REVLON Ultra HD Matte Lip Color

REVLON Ultra HD Matte Lip Color

3.2

on 9/24/2018 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

overall: 6.5/10

This is a decent lip product, but I think it's overpriced (RRP is $25 in Australia - Revlon is very expensive here). I have 2 shades, Passion and Intensity. Passion is a deep, cool-toned red, and Intensity is a fuchsia. I prefer Intensity because the very light formula lends itself better to lighter/brighter colours. This is a liquid lipstick of sorts, but more of a lip cream in practice. It's very lightweight, which I appreciate, but this does mean it's difficult to build up to opaque colour. When you have a darker shade like PAssion, it can look a bit patchy unless you apply very carefully. It is a little drying, but nothing unbearable.

Packaging is nice, a frosted plastic tube with a silver lid. Haven't had any issues with leaking.

I would purchase more shades if they were on sale.

on 8/8/2018 2:34:00 PM

I saw this in my local CVS and couldn't wait to try it on! The shade range with this product is AMAZING, but unfortunately, I was not as happy once I put the product on.
I'm not sure why it's called "matte" lipcolor. There is nothing matte about this product! I left a thin veil-y swatch on my arm and one coat on my lips for 45~ minutes and it was still very moist. If you kiss someone with this product on your lips, expect them to have a perfect replica of your lips -- albeit in a different color -- on them. I repeat, this lip will NOT DRY and is very MOISTURIZED. NOT MATTE at all.
The smell is strange, almost chemical, and somehow reminds me of some sort of candy. Since your lips are, hopefully, right below your nose, you will be smelling this odd smell as long as you have the lip on. It will NOT go away since the product does not matte-ify or dry down in any way, shape, or form.
Overall, I wouldn't buy this product again. For now, I use it to add dimension when I wear a darker nude/rosy mocha lip color. I dab a few dots in the middle of my bottom lip and blend it. It works alright for that, but I will not be purchasing again, trust me!

on 7/12/2018 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I didn’t like this product for a couple of reasons. First they cloyingly sweet sugary bubblegum fragrance. For me the fragrance was a bit hard to get past and made me think this was more suited for a young girl. Second, this isn’t really matte. It’s just a regular cream finish lipstick. I have a few matte liquid lipsticks and this is by far the worst. This also doesn’t set, ever. Be prepared for this to transfer onto anything that touches your lips. Would not buy again, product fail and a waste of money.

I bought two of these. A straight-up matte and a metallic matte. The colors are very nice, but one was too warmish pink for me. It looked a bit cooler in the tube than it did on my lips. The metallic matte lipstick was a mauvish pink, which was much better for my skin color. I really like this shade, and it works well for my cool/neutral coloring.

These never really set on my lips. They also have a very fruity flavor and smell, which I find okay, but if you are sensitive to fragrance, it may be a no-go. I find that they are not as drying as many matte lipsticks I've tried and they don't crumble and fall off like those ones did, but I do find that it doesn't last very long. Especially after I eat. When I drink a cup of coffee or a glass of wine, lipstick is left all over the cups and glasses. This is after I've given the product plenty of time to dry.

I like the packaging and the wand that comes with them. Easy to use and attractive.

All in all, these aren't too bad for a DS product. I think it's a bit misleading to call them matte, as they are not a true matte, but the formula is tolerable and the color selection is quite nice. YMMV.

on 6/22/2018 11:55:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Although this is meant to be an ultra matte product, it actually isn’t. I knew this having swatched the product and reading reviews. I have this in shade seduction , a MLBB shade for me. It goes on smoothly and is really moisturising with a very natural looking sheen. The packaging is beautiful, very sleek and the applicator delivers just enough product to coat my lips. It’s not particularly long wearing, but that’s something that doesn’t particularly bother me. I would repurchase this and am keen to explore other shades.

I really liked this product. It is not as matt as it claims but I felt that the slightly more dewy finish was nice. It is very long wearing and there are an array of nice bright colours. I would buy this again.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Terrible stuff. Mine was clumpy and inconsistent. There were gloops of pink sludge then clearish pink liquid that separated further the 1 time I wore it. Returned it.

on 4/27/2018 11:37:00 AM

This is heavily scented but I love the scent. I wanted to find a matte lipstick and ventured into this. But this is hardly matte but it’s still a winner as I love the effect a lot. It dries down to a comfortable velvet finish and even after hours of wear it does not look bad. I realised over time matte does not suit my lips ( lip lines ) and it’s too dramatic . This is so much better and I love the 4 colors I colllected over time especially seduction

I am delighted with this lipstick. I did not expect it to be ultra matte as it says 'metallic'. I definitely would not describe this as a gloss and it doesn't have the stickiness of a gloss. It has a lovely feel and unlike a lot of matte lipsticks it is not drying. Nice packaging with an easy-to-use applicator. Really.impressed with this product, I will be buying another colour.

on 2/5/2018 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got the color 690 HD Gleam. It's a sheer, dusty pink with a nude undertone and fine golden shimmer - on me, it comes out peachy. Right away, as other people have said too: it's NOT a "metallic matte" - it's not metallic, and it's not matte either. It's a shimmery lip gloss with no tackiness, and it will never dry down to a matte. I was kinda prepared for this though, as I read reviews beforehand. I don't think this is a bad product, but Revlon should definitely change the marketing of it - just be honest about what the actual product is, and maybe the reviews would be better.

The metallic colors are perfect for those who want a toned-down shimmer. This is definitely shimmery, but the particles are fine and look very classy on the lips IMO. There is not grittiness and the gloss itself is quite moisturizing. On me, it doesn't exaggerate flakiness, which I'm quite happy about. It has a plum smell and a slightly sweet taste, which is fine. It's not very long lasting because of its texture: it's thin, with no stickiness or grip.

I'm not sure I would buy this again, but I don't regret the purchase either. There's noting special about this lip gloss, but it fills a niche for me, of a nude, modern shimmery lip product