This is great for holding the hairs in place for me—like a hair gel. It was horrible for filling in my brows hence 3 stars.

The coloring was right and the product itself I liked. When you applied it, looks like little hairs and after it dries, it does not budge (pros and cons here). However, I cannot use this by itself. It makes my brows look even sparser than is because it cannot fill in where the hair does not grow.

I find that if I combine this w/ my NYX Brow Pencil, they make the perfect duo. NYX helps me to shape and fill in extremely sparse areas. Then going over my brows with this gives it a bushier/fuller look without looking too unnatural.

With that being said, for $16, will not purchase again. I can get by just fine using NYX and Clio Tinted Kill Brows—both cheaper than Boy Brow combined.

Hands down the best brow gel I have ever used. This grooms, fills in and provides hold to my long, untrimmed brows. I love how this beefs up my brows in between tinting them, and I like that it doesn't clump or get crunchy and stuff.

on 2/26/2017 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Got this in black. I have very oily sensitive skin and this boy brow works just fine. Little goes a long way. Do not fade, budge or anything it just stay where it is all day. Im impressed. However, price is a bit too high for only 0.11oz product you got.

Popular Brows Products