First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Hydra-Firm Sleeping Cream

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Hydra-Firm Sleeping Cream

4.4

Water/Aqua/Eau, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, C10-18 Triglycerides, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Lactobacillus Ferment, Jojoba Esters, Cetyl Alcohol, Niacinamide, Spilanthes Acmella Flower Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Wax, Acacia Decurrens Flower Wax, Algae Extract, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38, Sodium Hyaluronate, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour, Palmitoyl Hexapeptide-12, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Chrysanthemum Parthenium (Feverfew) Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Hydroxypropyl Cyclodextrin, Sodium Lactate, Butylene Glycol, PEG-75 Stearate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Ceteth-20, Steareth-20, Polyglycerin-3, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20, Phenoxyethanol, Xanthan Gum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love this cream. I have been converting to skincare products that are fragrance free, and this meets that criteria. It absorbs well and has definitely improved the moisture level of my skin. My only complaint is that it is in a jar; I would much rather a pump or squeeze bottle.

on 4/20/2018 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This has been a face saver. After starting Retin-A I have developed very embarrassing dry flaky patches around my nose and chin. The kind that only look worse after applying makeup. No amount of lotion, serums, oils, etc would help hydrate that area. I was on the verge of giving up on the Retin-A (which otherwise was working really well) when, out of desperation, I picked up a small jar of this moisturizer. It is quite thick and dense yet once smoothed onto the face it melted right in. In the evening when I use the Retin-A I wait an hour after applying the Retin-A then put a layer of this moisturizer on. Wait for it to soak in then put a second layer. If I still feel dry after that (which I do sometimes) I then put on a layer of an occlusive like Cerave Skin Balm or SkinRX Repair Balm. I also use this moisturizer in the morning, (even though it is called a sleeping mask), after serums and before Sunblock. It has made an incredible difference in my skin. It has made my skin look plump and smooth and has tamed the falkies by about 90% and completely eliminated any redness and irritation. Has made it possible for me to continue using retin-A without looking like my face is flaking off. I am going to repurchase a big tub of this. Love it. I purchased mine at Ulta for $38.00 for a 1.7oz jar. Not sure if they come in larger jar or not, but if they do, I am getting it!

on 9/24/2017 8:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

This did a great job of keeping my dry irritated skin under control in winter. The consistency isn't too greasy or heavy, it sinks in nicely. Going to keep this one in rotation I think.

on 5/23/2017 1:39:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Forgot to review this. I used this during the winter to clear some stubborn dry patches I had on my face. It worked in about 2 nights and left my skin very soft, did not break me out at all. Not a huge fan of the jar packaging but at least the product works. Recommend to those with dry skin, great sleeping cream. Would repurchase if needed.

on 2/27/2017 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

My skin is combo-oily during warm months, and normal-dry during the cold ones. I bought this cream in January to assist with the dryness I experience during this time of the year (I live in the United States and it is winter time here now). While I don't notice any firming effects, it moisturizes my face well, day and night. The formula is very thick, but the product spreads easily on skin, sinks somewhat quickly and it does not leave any oily residues. I am acne-prone and did not experience any adverse reactions while using it. This cream has a very faint and natural scent of raw oatmeal, which is pleasant in my opinion. It wears well during the day, so I'm not sure why it is called a "sleeping cream". The only thing I wished the manufacturer of this product would change is the jar it comes in. A pump would have been much more sanitary, specially for those of us who suffer from acne. I deducted one lippie for this reason. Other than that, I am pleased with the product. The only reason I won't repurchase is the steep price - while pleasant to use and effective, it is a plain and simple moisturizer, so 38 US dollars is a bit much for what it does.

on 1/28/2017 11:03:00 PM

i don't think this moisturizer had any hydra-firming effects on my skin, but i did find that it kept my dry / dehydrated skin nicely moisturized during the last few winter months. granted, i do not live in an area with harsh icy winters. however, my face does tend to generate annoying dry patches throughout the drier months of the year. this moisturizer kept those dry patches non-existent and my skin supple. this cream is non-scented, not greasy, and did not break me out. it wears well alone and lasts for an entire day without needing reapplication. i find the price ($38 for 1.7 oz) to be too high for my taste, but i would happily use this again if it came in a kit.

on 7/15/2016 11:06:00 PM

This cream is my holy grail. I put it on every night after i do my nightly face wash routine. My skin thanks me every morning by glowing & looking so alive.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I received a sample of this with my order from Sephora but was reluctant to try it as I have combo/oily skin and am always leery of ultra-moisturizing products. My skin has been a bit sensitive lately so I thought why not give it a try. First reaction - holy crap this stuff is emollient! There was so much in the sample, I wish I had used 1/3 the amount that was provided but since it was already in my hand I applied to my face and neck. Had to rub in for a long time as it's really thick, I mean REALLY THICK! Second reaction - my husband asked if I rubbed oil on my face, I guess it hadn't fully absorbed by this point, hah! About 15 minutes later I looked in the mirror and the shine had greatly subsided thankfully otherwise I might have re-washed my face. No irritation so I left it on to do its work overnight. Fast forward to the next morning... Less visible lines, skin is definitely more hydrated, with an obvious shine/glow to it but mostly on the forehead.

Despite the results I don't think I would purchase this. It's a bit steep for a moisturizer that isn't really suited for my combo/oily skin but it's not a bad product either. If I had normal to dry skin, this would be a great option as I feel it would hydrate well, fill in lines and improve texture of the skin. I do like that this cream is formulated without parabens or sulfates.

on 12/19/2015 1:43:00 AM

I was looking for something that would give me a good amount of moisture without feeling heavy or greasy. I absolutely love this cream. It goes on very smoothly, you do not need to put a lot on, it absorbs really quickly, and feels amazing on. It has no scent, and does not break me out. It made the eczema around my eyes and mouth go away in a matter of days. Since I started using it, I also noted that the oily parts of my combination skin (nose and forehead) are not as oily as they used to be and my makeup looks better.

This one is a little bit thicker than the Ultra Repair Cream, which I use during the day. The price is a bit steep, but it is definitely worth trying. The holiday gift sets are definitely a good bang for the buck!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Omg. This moisturizer is on fleek. It doesn't break me out and goes on so smoothly. Hands down this is the best moisturizer ever. I use it every night and once it gets really cold out I will use it every morning as well. Yes, it's unscented as well.