Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Color

Ultra HD Matte Lip ColorUltra HD Matte Lip Color

3.2

on 2/5/2018 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got the color 690 HD Gleam. It's a sheer, dusty pink with a nude undertone and fine golden shimmer - on me, it comes out peachy. Right away, as other people have said too: it's NOT a "metallic matte" - it's not metallic, and it's not matte either. It's a shimmery lip gloss with no tackiness, and it will never dry down to a matte. I was kinda prepared for this though, as I read reviews beforehand. I don't think this is a bad product, but Revlon should definitely change the marketing of it - just be honest about what the actual product is, and maybe the reviews would be better.

The metallic colors are perfect for those who want a toned-down shimmer. This is definitely shimmery, but the particles are fine and look very classy on the lips IMO. There is not grittiness and the gloss itself is quite moisturizing. On me, it doesn't exaggerate flakiness, which I'm quite happy about. It has a plum smell and a slightly sweet taste, which is fine. It's not very long lasting because of its texture: it's thin, with no stickiness or grip.

I'm not sure I would buy this again, but I don't regret the purchase either. There's noting special about this lip gloss, but it fills a niche for me, of a nude, modern shimmery lip product

on 2/3/2018 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

It's not really matte as it says. I feel it never dries in the mouth. The color I own "Passion" is beautiful, it looks like coming from French perfume commercial and I feel really beautiful with this lipstick. Worth the try but keep in mind it is not matte. The packaging is beautiful and very useful.

on 1/31/2018 10:02:00 AM

I'm not very satisfied with this product. It's not actually matte, I think it's a bit shiny. Colour is darker than I thought. I really like a brush and packaging.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So I do not know why they advertise this product as a “matte”. I bought two of these liquid-lips and they applied very streaky and low in pigment. They left a glossy finished that transferred onto everything. I would use this over a full pigment liquid lip, but not on its own.

on 1/16/2018 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love these! The colors are beautiful. They are soft and lasting but not drying on my lips. No they are not super matte and dry but so what. They look beautiful on the lip. I have 4 of these in different colors and even though I do have the high end renowned liquid mat lippies, these are the ones I reach for. When I want them to last longer I fill in the lip with liner first and then get a longer lasting beautiful lip. If I could give these 10 stars I would. Did I mention the reasonable price?

on 1/16/2018 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I really wasn’t enamoured with this product. It has a strange, gooey consistency - felt a lot like wearing an oil pastel on my lips. The colour payoff was initially very good, but ended up patchy fairly quickly. Would not repurchase.

on 1/9/2018 12:18:00 AM

I like these, I have 3, a violet, a coral and a nude. They are not a matte liquid lipstick and that’s a plus. They are comfortable, pigmented, long wearing. Apply in thin layers, let it dry a little and these are great lip products. They aren’t a super long wear matte, they are a nice cream that doesn’t dry my lips and doesn’t flake off, rather wearing more like a lipstick does. I like the colour range, the cupcake smell and the way these wear.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love how well these stay on my lips. Whenever I eat though, the color wears away a little, seems discolored, and you can clearly see how chapped my lips are. However, these stay on much better than any of my lipsticks I own! Even though there are some cons, I still want to purchase these in every color. I love how they look for the first few hours and just know that you need to reapply throughout the day.

I purchased two of these on sale. First, to be clear, these are not matte. They are satin at best. Second, they do not dry down. They're more akin to how a lip gloss performs, just with a different finish. Third, they look patchy and uneven on their own. I am using them as toppers on lipliner or liquid lipstick to shift the colour or add a metallic sheen to it. Overall, they're ok, but had I known they weren't true matte, I likely wouldn't have bought them.

on 11/15/2017 5:26:00 PM

I wanted to get this product as something fun, since I don't have a lot of fun colors in my makeup collection and the color seemed promising. I got the dark blue.

When I first put it on it was very sheer. It took about three times of putting a layer on, waiting for it to dry, and then putting another layer on to get close to full coverage. It doesn't come out as matte, but instead of more like a gloss. Along with this, the drying time is not optimal, for it takes about 5-8 minutes for it to dry.

On the plus side: Once full coverage is achieved, the product looks very nice, stylish, and more like an upper end product.

I think this product is good to have in your makeup collection as a fun item for a party or hanging out with friends, but I doubt it is usable as a full-day, every-day lipstick.

Popular Lipsticks