4.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

This cream is a must for anyone with severely dehydrated skin. I use this and retinol separately on alternative nights and this is the only product that combats the side effects of retinol effectively (dryness and redness). It does an oustanding job of moisturising, my skin has never looked so good. In fact it is so moisturising, I think it would be too much for normal or oily skin types, but for the dry folks out there I would definitely give it a try.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

2.0

a year ago

After using for two nights i am tell my face is upset....have to go back to my impruv cream.

About reviewer (377 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

3.0

a year ago

This is my first sleeping cream. I apply it as the last stage to seal in all the layers of serum and moisturiser. For me this is a wasted step, as it, doesn't firm or look more moisturized in the morning. Doesn't have any active ingredients in enough quantities to do anything, and I can tell as as my skin hasn't improved after finishing the whole pack. Basically sits on the surface of my skin in a tacky layer. I get better results using organic olive oil. On the plus side, its fragrance free and doesn't irritate my skin.

About reviewer (1233 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

a year ago

I love the idea of a "sleeping mask". On nights I feel my skin could use a little TLC I put a thin layer on just prior bedtime. I love that this cream is fragrance free. Really seals in my prior skin care items and my skin is smooth and plump in the morning. Jar isn't the most hygienic, but I can get every last bit out of the jar. Doesn't break me out or aggravates my occasional eczema.

About reviewer (654 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

2 years ago

I love this cream. I have been converting to skincare products that are fragrance free, and this meets that criteria. It absorbs well and has definitely improved the moisture level of my skin. My only complaint is that it is in a jar; I would much rather a pump or squeeze bottle.

About reviewer (110 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

EyesGreen

from

2 years ago

This has been a face saver. After starting Retin-A I have developed very embarrassing dry flaky patches around my nose and chin. The kind that only look worse after applying makeup. No amount of lotion, serums, oils, etc would help hydrate that area. I was on the verge of giving up on the Retin-A (which otherwise was working really well) when, out of desperation, I picked up a small jar of this moisturizer. It is quite thick and dense yet once smoothed onto the face it melted right in. In the evening when I use the Retin-A I wait an hour after applying the Retin-A then put a layer of this moisturizer on. Wait for it to soak in then put a second layer. If I still feel dry after that (which I do sometimes) I then put on a layer of an occlusive like Cerave Skin Balm or SkinRX Repair Balm. I also use this moisturizer in the morning, (even though it is called a sleeping mask), after serums and before Sunblock. It has made an incredible difference in my skin. It has made my skin look plump and smooth and has tamed the falkies by about 90% and completely eliminated any redness and irritation. Has made it possible for me to continue using retin-A without looking like my face is flaking off. I am going to repurchase a big tub of this. Love it. I purchased mine at Ulta for $38.00 for a 1.7oz jar. Not sure if they come in larger jar or not, but if they do, I am getting it!

About reviewer (90 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Olive, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

2 years ago

This did a great job of keeping my dry irritated skin under control in winter. The consistency isn't too greasy or heavy, it sinks in nicely. Going to keep this one in rotation I think.

About reviewer (164 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Olive

HairBlack

EyesBlack

3 years ago

Forgot to review this. I used this during the winter to clear some stubborn dry patches I had on my face. It worked in about 2 nights and left my skin very soft, did not break me out at all. Not a huge fan of the jar packaging but at least the product works. Recommend to those with dry skin, great sleeping cream. Would repurchase if needed.

About reviewer (966 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Curly, Coarse

EyesGray

3 years ago

My skin is combo-oily during warm months, and normal-dry during the cold ones. I bought this cream in January to assist with the dryness I experience during this time of the year (I live in the United States and it is winter time here now). While I don't notice any firming effects, it moisturizes my face well, day and night. The formula is very thick, but the product spreads easily on skin, sinks somewhat quickly and it does not leave any oily residues. I am acne-prone and did not experience any adverse reactions while using it. This cream has a very faint and natural scent of raw oatmeal, which is pleasant in my opinion. It wears well during the day, so I'm not sure why it is called a "sleeping cream". The only thing I wished the manufacturer of this product would change is the jar it comes in. A pump would have been much more sanitary, specially for those of us who suffer from acne. I deducted one lippie for this reason. Other than that, I am pleased with the product. The only reason I won't repurchase is the steep price - while pleasant to use and effective, it is a plain and simple moisturizer, so 38 US dollars is a bit much for what it does.

About reviewer (70 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Olive, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

3 years ago

i don't think this moisturizer had any hydra-firming effects on my skin, but i did find that it kept my dry / dehydrated skin nicely moisturized during the last few winter months. granted, i do not live in an area with harsh icy winters. however, my face does tend to generate annoying dry patches throughout the drier months of the year. this moisturizer kept those dry patches non-existent and my skin supple. this cream is non-scented, not greasy, and did not break me out. it wears well alone and lasts for an entire day without needing reapplication. i find the price ($38 for 1.7 oz) to be too high for my taste, but i would happily use this again if it came in a kit.

About reviewer (208 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure