LORAC Mega Pro 2

LORAC Mega Pro 2
Mega Pro 2Mega Pro 2Lorac Mega Pro 2

3.8

on 11/12/2017 9:28:00 PM

I missed my chance to purchase this when it originally launched, so with the recent relaunch, I was so excited. It's everything I hoped for. I love how easy it is to use and coordinate. The mattes are sorted separately from the shimmers, making it much easier to navigate than some of these newer palette styles. It blends very easy and doesn't appear chalky or patchy. The mattes and shimmers perform equally. I don't believe this is on trend with the newer shadows, being all crazy pigmented and dry and powder, these are buildable and soft. I will definitely be buying a backup

on 8/13/2017 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Don't waste your money on this palette. This is going back to the store today. I was excited to try this out. There is strong chemical smell which leads me to believe these were not made in the US, nor does it state where it is made. It only states it is assembled with US and non-US parts. I tried these shadows and absolutely do not like these. The strong chemical smell bothered me on my eyelid. These also do not blend and are very chalky. These also did not last all day and I had put a primer as I always do before putting on eyeshadows. I have worked with matte shadows but these are terrible. Even being swatched on my arm they looked patchy but thought they would be different on the lid. I have even tried a transformer on these and it was a no go. Save your money do not buy.

on 2/24/2016 12:23:00 PM

UGHHHH...I've decided that I kinda hate this palette. I've forced myself to wear it for a week straight, but I'm 3 days into it and already getting stabby. For some reason, this formulation WILL NOT stay on my lids. I've never had creasing/fading problems with any other LORAC shadow but these - no ma'am. I've also decided that the color palette just doesn't suit me. The only color that I really like out of this palette is Penny and I'm sure it could be easily duped. Not impressed and will end up giving this away to someone.

on 1/6/2016 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Got this as a gift for Christmas. I used it once and it was difficult to not make it look "muddy". I mostly use the Naked palette and like it more than this. I had to take more time to blend it than normal. The texture is well pigmented so careful not to be heavy handed like I did. I did wear eyeshadow primer but the shadow did creased at the end of the day...the naked palette didn't do this. I believe it had to do with the smooth texture of Lorac's eyeshadow? The colors were kind of awkward to me. There were some bright colors that I knew I wouldn't use because I like neutral warm colors that would suit my medium skin tone. I realized this palette was limited edition and is not available in stores now. I guess I have to cherish this palette and try to make it work.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is an AMAZING PALETTE. Whether you are a beginner or a professional makeup artist, this palette is so incredibly beautiful and versatile. So many different looks can be created from this palette because there are so many shade ranges. There are warm, cool, and neutral colors. The everyday woman can find this palette useful as well. Like every Lorac Pro palette, the formula is so incredibly soft and just absolutely buttery and blend so easily. So pigmented!! I do not regret buying this. Packaging is done beautifully also. Come with a nice mirror. For 60 bucks, this is worth the money.

on 1/27/2016 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Anyone that knows me, knows that I'm a Lorac shadow cognoscente. And also that I willingly correct anyone that pronounces it "Lo-Rack." (There's an easy way to remember, the shadows rock, so it's Lo-Rock!) I bought this with gift cards I received for my birthday this year, and it's literally the best present I could have ever gotten. The packaging is GORGEOUS (look at that cobalt blue and let it deeply convince you that you NEED IT), and the shadows inside are freaking unbeatable. The mattes are serious winners, and I find the shimmers very unique (most notably the darker shades). They blend like a DREAM and it's the only palette I've been wearing for the last 2 weeks. I've gotten so many looks with this palette (it has extremely warm oranges and cool toned purples and neutral shades in between) and again, they blend easily! All of the shades are pigmented and there is a variety of different finishes to accomplish different looks. If you are a shadow enthusiast like I am, check out this palette, especially if you liked the Lorac Pro 1 or 2. Recommend!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Is it worth the money? I think so. Quality is right on par with all the Lorac Pro palettes. If you like that texture, you will like this palette. I wish they would re-release the Mega Pro 1, because I would like to have both.

The term "buttery" gets thrown around a lot, and I don't think it accurately describes the Lorac texture. Lorac shadows are more on the powdery side, but a soft silky powder that easily glides over lids with great pigmentation. Colors blend easily, and never get muddy. The texture is great, especially if you are getting to an age where you need to deal with fine lines and wrinkles.

So many people complain about how much powder gets "kicked up" when you dip into the shadow. I don't have this problem. A few gentle taps of a decent shadow brush will pick up plenty of color, and doesn't make a mess of the palette. (I use mac 217 and 239 brushes for eyeshadow)

Most of the mattes are great in this palette. (the lavender and purple are not the greatest though) The shimmers are nice too. (gold leaf isn't the best either)

It's tricky, because when I viewed this palette online, I didn't think it looked that great. But seeing it in real life, I am so glad I purchased. There is just a really great variety here to create a LOT of different looks. I could do with 2-3 less of the lightest shades, but I like them for inner eye and eyebrow highlight.

For me, it's fantastic. There are a few special colors, that make for some really neat, but still work appropriate looks. But it also has a few pops to make for a more evening look.

I totally love this palette. I ran out and bought it because I was still upset about not getting the first one. I used this every day for a week solid and was able to get different looks. It is my favorite palette at the moment. The shadows are very pigmented and blend well.

on 1/5/2016 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

LORAC doesn't get enough love, as far as I'm concerned. I don't even know who their target audience is, but I'm a very fair skinned, 26 year old woman and I love their products- they're not trendy, or particularly packaged beautifully, they're just GOOD products. Especially their eyeshadow. I know a lot of people say lorac' shadows have too much fallout, but I think that's a small price to pay for the amazing texture. They're so pigmented, and so soft and blendable. So, for me, the formula is unbeatable- I prefer it to any other brand. This pallet in particular has some good shades- I love the oranges in here and there's some pretty unique shimmery shades. Unfortunately I don't much care for the light shades- they're all pretty yellow. Still, the variety is awesome and it's a fun pallet to play with. I'm happy I bought it, because I like having SO MANY LORAC shadows (I just might've picked some different shades.)

on 12/30/2015 12:30:00 AM

I really love this palette! Probably the first large palette I have bought where I actually use all the colours. I am red headed with pale freckly skin. I love the fact there are a number of matte shadows in the palette. As an older woman I don't always want to wear shimmery glittery eyeshadow. I bought this 2 months ago along with the Lorac Pro palette and haven't used anything else since! Lovely colours for day or night. Lasting power is excellent, blends easily, lots of pigment in the colours. Colours very true to the shade in the palette. I am in Australia but bought the palette when I was in USA. It is quite pricey but the fact that I use all the colours makes it worthwhile. Would definitely recommend to anyone.