Sunday Riley Juno Hydroactive Cellular Face Oil

Sunday Riley Juno Hydroactive Cellular Face Oil

3.9

Juno Organic Superfood Seed Oil Blend [Rubus Fruticosus (Blackberry) Seed Oil, Vaccinium Corymbosum (Blueberry) Seed Oil, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Rubus Idaeus (Red Raspberry) Seed Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Chardonnay Grape) Seed Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Wild Carrot) Seed Oil, Nigella Sativa (Black Cumin) Seed Oil, Brassica Oleracea Italica (Broccoli) Seed Oil], Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil.

on 11/20/2017 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This product is pricey however it is totally worth it. I get very dry flaky patches of skin on my face & this is the only product I found that works. I tried aquaphor, jojoba oil, luna oil, and many moisturizers from various brands & they all did nothing for me. I use a few drops of this a night all over my face. It only took a couple of days for my skin to be less dry & all my flaky spots to be gone. This stuff is amazing.

on 10/14/2017 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Overpriced and no difference. I've had much better luck with clarinet oils, and better price point.

on 6/7/2017 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Fab product from Sunday Riley. I was looking for a antioxidant rich moisturizer and decided to give Juno a try (I have dry skin). First, I love the packaging, purely for looks. I'm a sucker for ombres and purple is my favourite color. Admittedly a pump would have been better but a dropper was not a big deal. Second, no essential oils so I didn't have to risk any irritation. Third, I found it super moisturizing, 1-2 small drops were enough to keep my skin happy. Fourth, I used it in combination with DE C-Firma Day Serum, and my skin literally glowed. Healthy, radiant skin, just as it claims.

On a side note I wouldn't consider this a dry oil. It absorbed quickly but definitely did not leave a dry finish. The super dewy look doesn't suit me so if I can skip makeup for the day, a bit of loose powder was needed. Otherwise, sits beautifully under makeup and/or no problem applying under sunscreen. The only thing I wasn't a big fan of is the scent. It's kinda herby or nutty but you get used it in the end. Definitely a product I'd revisit.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love almost all SR products I've tried, but Juno is probably at the top of the list. This is the only oil (and I've tried many) to completely get rid of my dry patches. I did try samples of Juno, and Flora, and although flora is marketed more for dry skin, I found Juno just a moisturizing but it absorbed much quicker. Flora always just felt like it was sitting on top of my face. I use this under makeup in the morning and it works fine (though I suspect it might be an evening oil only for oily skin types, its not super fast drying) and also as my last step at night. My skin is definitely significantly brighter since having added this to my routine. If you're going to try one SR oil, this is the one I'd say is best since it has no essential oils (unlike all her others). Super pricey, but it does do for me what other oils have not, and a 1 oz bottle lasts me about a year.

on 9/24/2017 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

I vacillated a long time over reviewing this product and because of the good reviews, I really feel bad about lowering the score a little on this one. I wanted to test it extensively before doing this review because it is expensive, and I wanted to be sure that I genuinely believe it is as good as I wanted it to be. And it is just really not as great as I was hoping. After testing it for 4 months now, I can't detect an improvement in my skin. Granted, I have been using facial oils for several years now and I have a fairly intense skincare routine, but I think if you're going to be paying over $100 for a face oil, you would want to see some results at least. This was just... okay. I think my little $10 bottle of pure rosehip oil actually produces better results on my aging, dehydrated complexion. That is not the fault of this oil at all, we all have different body chemistry and what works for one person might make another break out. It is light enough for me to use 2 drops mixed with my Stila Stay All Day foundation, to keep cakiness and flakes at bay. If you are thinking of using this oil mainly for it's antioxidant properties and budget is a concern, may I suggest looking into the ridiculously inexpensive and highly effective EUK134 by The Ordinary, and using it in conjunction with something like squalane or rosehip or marula oil to moisturise instead.

