St. Moritz-Self Tanning Mousse

I echo the prior reviewer - this works just as well as the brand name version! I’m on my 3rd bottle. Dark but natural looking (not orange), applies evenly using a mit and doesn’t smell as much as the other self tanners I’ve used (still smells, I think that’s unavoidable)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This self tanning mousse works as well as St. Tropez without the huge price tag. I paid less than $10 for the St. Moritz mousse and the tanning mitt on Amazon. It comes from the UK and the shipping was pretty quick. I ordered the medium rather than dark because I only wanted the faintest glow, not a deep tan. I live in Florida and none of the natives here lie out in the sun, but we still go to the beach on occasion and it's nice to have a bit of color when you wear a swimsuit. I only use this mousse on my legs because the rest of me gets some color just from being outside in the strong Florida sunlight. I wanted my legs to match the rest of me, hence the self-tanner. This mousse goes on smoothly and blends very easily and dries pretty quickly. Prior to using this mousse, I use an exfoliating scrub on my legs, feet and knees and always shave my legs. I make sure my skin is completely dry before applying the mousse. I use two pumps for each of my calves and two for my thighs. The mitt is very helpful in blending the mousse and, with a latex glove underneath, keeps my hands clean. I love everything about this mousse, especially the price. It has great reviews on Amazon and it was super cheap, so I had to give it a try. I paid $42 for St. Tropez at Sephora and I have to say that in a blind test, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the two. This mousse also has no offensive odor so it's ideal for those sensitive to the traditional self-tanner smell. Prior to discovering St. Moritz, I was using Jergens Natural Glow gradual self tanner, but I could never get it even and it took forever to show up. Because it is a white lotion, you can't tell exactly where you're putting it so the coverage is often spotty. St. Moritz is tinted so you can see exactly where it's going. You can rinse the tint off after 3 hours or leave it on until the next time you shower. St. Moritz also doesn't stain clothing once its dry. It wears off evenly but lasts at least a full week, which is more than I can say for St. Tropez. Obviously the two brands have the same exact ingredients but St. Moritz is priced for mere mortals. There's no reason to pay an exorbitant price for a decent self-tanning mousse because St. Moritz has got you covered. If you don't believe me, check out the stellar Amazon reviews. Without the mitt, St. Moritz costs about $7 so you can't go wrong. I'm sure you'll be as impressed with the results as I've been. If you just want a touch of color, order medium. But if you want deeper, darker tan, order the dark shade. Either way, you'll love it, I promise. I want to spread the word about this fantastic dupe so no one will waste $42 on St. Tropez like I did (silly me). I do wait for it to wear off before I do another coat because two coats is far too dark for me. St. Moritz is not orange at all and the medium shade imparts a nice bronze glow to my very light skin. Just be sure you're well moisturizing your feet and knees and other areas that have thicker, drier skin prior to using this mousse, otherwise those problem areas will absorb too much of the product and turn out too dark. St. Moritz is by far the best self tanner I've ever used. I'm so happy that I've found the perfect dupe for St. Tropez. I've repurchased St. Moritz a few times now and am hoping it will always be available on Amazon. Coming from the UK I would have expected it to be more expensive but I'm very happy it's within my budget and that it works so amazingly well. It also lasts a lot longer than St. Tropez because I need to use less of it and the bottle is slightly larger. I will never buy Jergens again, lol! I highly recommend St. Moritz for anyone who has shelled out for St. Tropez and is tired of spending a small fortune. I also recommend it for the Jergens users who have had the same problems of application and waiting time as I've had (also I've found it a little orange, tbh). Check out St. Mortiz on Amazon and go ahead and order it. You won't be sorry and you'll have a beautiful healthy looking bronze glow to show for it.