Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Color

Ultra HD Matte Lip ColorUltra HD Matte Lip Color

3.2

on 9/22/2017 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I saw these on sale in Shopper's Drug Mart, so decided to pick up a couple. I got the shades Romance and Devotion.

I didn't except much from these. But I was surprised on how good they are.

Romance is a bright red with a hint of blue. Very beautiful. You will turn heads with this shade. I received many compliments myself. It also lasts forever. It weathered through a greasy chicken teriyaki lunch and an afternoon pizza snack. I came home to it still looking pretty, with minimal fading around the inside corners of my lip.

Devotion is a medium pink shade, going on the cool side. Quite nice for a neutral lip. This one survived a date day with my boyfriend. Although, it faded after dinner, after we had crispy chili beef and honey chicken.

I would definitely say the dark and intense shades have better longevity than the light ones.

This is not completely matte. More of a semi-matte with a hint of a satin finish. Which I honestly like, because it is less drying. My lips don't end up flaking even after a long day of wear. Unlike true mattes, which dry me out like crazy and make my lips would be shedding flakes left and right.

P.S.
I've been seeing a lot of people struggle with the application and texture.

My advice is, apply in THIN, EVEN LAYERS. Build up slowly using thin layers, waiting around 40 seconds in between coats.

Never ever apply thick layers. A thick layer will cause a goopy mess that will never dry. The end result will be an ugly texture that balls up and stick to itself, because the product underneath didn't have a chance to set or dry.

So wipe the excess on the back of your hand, or on the side of the tube. And apply in thin layers. It needs a little patience to wait in between layers. But, this isn't lipgloss and should not be applied like a lipgloss. Its a liquid lipstick. You can't really rush it, if you want a good end result.

on 9/13/2017 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I agree with the other reviews, these lipsticks texture are not consistent and the lighter shades are not as good as the darker shades. I own a pink shade (flirtation) and a true red shade (Love) and love was so much better than flirtation. Flirtation is a pretty pink shade with warm undertone, but on lips it comes uneven and saturates into the lip lines and the texture is definitely not smooth. It also comes off right away if not dried properly but this is more apparent with flirtation as well. If I leave the lighter shade to dry it will dry my lips while the deeper shade stays creamy and sets evenly. I wouldn't recommend the lighter shades in this collection but the shades deeper than that should be worth it.

on 7/30/2017 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I bought this in 645 Forever. I don't like it. Every time I TRY to wear this I end up wiping it off. It feels good on but it doesn't look good.

The BIGGEST problem is that it goes on patchy and slip and slidy on, so when I apply it I keep wiping off sections with the applicator as I apply to a different section or pass on top of a prior section. Its ridiculous. The consistency is also moussy and can ball up weird if you have lip balm on or if you work it too much (WTF). This also bleeds into the skin around my lips and often gathers in my liplines.

On the bright side it smells ok (Sweet) and its not drying.

Frankly, this product sucks in this particular color at least. It's terrible. I don't know why a brand that carries such an amazing foundation like Colorstay would put out such a terrible product. It's an embarrassment. ANYWAY.

No I would not recommend, shame on Revlon. >:/ To PERHAPS make this work I would have to put on a dry lipliner so that it would grab the lip product so that it would go evenly since IT DOES NOT GO ON EVENLY on its own. Ughh.

I have bought three of these...two darker shades and a lighter shade....I really liked the darker shades (romance, a deep red and kisses, a neutral pink) and I really liked both of them. I bought a third one and decided to try something lighter (embrace, a light pink). The color is very pretty and soft but the formula feels so much drier and no matter what I do it looks a little flaky once on....so I would repurchase the darker colors but not the lighter ones.....

on 8/11/2017 9:44:00 AM

This is absolutely the worst lip product I have ever purchased.Pretty packaging and the good things end there.The texture is lumpy, heavy and resembles creamy lip gloss or melted in the sun creamy eye shadow.This is NOT a matte lipstick. It can not be applied evenly at once without having to re-apply and you have to go over the terrible lumpy streaks the applicator leaves.The amount of liquid the applicator takes out is barely there as if the bottle is empty.Feels smooth but it bleeds all over the lips leaving coloured blotches on the skin around my lips.I bought four and I threw 3 of them almost immediately.I am so disappointed at Revlon for putting out this crappy product and the price is definitely not cheap at $7.99 a piece.A Family Dollar has better quality! Stay away!

I currently have 2 of these (embrace and seduction) and as someone who doesn't wear much lipstick and doesnt mind reapplying if I need to, I think they're great! The wear on them is okay, if you don't lick your lips or if you're wearing it casually and not eating with it on. I find they wear very light, they don't feel sticky or dry or heavy, but they don't feel like they dry down completely. I find they feel like you're wearing more of a gloss and they look more like combination matte/satin finish. I don't find they last long, maybe an hour without touchups and 1-2 hours for reapplying.

on 7/3/2017 6:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have five of these: Romance, Fire, Kisses, Devotion and Flirt. Out of them all, Flirt was the only bad choice-slightly white-based light coral, it's patchy and can settle into liplines. Romance is my holy grail matte red. It can be lightly brushed on as a pinkish red *stain* or applied full on as a beautiful true red. It's amazing. Everyone should own that shade. Fire is a bright red-that sheers down into coral red when applied as a stain-that might be too in the face for some people. Kisses is your perfect nude lip, just enough brown and pink to not make you look like you have dirt on your lips. Devotion is a neutral medium pink that fits just about any look.

Those people who complain about it not being matte, try to blot it down with a tissue or applying with a brush. Too much product on your lips WILL cause it to not dry properly and remain liquid/pill up when dry.

It's matte, stains my lips in a good way and gives HE matte lipsticks a run for their money. It smells faintly of vanilla but it fades away as soon as you apply it.

The package is a bit dumb, the sponge applicator is very hard and the head is very big and rounded, making it difficult to control application straight out of the tube. I use a lipbrush at first and then touch up using the applicator wand. That fixes the problem.

For what it's worth (8$+ up here in Canada) it's a great product that I will keep repurchasing.

on 7/2/2017 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This stuff is pretty good. It's like a matte gloss that isn't sticky or goopy. Very comfortable to wear. I really love it.

I just love this liquid lipstick! So I made a review about this beautiful Revlon Lipcolor! <3
it's moisturising, it kind of dries down and gives you a nice finish!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Blech. In all honesty, this is probably the worst product I have ever tried from the drug store. The colors look pretty and flattering in the tube, and even when swatched they seem really nice, but they are downright disgusting on the lips. The top layer kind of balled up and left an unflattering stain underneath too. This is a very hard pass for me.