on 10/14/2017 7:37:00 PM

I've loved the Luna oil so I had high hopes for this one. I was especially attracted to this because I do not do well with essential oils because of allergies. Unfortunately, the Juno did nothing for me. It was as if I had put olive oil on my face. It did not work well with my foundation. At night it gave me weaker results than any other cream or oil in my rotation. For my ageing, combo skin, this was ineffective. Perhaps it is better on younger or oily skin. For me, it just was not enough. I've found marula oil or argan oil (especially the Josie Maran Argan milk which mixes argan oil and glycerine) more effective.

on 7/26/2016 5:01:00 AM

I'm obsessed with Sunday Riley oils. I have Juno, Luna, Artemis, and I just picked up the UFO oil. I have not tried Flora yet. This is the only oil I use as part of my daytime skin care routine. After I cleanse, exfoliate, tone, and use a serum, I apply the Juno oil and let it sink in. Then I apply my moisturizer and sunscreen. The oil takes a few minutes to sink in. I have combination/dry skin and I use 3 drops. This oil is expensive but I only need a small amount. I like to apply 3 drops to my palm, slide my hands together once to disperse the product but not heat it up. You're paying a fortune for the ingredients and they are cold pressed. If you heat them up, you're breaking down the product. I press my hands to my face and press the oil into my skin. I'm not going to lie, this doesn't smell great. It smells like oregano. Every time I use Juno, it smells like a pizza parlor on my face for a few minutes and then the smell dissipates. I can't deny the results. My skin is clearer and brighter than it's ever been. I used to have peeling patches on my nose and chin but those are gone. My main problem was the amount of full coverage, heavy foundation I had to wear due to my uneven skintone. I work 12 hour shifts and by hour 6 my makeup was caked up above my upper lip and around my chin. I looked like a lizard. It was awful. Since using face oils and a good skincare routine, I use medium coverage foundation and half of what I normally apply. My skin looks flawless with minimal makeup now. I know these oils are very expensive but to me, it's worth the money because I'm using less foundation. I don't need a primer anymore either. I would recommend asking for samples at Sephora and seeing which one works best then just buying one. I never use more than 3 drops a day because I don't want to look greasy. This bottle will last me forever because I use it conservatively.

I really think this is one of the best oils around. I generally use this simply as my moisturiser, or to give a boost underneath a cream.
The fact it has zero essential oils means that it never leaves my skin red or over stimulated and I always feel completely nourished and protected.
It glides on the skin, feeling thick at first but then sinking in completely and just looking healthy and hydrated.
The skin type for this is more 'normal', but I'd recommend this oil to everyone, just using more or less drops depending on your skin.

on 1/19/2017 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is the only SR product I actually like and would repurchase. My skin is sensitive and doesn't get on well with essential oils, so I was very keen to give this ago. I've had no irritation or breakouts from this oil. It's described as a dry oil but is not similar to any other dry oil I've used in the past. Despite that it's not heavy and absorbs quickly. My skin is dry but this gives me enough hydration with just 4 drops. I use this in the PM after cleansing and then apply a tiny bit of jojoba on top to seal everything in. In the AM I use under my sunscreen. It helps Apparently some of the oils in Juno boost any additional SPF you place on top which is great. I'm personally not fussed by the smell, although it does smell pretty herby it fades quickly after application.

Overall I'd highly recommend this - free of essential oils, not heavy and would work well for all skin types.

I have dry, dry skin that's prone to congestion and borderline dehydrated/flaky in winter. Not going to lie this product caught my eye because of the gorgeous packaging, I love the sleek label and glass jar with the dropper it looks so lux. I'm happy to report the product is just as good! When I first got this I loved it so much I was literally slathering my face in it which is totally unnecessary, I feel like the longer I use it the less I need. I've had this since December and have been using it on a pretty regular basis and I've only used 1/4 of the bottle.

It really does give you an "obsession worthy glow", after applying this you look so radiant and healthy, like someone who gets 8 hours of sleep a night and drinks all 8 glasses of water everyday and basically just does their body no wrong.