Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Color

Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Color
Ultra HD Matte Lip ColorUltra HD Matte Lip Color

3.2

on 11/15/2017 5:26:00 PM

I wanted to get this product as something fun, since I don't have a lot of fun colors in my makeup collection and the color seemed promising. I got the dark blue.

When I first put it on it was very sheer. It took about three times of putting a layer on, waiting for it to dry, and then putting another layer on to get close to full coverage. It doesn't come out as matte, but instead of more like a gloss. Along with this, the drying time is not optimal, for it takes about 5-8 minutes for it to dry.

On the plus side: Once full coverage is achieved, the product looks very nice, stylish, and more like an upper end product.

I think this product is good to have in your makeup collection as a fun item for a party or hanging out with friends, but I doubt it is usable as a full-day, every-day lipstick.

I purchased two of these on sale. First, to be clear, these are not matte. They are satin at best. Second, they do not dry down. They're more akin to how a lip gloss performs, just with a different finish. Third, they look patchy and uneven on their own. I am using them as toppers on lipliner or liquid lipstick to shift the colour or add a metallic sheen to it. Overall, they're ok, but had I known they weren't true matte, I likely wouldn't have bought them.

on 10/15/2017 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Left me with an allergic reaction reaction

Slight flavouring and parfum
Grainy and not even in application

Would not reaconmebt at all

on 9/22/2017 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I saw these on sale in Shopper's Drug Mart, so decided to pick up a couple. I got the shades Romance and Devotion.

I didn't except much from these. But I was surprised on how good they are.

Romance is a bright red with a hint of blue. Very beautiful. You will turn heads with this shade. I received many compliments myself. It also lasts forever. It weathered through a greasy chicken teriyaki lunch and an afternoon pizza snack. I came home to it still looking pretty, with minimal fading around the inside corners of my lip.

Devotion is a medium pink shade, going on the cool side. Quite nice for a neutral lip. This one survived a date day with my boyfriend. Although, it faded after dinner, after we had crispy chili beef and honey chicken.

I would definitely say the dark and intense shades have better longevity than the light ones.

This is not completely matte. More of a semi-matte with a hint of a satin finish. Which I honestly like, because it is less drying. My lips don't end up flaking even after a long day of wear. Unlike true mattes, which dry me out like crazy and make my lips would be shedding flakes left and right.

P.S.
I've been seeing a lot of people struggle with the application and texture.

My advice is, apply in THIN, EVEN LAYERS. Build up slowly using thin layers, waiting around 40 seconds in between coats.

Never ever apply thick layers. A thick layer will cause a goopy mess that will never dry. The end result will be an ugly texture that balls up and stick to itself, because the product underneath didn't have a chance to set or dry.

So wipe the excess on the back of your hand, or on the side of the tube. And apply in thin layers. It needs a little patience to wait in between layers. But, this isn't lipgloss and should not be applied like a lipgloss. Its a liquid lipstick. You can't really rush it, if you want a good end result.

on 9/28/2017 3:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I only have this in one shade (Kisses), but I have really come to love this, mainly due to the longevity and light feel. It did take me a few attempts to get the application right though. I had the same problems a lot of other people were having - Uneven, streaking, too liquidy feeling etc.

The following application routine worked for me with this shade. I have no idea if it'd work with another shade for me or anyone else, as we all have our own desired goals when wearing make-up.

I apply the product as best as I can to my lips and don't worry too much about streaking/unevenness etc. Then I rub my lips together which blends it all in and distributes everything a lot more evenly. If I need a little more at this point, I apply and repeat. Then I lightly blot. Not a full lip blot. Just the quick blot where you smack the outer edges of your top and bottom lip on a tissue. Then I rub my lips together one last time and voila. I'm happy.

This color lasts on my lips forever, even after drinking hot coffee. It doesn't dry them out at all either. I love it. The effort to make it look natural is worth it for me considering how long the color lasts and that I don't have to reapply right after drinking/eating.

on 9/13/2017 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I agree with the other reviews, these lipsticks texture are not consistent and the lighter shades are not as good as the darker shades. I own a pink shade (flirtation) and a true red shade (Love) and love was so much better than flirtation. Flirtation is a pretty pink shade with warm undertone, but on lips it comes uneven and saturates into the lip lines and the texture is definitely not smooth. It also comes off right away if not dried properly but this is more apparent with flirtation as well. If I leave the lighter shade to dry it will dry my lips while the deeper shade stays creamy and sets evenly. I wouldn't recommend the lighter shades in this collection but the shades deeper than that should be worth it.

on 7/30/2017 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I bought this in 645 Forever. I don't like it. Every time I TRY to wear this I end up wiping it off. It feels good on but it doesn't look good.

The BIGGEST problem is that it goes on patchy and slip and slidy on, so when I apply it I keep wiping off sections with the applicator as I apply to a different section or pass on top of a prior section. Its ridiculous. The consistency is also moussy and can ball up weird if you have lip balm on or if you work it too much (WTF). This also bleeds into the skin around my lips and often gathers in my liplines.

On the bright side it smells ok (Sweet) and its not drying.

Frankly, this product sucks in this particular color at least. It's terrible. I don't know why a brand that carries such an amazing foundation like Colorstay would put out such a terrible product. It's an embarrassment. ANYWAY.

No I would not recommend, shame on Revlon. >:/ To PERHAPS make this work I would have to put on a dry lipliner so that it would grab the lip product so that it would go evenly since IT DOES NOT GO ON EVENLY on its own. Ughh.

I have bought three of these...two darker shades and a lighter shade....I really liked the darker shades (romance, a deep red and kisses, a neutral pink) and I really liked both of them. I bought a third one and decided to try something lighter (embrace, a light pink). The color is very pretty and soft but the formula feels so much drier and no matter what I do it looks a little flaky once on....so I would repurchase the darker colors but not the lighter ones.....

on 8/11/2017 9:44:00 AM

This is absolutely the worst lip product I have ever purchased.Pretty packaging and the good things end there.The texture is lumpy, heavy and resembles creamy lip gloss or melted in the sun creamy eye shadow.This is NOT a matte lipstick. It can not be applied evenly at once without having to re-apply and you have to go over the terrible lumpy streaks the applicator leaves.The amount of liquid the applicator takes out is barely there as if the bottle is empty.Feels smooth but it bleeds all over the lips leaving coloured blotches on the skin around my lips.I bought four and I threw 3 of them almost immediately.I am so disappointed at Revlon for putting out this crappy product and the price is definitely not cheap at $7.99 a piece.A Family Dollar has better quality! Stay away!

I currently have 2 of these (embrace and seduction) and as someone who doesn't wear much lipstick and doesnt mind reapplying if I need to, I think they're great! The wear on them is okay, if you don't lick your lips or if you're wearing it casually and not eating with it on. I find they wear very light, they don't feel sticky or dry or heavy, but they don't feel like they dry down completely. I find they feel like you're wearing more of a gloss and they look more like combination matte/satin finish. I don't find they last long, maybe an hour without touchups and 1-2 hours for reapplying.