Sunday Riley Juno Hydroactive Cellular Face Oil

Sunday Riley Juno Hydroactive Cellular Face Oil

Juno Organic Superfood Seed Oil Blend [Rubus Fruticosus (Blackberry) Seed Oil, Vaccinium Corymbosum (Blueberry) Seed Oil, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Rubus Idaeus (Red Raspberry) Seed Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Chardonnay Grape) Seed Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Wild Carrot) Seed Oil, Nigella Sativa (Black Cumin) Seed Oil, Brassica Oleracea Italica (Broccoli) Seed Oil], Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I am in love! I received a sample of this product and applied it to my face with much skepticism. I have not had a great time with face oils in the past. In particular, rosehip oil does not agree with me. This product does not contain rosehip oil and the Mecca girl said that I would find the seed oils less irritating. She was very right.

This oil is just beautiful. I apply 2-3 drops every night over a lactic acid serum and under a night moisturiser and my skin has never been so smooth and supple. It is the only oil I have ever used that has not caused horrible longterm breakouts of cystic acne. The smell is a bit earthy but it has grown on me and I think it is quite pleasant now. The bottle is beautiful and it looks so pretty on my vanity.

This is one that I would buy again. It is hideously expensive but a little bit seems to go a long way. I have had a full size bottle since August (3 months) and I'm only about halfway through it. This is a product that I would request as a christmas/birthday gift as a bit of a luxury item for myself.

Edit to add - I only use this at night because I found that it didn't play well with some of my creamy/liquid foundations. It had a tendency to make the foundation break apart. I find applying this once a day at night is enough for me. It is quite hydrating and twice a day, especially in summer, is too much.

on 11/11/2018 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Obsessed with this! Love it! It’s so good for your skin... This oil smells faintly floral to me. I have super sensitive dry skin and this doesn’t aggravate it. It adds a lot of moisture- you can use it morning and evening but right now I just use it at night. My face feels and looks so much better.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is a oil, it does not contain retinol like Luna or any other agents. It is simply super food seed oils. They are anti oxidant rich, it’s gonna help Nourish the skin deep deep down at a cellular level. That’s what this is, a moisturiser effectively.
It smells like oregano olive oil type of smell, some people that are bonkers put that it smells like cumin which it definitely does NOT lol that’s the weirdest thing I’ve ever heard. Smells like basil and extra virgin olive oil together. It’s mild and smells herbal but it goes away.
All the negative reviews I’ve read are from people who don’t seem to understand what this is. To those who say it was like putting olive oil on the skin, you are right..it’s the same thing.. a pure seed oil. That’s what it’s meant to be like! Except this is made to sink into the skin quickly deep down and not sit on top, it absorbs within 2 minutes and is excellent at deeply moisturising the skin. I have severely dry skin and this gets rid of all patches and when I burnt my face with too high of a retinol dose this was the only thing I could put on it and it soothes the skin and helped it not to have any burn scaring and to heal faster. It was able to hydrate even that badly burn dry crusty skin.

If you go into this realising it’s just a oil so all it’s going to do is hydrate them you won’t be disappointed. It’s deeply nourishing, which in time helps with anti aging because dry = wrinkles. You won’t see a different because it’s happening at a cellular level but you’ll see skin is more plump and patches are gone within the first week

I love it

on 11/20/2017 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This product is pricey however it is totally worth it. I get very dry flaky patches of skin on my face & this is the only product I found that works. I tried aquaphor, jojoba oil, luna oil, and many moisturizers from various brands & they all did nothing for me. I use a few drops of this a night all over my face. It only took a couple of days for my skin to be less dry & all my flaky spots to be gone. This stuff is amazing.

on 10/14/2017 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Overpriced and no difference. I've had much better luck with clarinet oils, and better price point.

