Kose Sekkisei Sun Protect Essence Gel SPF50+/PA++++

Kose Sekkisei Sun Protect Essence Gel SPF50+/PA++++

on 12/4/2017 10:00:00 AM

I’m on the fence about whether to give this 4 or 5 stars because it’s an excellent product that’s too moisturizing for my skin type, but I can see how it would be a HG for someone with drier skin. It never causes breakouts for me even if I use it every day. (Biore and Senka both make me break out) It’s a watery opaque gel that’s highly moisturizing. It’s heavy on my combination skin during summer, but in winter the extra moisture is nice. It leaves a dewy finish on me, and that’s fine on no-makeup days, but I have trouble applying makeup over it. It’s not a HG for me, but because it’s a moisturizing sunscreen that doesn’t cause breakouts I expect to finish the tube, and possibly repurchase. (EDIT) It's now the middle of winter with temperatures below freezing and really dry air, and I'm using this sunscreen all the time and am really glad to have it. In this weather it goes on easily and sits well under makeup, and the long-lasting moisturizing effects are very welcome. I'm revising my rating from a 4 to a 5, with the caveat that although it's not a one-size-fits-all sunscreen for every skin type and situation, it's amazing for very dry skin or dry weather.

on 10/19/2015 6:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is the best Japanese suncreen i've ever used. I just falled in love with the texture and smell. This is my daily must skincare before going to office or any morning/afternoon sports activities.
The texture is kinda gel and smell so good, leaving your skin fresh and light.
It also anti-melanine and prevent aging. I never feel dry using it, and i use it daily after all the skincare.I just can direcly washed my face using foam cleanser without needed any cleansing oil after any activities.
Even it a bit pricey, but really worthed it.