NYX Butter Gloss in Angel Food Cake

NYX Butter Gloss in Angel Food Cake
Butter Gloss in Angel Food Cake

4.6

on 12/12/2017 7:29:00 PM

This is a nice pink gloss. I was expecting it to be a little darker because the tube is darker than the other 2 pinks I purchased in this line (Vanilla Cream Pie and Eclair). I think this looks similar to Vanilla Cream Pie. I would probably pick one or the other if I was going to repurchase. I've uploaded a picture so you can see the color.

on 11/9/2017 10:45:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

People love this stuff, did I get a dud? Mine was dry and the applicator seemed to deposit no product unless I really dug in the tube.

Not a fan.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is one of my favourite lip products ever. The colour is gorgeous and this smells amazing!! This gloss isn't sticky at all and stays on for ages. I would 100% recommend it!!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I am NW10 and this is a glossy MLBB shade on me. It is a pinky mauve colour with a nice amount of colour and shine. One layer gives a sheer gloss to the lips, and two layers deepens the colour. Because it is a gloss it isn't the longest-lasting, but it does stay on for a decent amount of time, and it is very cheap so for me it doesn't matter that I go through a tube quickly. The formula is glossy so you can feel it on the lips, but it is not too sticky. It smells very sweet but not obnoxiously so, and it dies down once it's on the lips.

My only dislike is the packaging. The cap is quite flimsy so my first tube's cap cracked when I tried to close it tightly. Also the lip is quite wide so excess product that collects on the sides of the wand doesn't get wiped off - and a lot of product collects on the sides of the wand when it is tossed in a handbag.

on 1/22/2017 3:07:00 PM

This is a perfect match to NARS Dolce Vita. It's not so thick that you need a mirror to apply it, but it's not so sheer that it has to be worn on top of something to get color. It smells like angel food cake, goes on smooth, and isn't sticky at all.

on 1/1/2017 5:05:00 PM

I must admit, I was a little afraid to try this shade. I watched a ton of reviews and videos on You Tube before venturing out to my local store. There are not many pinks or purples that I can wear, however if it's a berry, rose or mauve color those usually work. A You Tube reviewer described this as a dusty rose, I would say that's accurate. It's definitely pink but not too bright or Barbie like.

I also have Tiramisu and think the two shades are pretty similar, Tiramisu being a little lighter and more of a pinky beige color. I like both shades quite well.

I think this is one of the more popular butter gloss shades, it's a favorite of mine and probably the only pinky shade I will own aside from Tiramisu. There are many nice pinks shades available in the butter glosses but most of them are too pink or too bright for me. Angel Food Cake is just perfect for me. Glad I picked this one up. 5 stars!

on 12/18/2016 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I'm normally a lipstick gal, but I own a few shades of NYX Butter Gloss and I absolutely love them. The formula is moisturizing without being sticky and gives a gorgeous shine (it makes my lips look so much fuller that I was once asked if I'd used a plumping gloss!).

I have fair, neutral olive skin (foundation matches include MUFE Ultra HD in 117/Y225 and Revlon ColorStay Normal/Dry in Buff) and this beautiful shade is the perfect MLBB.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

These Butter Glosses are insanely good quality drugstore makeup that can't be missed. I have several of these; they are all glossy but also have a decent amount of pigment and wear time. They look great on their own (not too sheer) or over a lipstick. They smell incredible, rather like sugar cookies. The price is extremely reasonable. They are basically the Wet N' Wild Color Icon blushes of the gloss world- high-end quality for a super low price.

This shade is one of the few mauvey tones in my lip product collection that works for me time and again. It is a bit of a pinky rather than purpley mauve, and obviously semi-sheer since it's a gloss, therefore it does wash me out like some cooler tones tend to do. It can deepen up a super pale lip look, or work on its own. It's kind of a no-brainer, neutral pink shade that should work on many skintones because it's not too pale or dark.

on 9/5/2016 11:25:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is too pink to be a MLBB for me but I do love the colour. It has a nice caramel-ish candy scent, feels very comfortable to wear not too sticky and provides nice coverage. Like the small tube and doe foot applicator. Doesn't last very long at all so I took a lippie off for that. Would repurchase.

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

YES. This is it. My MLBB. I'm NW13, dark brown hair, brown eyes, and again: this is it. I'm in love. I swore I would never get a lip gloss because I am loyal to the matte liquid lipstick trend, but oh my god...I am so glad I strayed from my rule because this gloss is really good. This shade makes me look like I had fillers, and I mean that in a positive way. It's just this awesome pinky nude that will be perfect for daily wear. I'm so happy I gave this a try!