Charlotte Tilbury Cheek to Chic in Ecstasy

Cheek to Chic in EcstasyCheek to Chic in EcstasyCheek to Chic in Ecstasy

4.7

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hello, friends!
Today we're taking a closer look at three of my favorite Charlotte Tilbury Cheek to Chic blushes:
- First Love
- Ecstasy
- S*x on Fire
I think most Charlotte Tilbury makeup products are created for mature, pale skin that hasn't seen so much sunshine. I love these blushes and I get most wear out of them during the winter months, when I apply acids to my skin. Whenever I am more tanned, I use other blushes.
I love the fact that we get two colors to mix, which means we can create a custom blush color or even use the darker color for contour - draping technique.
Since you guys asked whether these blushes are worth the splurge, I filmed an in-depth review with swatches of the blushes. The video is linked below:

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Yes, yes and yes. I will be using this until I hit the pan.

Ecstasy is one of those colours (peachy/pink/nude) that goes with every single makeup look possible. It is sheer, yet sexy at the same time. You can always build it up when needed, believe me - it is pigmented.

I find it lasts a very good amount of time on my cheeks and blends like a dream. Even if you are a makeup beginner or perhaps not a typical blush wearer, but you still need that one little compact that will add a youthful glow to your cheeks - this is the one.

For those of you who are curious to know more about her bestsellers includign this blush, I have unedited swatches, application tips and makeup look in a separate review here (https://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2018/09/16/Full-Face-Of-Charlotte-Tilbury-Bestsellers). I hope it helps!

on 5/8/2018 9:44:00 PM

Beautiful pinky peach with a slight shimmer that lasts most of the day on my combo skin. This color is similar to Nars’ Orgasm minus the gold flakes. It would look great on those with pale to medium toned skin.

I wouldn't have picked this shade just by looking at the pan or swatches but I was at Selfridges in London and put this on my cheeks, and was immediately sold. I am deeply tan from the British summer, and browner than usual (usually NC37, now, IDK, not quite NC44 but deeper than NC42 for sure) so I didn't think it would show up on me but it did beautifully! I also happened to have on CT Pillow Talk lipstick, and it complemented the whole look very nicely.

In the pan it looks like it has shimmer, but it is so fine it merely imparts a lovely glow to the cheeks and doesn't accentuate my pores at all. It stays on my cheeks the whole day, too.

I love the packaging too, very old school.

on 12/1/2016 9:42:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I wish this wasn't so $$ because it's the best powder blush I've ever used. I also don't know how I can illustrate anything about it which hasn't been described perfectly by the previous reviews, but I'll try.
I apply it as CT recommends with the "swish, pop" method: swishing my brush in the outer ring which is a shimmery, peachy pink shade ( think NARS Deep Throat) and then pop the center shade ( more of a deeper peachy/pink, heavier on the pink, like NARS Orgasm minus the shimmer) on the apples of the cheeks (the outer I use on my cheekbones). It does impart a warm, "post shag" tint to the complexion, so even if you're not making it you can be faking it!
I reach for this one every day and have over my other blushes for months now. I'd suggest 2 lower priced dupes if you can't justify $45 USD ) and those are Milani Luminoso ( nearly identical to the outer ring) and Wet n Wild Pearlescent Pink ( the center dot.)
If you love her packaging as I do and can afford the blush by all means grab it; you ARE technically getting 2 shades in one compact which makes the cost a bit more palatable.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is one of my favourite blushes - pretty close to Tom Ford blushes. I have these blushes in Love Glow (very natural neutral flush of colour with a beautiful bronze-y sheen (on me)), Ecstacy (a peachy pink that pairs well with warm colours), and Love Is The Drug (bright pink cooler toned that look like I just got in from the cold). I love all of them because they all impart a gorgeous glow on my cheeks. The staying power is fabulous and doesn't oxidize or change colour nor does it look fake. If you want a natural looking flush for any occasion these are great! My new favorites!

on 10/12/2015 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Ecstasy is a shimmery peach bronze outer ring with a circle of brighter peach in the center for the "pop" shade. It's featured in Tilbury's Dolce Vita and Golden Goddess looks in the tutorial section of charlottetilbury.com. This is a flattering shade for my coloring (fair, blonde hair, blue eyes), but because it is so warm, I now feel that I need a cooler color as well, something more pink than this. If you're not wanting a shade in the orange family, I'd recommend selecting a different color at checkout.

The plastic compact itself is an attractive burgundy hue with a rose gold Art Deco style logo and a mirrored lid. Charlotte Tilbury's packaging reminds me of what's known as The Golden Age of Hollywood, and has a lot of 1930s elements. Cheek to Chic blush does not come with an applicator. Like MAC, Tilbury expects you to buy the brushes separately.

For me, having two complementary shades in one compact helped justify the hefty $40 price tag for 0.28 ounces of product. You can use her recommended "swish pop" technique, which involves applying the outer ring color in circular motions on the cheekbone and then popping the center shade onto the apples of the cheeks. However, some customers just blend the two shades together into one color. Other people will use the colors separately, for example you can elect to only apply the shimmery bronze outer ring shade of Ecstasy and skip the pop color, or use the pop color alone. You have some flexibility that you don't get with a single color blush compact. My skin is combination rather than super oily and the color lasts on me for several hours without fading, but I don't know how well it fares on other skin types.

Overall I am pleased with Cheek to Chic blush and I plan to buy a different shade from Tilbury in the near future.

Ingredients as listed on the website:

Talc, Mica, Isononyl Isononanoate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Dimethicone, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Zinc Stearate, Carprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethiconol, Hexylene Glycol, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Tin Oxide (Ci 77861), [May Contain Titanium Dioxide (Ci77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77491, Ci 77499), Carmine (Ci 75470), Manganese Violet (Ci77742), Red 6 (Ci 15850), Yellow 5 Lake ( 19140)]. Ingredients are subject to change at the manufacturer's discretion. For the most complete and up-to-date list of ingredients, refer to the product packaging.

Popular Blush Products