on 10/14/2017 7:37:00 PM

I've loved the Luna oil so I had high hopes for this one. I was especially attracted to this because I do not do well with essential oils because of allergies. Unfortunately, the Juno did nothing for me. It was as if I had put olive oil on my face. It did not work well with my foundation. At night it gave me weaker results than any other cream or oil in my rotation. For my ageing, combo skin, this was ineffective. Perhaps it is better on younger or oily skin. For me, it just was not enough. I've found marula oil or argan oil (especially the Josie Maran Argan milk which mixes argan oil and glycerine) more effective.

on 9/24/2017 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

I vacillated a long time over reviewing this product and because of the good reviews, I really feel bad about lowering the score a little on this one. I wanted to test it extensively before doing this review because it is expensive, and I wanted to be sure that I genuinely believe it is as good as I wanted it to be. And it is just really not as great as I was hoping. After testing it for 4 months now, I can't detect an improvement in my skin. Granted, I have been using facial oils for several years now and I have a fairly intense skincare routine, but I think if you're going to be paying over $100 for a face oil, you would want to see some results at least. This was just... okay. I think my little $10 bottle of pure rosehip oil actually produces better results on my aging, dehydrated complexion. That is not the fault of this oil at all, we all have different body chemistry and what works for one person might make another break out. It is light enough for me to use 2 drops mixed with my Stila Stay All Day foundation, to keep cakiness and flakes at bay. If you are thinking of using this oil mainly for it's antioxidant properties and budget is a concern, may I suggest looking into the ridiculously inexpensive and highly effective EUK134 by The Ordinary, and using it in conjunction with something like squalane or rosehip or marula oil to moisturise instead.

on 6/7/2017 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Fab product from Sunday Riley. I was looking for a antioxidant rich moisturizer and decided to give Juno a try (I have dry skin). First, I love the packaging, purely for looks. I'm a sucker for ombres and purple is my favourite color. Admittedly a pump would have been better but a dropper was not a big deal. Second, no essential oils so I didn't have to risk any irritation. Third, I found it super moisturizing, 1-2 small drops were enough to keep my skin happy. Fourth, I used it in combination with DE C-Firma Day Serum, and my skin literally glowed. Healthy, radiant skin, just as it claims.

On a side note I wouldn't consider this a dry oil. It absorbed quickly but definitely did not leave a dry finish. The super dewy look doesn't suit me so if I can skip makeup for the day, a bit of loose powder was needed. Otherwise, sits beautifully under makeup and/or no problem applying under sunscreen. The only thing I wasn't a big fan of is the scent. It's kinda herby or nutty but you get used it in the end. Definitely a product I'd revisit.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love almost all SR products I've tried, but Juno is probably at the top of the list. This is the only oil (and I've tried many) to completely get rid of my dry patches. I did try samples of Juno, and Flora, and although flora is marketed more for dry skin, I found Juno just a moisturizing but it absorbed much quicker. Flora always just felt like it was sitting on top of my face. I use this under makeup in the morning and it works fine (though I suspect it might be an evening oil only for oily skin types, its not super fast drying) and also as my last step at night. My skin is definitely significantly brighter since having added this to my routine. If you're going to try one SR oil, this is the one I'd say is best since it has no essential oils (unlike all her others). Super pricey, but it does do for me what other oils have not, and a 1 oz bottle lasts me about a year.

on 1/19/2017 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is the only SR product I actually like and would repurchase. My skin is sensitive and doesn't get on well with essential oils, so I was very keen to give this ago. I've had no irritation or breakouts from this oil. It's described as a dry oil but is not similar to any other dry oil I've used in the past. Despite that it's not heavy and absorbs quickly. My skin is dry but this gives me enough hydration with just 4 drops. I use this in the PM after cleansing and then apply a tiny bit of jojoba on top to seal everything in. In the AM I use under my sunscreen. It helps Apparently some of the oils in Juno boost any additional SPF you place on top which is great. I'm personally not fussed by the smell, although it does smell pretty herby it fades quickly after application.

Overall I'd highly recommend this - free of essential oils, not heavy and would work well for all skin types.