Urban Decay Vice 4

Urban Decay Vice 4
Vice 4UD Vice 4

3.9

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

There are some things I really like about this palette, but there are also some downsides. The mattes are high quality, similar to the ones in other UD mixed finish palettes, and the shimmery shades are amazing. The main problem with this palette is that the setup and selection of shades is a little weird. There are some neutrals, some darks, and some brights, but there's not really any kind of cohesive setup to guide users into nice eye looks. Some brands put coordinating shadows in columns, and I believe that UD has done this on some other bigger palettes, but the way this palette is laid out doesn't really inspire much creativity in me personally. I look at it and see pretty individual shades, but it is hard to look at it and say "oh, put these two colors together on the lid and this one in the crease." I consider myself an advanced makeup user and I know how to make different types of eye looks, but the jumble of colors confuses my brain a little bit and makes it harder. My favorite shades in the palette are Grip, Grasshopper, Robbery, Bitter, Flame, and Low. The rest are okay in terms of quality and wearability, but they don't really thrill me. The outer packaging on the palette is pretty, but the holographic cutout overlay is pretty high above the actual lid of the palette, so it is impossible to keep clean. I love the makeup bag that the palette came in, which sort of redeems the less than perfect packaging for me. Overall, if you're a UD shadow lover or a palette collector then this is a nice palette, but on its own it might be a little underwhelming.

on 3/3/2017 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Nice palette with a good range of colours but I only use two or three of them unfortunately. A lot of the shades have bad fallout and apply darker than what they look in the pan.

on 1/17/2017 3:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This palette is full of gorgeous colours.
As with all Urban Decay (UD) eye shadows, the quality is first class. Amazing pigment, solid colour payoffs and lasts all day without creasing or fading.
The colours themselves are absolutely stunning. Really beautiful jewel tones. There are also three pretty, work-appropriate light colours for all over lid.
As much as I love this palette, I hardly ever use it because it's just not work appropriate. I really only use the three pale colours and occasionally will use the other ones on the crease if I use a light hand and blend with other colours or just use them as pop of colour/feature. But, not very often. They're just a bit too bright and bold for me to get away with. Shame, because they're beautiful and really great quality. I find myself reaching for the naked3 palette over this one most mornings.
The brush it came with is pretty good quality.
Overall, I'm glad I have this palette. The colours are beautiful and it's great to have so many colour options- definitely one for every outfit and occasion!

on 5/4/2016 9:27:00 PM

Ok so I waited for reviews and thoughts before I bought into this palette until i swatched FLAME. Oh my god I had never seen a color like it and I thought I'm never gonna see this palette again I have to get it. Luckily I had got in on sale on Sephora's website at the time it was $39 instead of $60!

I had accidentally dropped it the second day and some of the pans fell which I was slightly disappointed cause my Vice 2 didn't do that.

Mattes: Bitter (slightly powdery; warm medium brown), Discreet (smooth beige-y pink), Framed (light apricot)
Satin: Bones (a little powdery), 1985 (bright fuchsia), Underhand (royal purple), Harlot (lilac), Robbery (silver with a pink undertone)
Shimmers: Fastball (chunky, shimmery warm toned pink), Grasshopper (stunning bright green), C-Note (teal with monochromatic shimmer), Beat Down (smooth deep purple with purple shimmer)
Glitters: FLAME (Orange with gold shimmer/glitter), Grip (taupey-grey with monochromatic glitter), Low (smokey purple with silver glitter), Arctic (turquiose with silver glitter looks different in the pan), Crowbar (grey with gold reflect/glitter), Pandemonium (purple with sliver/purple/pink glitter THESE WILL HAVE FALLOUT

on 9/22/2016 11:54:00 AM

My favorite vice pallette. No, they are not for everyone, but they exceed the quality of the utterly overpriced Naked palettes. If I'm going to be paying roundabouts of ~60$ for a product, it better knock my socks off. Vice 4 does.

Unfortunately it is by far the ugliest packaging of all of the vice pallettes but we won't talk about that, let's focus on the actual quality of the product. The eye shadows are buttery, smooth, and highly pigmented, and I love the unique color congruity in Vice 4. I would keep buying this over and over and over simply for the color "Flame." Holy goodness. But real talk, as long as you are open to color, there isn't any shade that I find to be a "throw away" color that the palette could do without. When I'm feeling brave I love using the teal shades paired with Delete (the dark matte brown) as my transition shade for a really awesome smoky mermaid look. Fastball (bubblegum pink) is another huge winner and goes well with the purples and Browns. I love using it combined with Flame to make my eyes look like a glittery sunset. I can't say enough about the colors, I really love them and find myself getting use out of them all even though of course I prefer the tamer shades for an every day look. You can still find ways to incorporate some of the bolder shades into a wearable, pretty, smooth, and polished looking eye.

Because the shadows are very smooth you would think, naturally, there would be problems with fallout, but I didn't find it to be an issue whatsoever. (It should be noted that I don't use the brush that comes packaged with the palette---I don't think it's very good.) overall I am incredibly pleased and this is my go to palette for when I want to be funky and when I don't want to be as well.

I have but one small complaint: I wish there were more matte shades. I am a literal glitter junkie and yet this is a little overkill for me. A matte purple would have been nice! That's the only thing I would change. Nevertheless, this thing is still my baby and I have so much fun with it.

on 9/14/2016 6:52:00 PM

This is such a beautiful eye shadow palette, the colors are amazing and very bright! Like all Urban Decay shadows, there is fallout so leave the concealer and foundation for the end of your routine.

I received this palette for Christmas and I am an urban decay fan. I already own Vice 3 and all the naked palettes but this one is my favourite. I've found this to be the most versatile you can create nice nude looks but also vibrant ones and mixtures of the two. There is just something more wow for me about this than the others and I find myself reaching for this one most often. Urban decay eyeshadows have long been a favourite for me as I find them the longest wearing. The packaging of this item is also amazing and whilst expensive the amount of eyeshadows make up for it along with the pouch that could be used as a separate make up bag.

on 3/7/2016 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I am UD fan. I have a quite a number of their palettes. For the last few years, i found them to be less interesting. Then came Vice 4.

This palette has restored some of the faith and excitement I'd lost with some recent UD palettes. Let me start with the 3 money shades - Bitter, Framed and Delete. They are love.

Bitter is a matte warm orange brown. When I thought UD couldn't come up with new shades, guess what, they hit it out of the park with this. It blends like butter. This shade is a superb transition shade and could blend out any smokey eye and any of those crazy glitter shades I'll get to in a minute.

Framed is a light warm butter cream satin shade that works well in the highlight/brow bone area.

Delete is a cool tone chocolate shade that has some gold shimmer. The shimmer is minimal and could work on the outer corner or the entire lid.

These 3 shades can be used alone or with the bright shades on the lid or lower lash line. They make the brighter colours more wearable. Its not often that you get an UD 20 e/s palette with shades to complete the entire eyelook. With other UD palattes (yes anniversary palettes BOS III and IV- I'm talking about you) I would still have to reach for matte basic shades in other palettes.

I heard pple ragging on Flame. Here's what, its shimmery as a MF, it has fallout like nobody's business but it's gorgeous a hell. Its worth it. Its an peachy orange with gold flecks. It looks pinker at some angles. Its like NARS Orgasm had and adopted cousin e/s.

Robbery needs a special mention too. Its like a well behaved, no fall out version of MCRA. Love it.

Low, Pandemonium, Harlot and Crobar are nice as well.

Grip is the only shade that really under performed to me. Its supposed to be a glittery light wash of grey but its dry and not very pigmented. But who cares? Its not the type of shade I'd reach for anyway.

The packaging is not the best. I don't care for shiny plastic containers but that's just my personal preference.

Also I got this on sale at Beauty.com for $39. What a score! This palette looks crazy but it seems like some crazy genius minds put this together. Well played UD. Well played.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a great eyeshadow palette. I own quite a few UD eyeshadows and palettes and apart from the Naked Basic palettes. I usually turn to UD for something different for my collection. I actually prefer UD eyeshadows to MAC however reach for MAC more for everyday colours. The Vice 4 palette contains a variation of colours with mostly satin, shimmer and glittery finishes. What I love about this palette is that the shimmery shades do not lack in quality and pigmentation - in particular Robbery. Sometimes the quality of palettes can be lacking and the shades can appear too frosty or not pigmented enough but this is great. I think UD encourages people to be more experimental with colour and definitely inspires me to play with colour more instead of playing it safe. There are some amazing shades in this palette in particular; C-Note, Robbery, Flame, Grasshopper, Pandemonium and Beat Down. I would definitely recommend this to people looking for something different and looking to add a pop of colour to their eye looks.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I try. I really do try to be a huge fan of Urban Decay. I'm just not. I don't mind it and I use it still. I keep hoping that one day I will put it on and it will be like magic. --Magic that it goes on smooth, lasts and the same colour that goes on the brushes goes onto my face. One day it might happen, right? Vice 4 was on sale so I bought it. I got sucked in by the vibrant colours arranged oh so prettily. It's fine when put to the actual test. The package is large and lovely on the inside (which makes up for the cheap and tacky outside.) I usually work with MUFE or Mac or Stila blended with these colours, to ensure the longevity and pigmentation. I find the additional products help make up for some of the coarse feeling UD colours that are in this palette. I wouldn't buy it again but it's okay to have. I'm glad I got it on sale.