Glossier Boy Brow

Glossier Boy Brow
Boy BrowBoy Brow

3.9

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), Beeswax (Cera Alba), Butylene Glycol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Isostearic Acid, PVP, Dimethicone, Tromethamine, Oleic Acid, Silica, Polybutene, Lecithin, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Glyceryl Laurate, Sorbitan Laurate, Atelocollagen, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA

on 9/25/2018 7:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I used to be a brow pencil kinda girl because I love the pigmentation it gives, but now I realise that it doesn't always look the most natural and I've since graduated to brow gels and mascaras. Needless to say, I've tried quite a few of these sorts of products. So how does Boy Brow compare?

Pigmentation wise, this is pretty similar to the Essence brow gel... which is a fraction of the price and is more widely available worldwide tbh. And in my experience, these two brow gels are actually not very pigmented compared to say, the NYX cosmetics' brow mascara. I see a lot of people using a brow pencil before this brow gel, and I don't blame them because the pigmentation isn't the most opaque.

But it sure holds my brows in place though! On days I'm after the whole brushed up brows look, Boy Brow holds them up for a good few hours. Better than any of the brow gels/mascaras I've tried! The other ones I've tried are either too watery and thin to have any hold at all, or too thick that they weigh my eyebrows down straight away. Boy Brow, on the other hand, is watery but also waxy at the same time so it holds my brows in place nicely. And the individual strands of my brow hairs are quite thick too.

Will I get it again? Tbh, not sure because I don't really care for a brow gel that holds in place because I just want to fill in some of the sparse areas in my eyebrows and I prefer something pigmented for that. I'd rather just get the Essence one in this case because they look the same on my eyebrows in terms of how it fills in the sparse bits. For what this product is, it does a good job imo. But for something that doesn't even ship to my country, for me it's not worth something to go through heaven and hell just to get to when I can get something else 10 minutes from my house that looks similar to what Boy Brow gives me. I might try the clear version out of curiosity, but not because I think the product is particularly mindblowing for me. If you're looking for a product that holds eyebrow hairs in place though, in my experience this has been great! I just don't care for that personally.

on 6/18/2018 4:19:00 PM

This is a brow gel that I will keep buying again and again (and I live in Canada and have to pay for shipping fees everytime, so that tells you how much I love this) -- I've tried the benefit brow gel and found the product to just clump at the tip of the wand, making your brows look way too harsh. I think this is a perfect gel for someone like me who is looking to make the shape of their brows darker and more defined, definitely NOT for the person who is looking to reshape by drawing on their brows.
The formula lasts all day! I actually use this in black as a way of "shaping" my actual brows before going in with a pencil to draw in some of the spaces -- it makes it look more natural and saves me a shit ton of pencil product!

Also +1 for creating a gel in the grey/black colour for all us black-haired girls out there :)

on 5/22/2018 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I do actually really love the product but it is way too expensive for what it is. I love the wand shape. Its small and its super easy to use it to fill into the brows. I can definitely see a difference in my brows and it holds the shape all day. My brows are already shaped because I get them threaded. So this does the job of filling in the sparse parts and it makes them overall thicker without it looking darker. But its soooo expensive and thats the reason why I would rethink purchasing again.

on 5/8/2018 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Has better volumizing and lengthening effect as the benefit gimme brow; I use the darkest boy brow shade and it has that same ashy tone as the darkest gimme brow. This combined with the abh brow wiz is my favorite brow duo! However, I can also wear this by itself needing to add more, unlike a lot of other brow gels

on 4/1/2018 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Boy Brow is aight. I've never used a brow gel product before, but it's aight. No wows or gasps of astonishment here.

When I opened the box, I was irked at how small the tube was. Like everyone else says, the size is reminiscent of a deluxe sampler. (Good thing I bought this in a 2-for deal with Haloscope.) My natural brows already are fluffy and thick, Boy Brow just filled in the sparse areas and gave them shape - while still keeping them natural-looking. They definitely hit the "no makeup makeup" aesthetic on the nail.

on 11/8/2017 4:29:00 PM

As with all glossier products it seems - this product is tiny.

I am fair skinned and have slightly thick, black eyebrows that are sparse in some areas, if I use full on brow products such as brow dips it looks garish on me. I don't really shape my eyebrows, just pluck stray hairs. I bought boybrow in black and I actually really liked it.

It looks so natural, my eyebrows look slightly darker and the sparse areas are kind of just slightly brushed over in colour. As someone who doesn't wear makeup this is so flattering. If your into a natural look try this out. I was originally going to buy the clear one as I was afraid the black would be too harsh, but I'm so happy I got the black.

If only they made this bigger! If you wear makeup everyday, this I imagine, will run out very quickly.

on 9/17/2017 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have this one in black, and although this is exactly what I wanted from a brow gel: not too powerful, but enhancing your natural brow nicely, the packaging is VERY small to justift a repurchase. Think of the size as a sample size mascara. And since I have two put the wand into the tube 2-3 times for one application to get enough definition I think I will run out of this in a month or two. Will not repurchase

on 8/31/2017 11:41:00 PM

Do yourself a favour and order this. Yes it's as good as everybody says it is. If you're into the Instagram brow it may not give you what you're looking for but as someone with fairly full brows this grooms and subtly fills them so that they look naturally awesome. I have ashy dirty blonde hair and went with the blonde. Thought it might be too warm but that's not the case at all. A nice level of darkness.

on 8/24/2017 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Glossier Glossier Glossier, can you please give me more time with this product? Can you stop selling sample sizes as full sized? I have had brow gels from the likes of Kiko, Essence, Soap and Glory, etc and they have all lasted me around a year. I then buy this very expensive and reputable brow gel (which works like a charm) and it lasts me 3 months. Does it work? yes. Is it beautiful? yes. But the only makeup item I'm emotionally prepared to finish every 3 months is a mascara. I don't want to be parted from a $20 brow gel 3 months in, before we have a chance to fully get to know each other. THIS NEEDS TO BE BIGGER.

on 8/13/2017 6:13:00 PM

So... you did it, Glossier. And it wasn't even your clever online marketing strategy — it's your product quality.

Yep. Believe the hype. This little thing came in the mail today. I was truly skeptical but a few quick brushes of the wand and my eyebrows looked fuller, darker and generally nicer: with very Very little effort. It's basically mascara for your eyebrows, but the thickening kind as opposed to elongating the hairs.

Glossier totes itself as a quick natural-looking makeup line for people who don't want to fuss with too long of a makeup routine (or simply don't possess the talent to do proper makeup application and make it look good like *me*) and I honestly don't think I'll be using a pencil or any powder on my eyebrows anymore because this product does the job. I can't speak to it irritating skin into break-outs as I'm currently on Accutane, but I haven't noticed any irritation and my skin gets red quite easily. I used to use the Hourglass pencil but it's just... an expensive pencil, and wasn't very forgiving if you overdid it. It wasn't terrible but my eyebrows would look sort of painted in my opinion. Plus, the price tag was heinous.

Anyway, back to boy brow — I think it's the perfect eyebrow product for those of us who enjoy thicker brows without the hassle of walking the fine line between "luscious" and "unnatural". I'd give it a try if you're curious, as I'm sure it would fit seamlessly into any eyebrow routine anyway.

Popular Brows Products