Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Blur Primer

Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Blur Primer

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Fragrance, Zea Mays Oil/Corn Oil, Prunus Armeniaca, Kernel Oil/Apricot Kernel Oil, Passiflora Edulis Oil/Passiflora Edulis Seed Oil, Oryza Sativa Bran Oil/Rice Bran Oil, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Silica, Tin Oxide, [ /- May Contain, Ci 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491/Iron Oxides].

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have slightly oily skin, mostly on my nose, and this increased the wear time in my makeup longer than I would have expected to. I love that it has a see through bottle with a pump dispenser, and it usually takes two to cover my whole face. It feels close to a silicone primer, but I think it feels a tiny bit nicer because it sinks in and spreads really nicely and you notice immediately the blurring effect. There will be gold sparkles all over your face, but once you apply your foundation you can't notice it.

I would repurchase this in theory, it was really nice but was not so dramatically amazing that I can justify spending $60 CAD every three months.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

So my only negative for this Primer is that it IS expensive. Seriously, it’s $52 USD for the bottle. BUT, a lot of the reviews I’ve seen have said this wouldn’t be good for oily skin? Not so, my friend. This primer does have a lovely blur effect, and smooths and softens my skin. It feels luxurious and velvety, and my foundation blends like a dream on top of it. It even lasts all day! Which I cannot say the same for some other primers.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This primer is... just okay. If you have dry, textured skin with large pores you will probably like this. If you're oily, I imagine you'd hate it.

Pros:
- decent blurring effect
- smooths textured skin
- feels slightly moisturizing (in more of a locking-in-existing-moisture way; definitely moisturize before applying if you are dry)
- scented but in a nice way, not too overpowering
- feels fancy and bougie! Makeup is all about the experience, right?!

Cons:
- VERY silicone-y, slippery primer. A little goes a very long way (which I guess is a pro!), but I would only recommend to dry gals
- has literal gold sparkles/flecks, which don't dissolve or melt away. You will legit have sparkles on your face. However, since you only need a tiny amount, they are thankfully minimal, but they're still there.
- not good for oily skin, I imagine. I have dry skin and this gives me an 'almost' oily feel
- expensive ($57 CAD)

Overall, it's alright. Not for everyone, and definitely on the pricey side. I'll use up what I have but I probably won't buy it again.

on 1/26/2018 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Didn’t like, had to return to Saks. If you have oily skin this won’t keep your makeup on your nose in particular. By trial and error I’ve learned that cream primers keep my makeup on my nose. I love Laura Geller sparkle.

on 1/21/2018 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

This might be my all time favorite primer. I love the subtle scent. I love the glow it gives upon application while simultaneously blurring some imperfections. It does not dry or peel off even after application of a number of serums and moisturizer. I am on my second one and will repurchase. It is a bit costly but it works great for my oily scarred post acne skin. Sometimes I just apply it as it is after moisturizer when i don't feel like having makeup on. On the other hand, i do need to blot my face from time to time during the day but then again, I have very oily T zone.

on 11/13/2017 10:46:00 AM

This primer is neither good or bad. It does its job, to blur, but thats it. It's silicony and you can feel it too and does not give you the luminosity as it claims, so the glitter in the bottle is only glitter you can see when you put it on your face which does not dissapear.

For me, this is a bad "copy" of Guerlains L'or primer which is a thousands time better than this one. Guerlain's is ofc pricier but definitely worth the money.

I got a sample of Smashbox primer and liked it but didn't like how it didn't do much but only prime the skin for a foundation. This glass bottle of YSL Touché Éclat Blur Primer does blur any textured skin, glides on well for my normal to dry skin. As for the gold particles, I think it melts onto the warmth of your skin and I don't know what it does for my skin. I read some reviews here that say it give a glow, but I am on top of my skin care that I have luminous skin, so I don't. Price any extra glow. This primer does it job and the extra bonus is blurring any imperfections. I've tried Tarte blur primer which is more in a paste form that you warm up and spread nicely on the skin. I think Tarte is better for combination skin and great for me in the summer but feels more heavier than YSL blur primer. One pump of YSL Touché Éclat Blur Primer is enough to cover my face, eyes and neck. I will be repurchasing this primer.

HG primer! This primer fills in all your pores, crevices, whatever, to give your foundation a smooth base to be applied to. Can make almost any foundation look flawless, both drugstore and high end. And it definitely prolongs the wear of it. It's expensive, but totally worth it.

on 8/6/2017 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Humn… Here’s another love/hate product for me. Its got some major pros, but the cons also give pause.

This product provides a major glow for me, no doubt about it. I tend to rotate through my primers, however, every time I use this I def notice a glow that I don’t get from other primers. It’s one of those “I can’t quite figure out what it’s doing but I like it” type primers. I think this is one of the rare products that does hold up to its claims of magically “blurring” fine lines and pores. In terms of makeup longevity, I dunno about that. This is a very cone-y primer, there’s no stick factor to warrant such a claim. Upon application, this has the same feel and slippage of say Smashbox or similar products – however, the effects are quite different. As for the gold flakes, that reads to me as pretty gimmicky. In fact it’s pretty annoying bc I notice 1 or 2 oversized flakes just sitting there on my skin that I have to (kinda sorta) pry away before foundation application. I’m not 13, so I don’t find glitter glittery cheeks to be flattering in the slightest. The upside to this is that its minimal.

There are some downsides to this product which I struggle with big-time… I just don’t want highly perfumed fragrance in my skin products, and the gold flakes are just lame. I also just can’t get down with the price ($52). While (again I will mention) the glow factor sets this primer apart from others I have tried, I CAN replicate such a glow via using one of my 99 million masks prior to foundation application along with another, more affordable, cone primer. Gotta say though, my biggest gripe here has to do with the cap – that may seem odd but hear me out. The cap does NOT secure to the bottle. There have been many times I went for this stuff, forgot abt this issue and grabbed by the top, then had to do a mad dash to catch it in order to avoid this breaking (it’s a heavy glass bottle, but it’s still glass).

While I am down with this primer enough to warrant a 4 star review, this seems to be a love or loathe type product. Also, I think dry skinned folks (like myself) will rave (no need for additional moisturizing) while normal/combo/oily will be disappointed. I suggest picking up a sample of this before making the $plunge$.

The only reason I put no to purchase again, is because using a little goes a long way. I just put a little on my index finger and focus it mainly around my nose, forehead, and chin. The texture is soft, smooth, and has a little silicon feel to it. It doesn't keep your face oily or sticky. The main reason I bought this was because a Korean Youtuber, named Ssin recommended it. And I really enjoy her videos. If anyone is interested she does kpop makeup tutorials, reviews, and just day to day makeup looks. And it may just be me, but the little gold flakes shows when I look closely. I don't dislike it, I just thought it disappears, but it there, not too noticeable.