Chanel Glossimer - Force

Chanel Glossimer - Force

4.5

on 9/18/2008 3:23:00 PM

The Glossimer color Force(#39) is the best color. It goes perfectly with my skin tone. I love the shine and color that is deposited on your lips. It does have a slight sticky consistency to it, but it's worth dealing with because of the great color. I'm deducting one Lippie because I wish it lasted all day without you having to reapply. Pricey...yes but worth the splurge.

on 2/23/2008 1:48:00 PM

This is a deep berry-burgundy color with gold frost. Very sexy color. I had this on my swaplist for a while as I never used it (because I thought of it as an evening/special occasion color) but then I reconsidered and I experimented with it a bit. I discovered that if I apply a small amount with a brush, over lip balm, it is a lovely berry-with-a-hint-of-gold, and is fine for daytime. So no swapping this away. However, IMO the texture of this gloss is thicker than the other Glossimers, and hence takes a bit more effort to apply.

This was my 1st Chanel Glossimer I purchased. After reading the reviews here, I was curious. Well, I wasn't disappointed as this is a bold and beautiful color on my NW30 skin tone. In the tube it reminded me of MAC's Happening Gal, and on my lips it was even more beautiful than Happening Gal. It is a wine color w/ tiny golden specks in it. The staying power is truly amazing and it made my lips feel moisturized, unlike MAC's l/g...I haven't had an issue with globs of gloss coming out when I pull the wand out, but I left off a lippie for the price $25. I am liking this gloss so much, I would love to try other colors of glossimers :) Would I repurchase even for $25...probably so...

This is my second "high-end" lipgloss purchase and I am not very impressed, coloring turns out a nice plum, berry stain shade but it pretty much ends there. The consistency feels goopy and very sticky, plus it doesn't stay on too long. Not worth the price $26, would not repurchase, should never have strayed from Laura Mercier's lipgloss line....

Gorgeous dark plum shade with gold shimmer. This can be used sheer for a more natural look or heavily for more drama. Long lasting and very shiny

on 3/10/2007 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

For whatever reason, the looks horrible on me sheer or when applied in layers for a darker look. I guess I was wanting something more brick-colored and this comes out wine. For reference, I have dark brown hair and eyes, lightly tanned Asian skin. But, as with all Glossimers, very smooth creamy gloss that I can wear without the prerequisite lipbalm underneath (like I need with Lipglass).

Wow force looks like such a very dark burgundy in the tube but when applied lightly on my lips gives a nice wine look which i love, the only problem i have with it is that too much seems to goop out when i pull out the wand this doesn't happen to me with my other glossimers? but i would still repurchase... i think this color is better for fall and winter :)

EDIT: i noticed if you dont push the wand in and out it eliminates the goop factor :)

EDIT: I was just playing with all of my lipstick and FORCE is definitely in my top 5 HG's!!!!!

Scary plum in the tube and but goes on a sheer, delicious berry stain on my lips. The formulation, as with Chanel glossimers, is amazing and it has kick-ass staying power. This is not drying or sticky like Lancome or MAC.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

This is a great lipgloss, the color looked scary but it does not go on that intense and leaves a beautiful reddish plum color on the lips
I agree it goes well with any skin tone, my mom is dark and I am medium and it looks wonderful on both of us, I think the packaging is a bit cheapy looking for Chanel but w/e its a wonderful gloss, not sticky at all and has the perfect amount of shimmer

on 4/3/2006 5:46:00 PM

I almost didn't buy this color because it looked darker and more plum under the store lights, but I took a chance and WOW am I glad I did! I am fair and this gloss looks more reddish on me outside the store, but in a rich sophisticated way. I love the color and am fairly surprised at the staying power of the gloss itself, without being to sticky.