Aramis Calligraphy Rose

4.6

This to me is a heavenly rose fragrance! I adore everything about this and as a rose lover this is right up my alley. I like how it is definitely a rose centered perfume but the rose is not sickly sweet at all. At first it is like wow you smell the rose but then they dry down starts and to me that is so enjoyable in this perfume. As this settles into the skin the myrrh,frankincense, and other resins start to work their magic making this even more delicious to wear. I really like labdanum and this has a nice dose that really makes this smell lovely! It turns into to me the most delicious rose incense perfume.

I also like the price point and how readily you can find this but I don't get why this was discontinued?!?! This perfume to me is so wonderful so I will be buying backups. In terms of sillage and longevity it amazes me! This stays on my skin till the next day. Clothes longer so the longevity is crazy good! For sillage I'd say this can be very heavy for some for me I'd say it is heavy but I actually like that. I only need a few sprays to achieve a good scent trail. I don't douse myself in this I just use about 4 sprays and it stays perfect.

I love how the resins surround the rose in this perfume. It feels like the rose isn't overwhelmed or overshadowed to me it's a perfect balance.I also enjoy how their is a sweetness but it's tempered. This truly is a great perfume! I like to wear this in any weather except super hot as on me it could project too much like Narciso's scents do so I think this is perfect for up to early Summer where I live. I don't like weather or age constraints in a scent so I just wear this when I want and am happy. I think this is great for formal occasions too.

I love CR and would recommend it to any rose lover who likes a good perfume or enjoys balsamic scents. To me this is everything I'm looking for in a perfume. It's not too sweet or to clean from the lavender it literally to me is a big beautiful rose surrounded by resins and it is lovely!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Wow, I'm so grateful to the swapper who sent me this. It's fabulous. Strongly incense rose with powdered wood notes, lasts all day, feels like a real incense on me. I adore it, bought the whole bottle. It's also super cheap online, and I even like the bottle with its heavy square top and basic, clean lines. A real surprise at this price point, rivaling my other favorite incense rose, Maroc pour Elle.

Stunningly gorgeous fragrance. The rose is a rich turkish-type rose with bulgarian rose notes as well. Original, gorgeously blended, complex, multiple layers, many variations of drydown. Most common development is to start as slightly smoky rose top with smoke and a barely sweet amber base, plus something a little green, herbal adding complexity. As it dries down, the sweet base aspect usually moves up on the ladder, as well as the rose. If there's oud, or the pretend-oud currently hitting all the markets, it is light, maybe part of the herbal/smoky layer. There's also a soft, sweet, warm sweater/70's musk in this, and something freshly green/citric, almost like a green tea note, or the warm and green and clean aspect of green tea fragrances. Sometimes there has been very little sweetness, and much more of a feeling of patchouli/wood-y/oud-y, which I would guess was "saffron" in this. There's definitely vanilla, or something sweet, and I can parse out a resinous, sweet, and sometimes powdery amber instead of straight vanilla sometimes. Sometimes I get a waft of lavender - at varying points in drydown, a clean sweater freshness. This seems made with beautiful ingrediants, is a pleasure to wear, and makes me curious about the other Aramis Calligraphy scents. Bottle ravishing!

Beautiful bottle and allegedly equally beautiful scent. Unfortunately, on me is is underwhelming. The scent doesn't last but one hour. It's meh all the way.

Notes (from Fragrantica): Top notes are oregano, saffron and honeysuckle; middle notes are turkish rose, myrrh, styrax and lavender; base notes are labdanum, musk, ambergris and olibanum.

This is one of the most interesting and beautifully blended scents in my collection, hands down. I bought it blind, based on the lovely reviews and recommendations on three different forums (Fragrantica included!). It is a sweet, smoky, rosy, sultry concoction and I am LOVING it on my skin today. The bottle is heavy and classy, the scent is long-lasting but not a slap in the face. It's rose--but a soft rose. It's powdery--but not baby powdery. It's resinous and tickles the nose a bit, and that is quite alright with me! I get a hint of the saffron in there, which just keeps things interesting. Myrrh, rose, and musk together make the most delightful combination!
Smells like a million bucks, but can be found for much much less! Definitely one of my best blind buys.
(crosspost)