Paula's Choice Resist Anti-aging Eye Cream

Paula's Choice Resist Anti-aging Eye Cream

4.1

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Sodium PCA, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Sodium Polyacrylate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Copper Gluconate, Troxerutin, Disodium Rutinyl Disulfate, Resveratrol, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38, Caprooyl Tetrapeptide-3, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Phytic Acid, Beta-Glucan, Acetyl Glucosamine, Tocopherol, Allantoin, Adenosine, Dextran, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sea Whip Extract, Arctostaphylos Uva Ursi (Bearberry) Leaf Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Polyacrylate Crosspolymer-6, Hydroxypropyl Cyclodextrin, Xanthan Gum, Cetearyl Alcohol, Maltodextrin, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol.

on 10/11/2016 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I received the Paula's Choice Resist Eye Cream as part of the BzzAgent campaign. I often try out Paula's Choice and have used the products of and on for years. I am a devoted Beautypedia fan, too. I tried the Resist line a few years back and had trouble with the packaging. The company was so nice and sent out brand new replacements right away. But I digress.

Paula's Choice always is on the cutting edge of beauty technology while staying reasonable as to product claims. It always uses ingredients that are actually supported by empirical evidence of benefits. So I was excited to try the eye cream which is full of peptides and other known beneficial ingredients to the delicate eye area. One thing strange to me is that Paula is known for often saying there is no need for an extra eye cream - that eye creams themselves are a gimmick. I guess she has decided otherwise. Personally, I prefer different, more emollient eye cream than one I use on my face.

The cream is very slippery - you can feel the silicone which makes a great base under make up. It can be used in the morning or at night - which is also wonderful. My first mistake was using too much. You literally need a tiny, tiny dab for your entire eye area. If you use too much, it will pill when you apply makeup over it. It took me a week to figure that out but it does say that clearly on the directions for use. So that was my mistake!

It's moisturizing and provides a nice base for under makeup. It has a slight light reflecting property to it that when you wear without make up sort of helps with dark circles. I haven't noticed much of an effect on fine lines other than there being a lot more moisture and no crepey effect even after using a little powder. As long as you use very little product, there is no problem with pilling. If you are sensitive to silicons, this might not be the product for you. I did notice some sensitivity to my eyes themselves when I applied and went right to sleep. For some reason my eyes tear a lot then and the product gets into my eye. Whether thats from the cream or my eyes, I can't say. It doesn't stop me from using the product. I haven't noticed any life-changing difference in my circles or lines, just more moisture. Yet, it's only been a month. I will update in another month to see if things change, especially as it gets to be winter.

It's been almost a month of religious use and I haven't even made a slight dent in the tube. I swear I will have this tube for at least 6 months before I need to buy a replacement.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This comes in a tube i very much like the packaging it keeps everything stable stands up and is big enough to despense the thicker consistency which in my opinion is emolient enough to spread without tugging its moisturizing and never irritated my eyes. It also makes wrinkles less noticeable. Have rebought

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have been using this for 2 months. At first I was unimpressed but after continuous use, I have been impressed by what it has not done: no irritation, no puffy eyes, no goopy eyes. I have many allergies and this has exceeded my expectations. Most eye creams bother my eyes. Not this one!

I also found the price high but I use about 1/4 of a pea each night for both eyes rubbed between my index fingers and then applied to my entire eye area. It goes a long way so the price is not that bad and the tube is great. Haven't even gone through a quarter of a tube yet.

When I first got it I found the texture sticky but I realized it has to be warmed and then spread. And initially I didn't like the matte texture but the warming helps to spread it, and the matte nature of it keeps it in place. No burning of eyes.

It has not reduced my wrinkles but has brightened my eye area and I wake looking brighter and well rested which at my age is something. I'll take what I can get.

I scoffed when I saw Paula had made an eye cream after years of telling one and all that eye creams were redundant but as you can tell I bought her version and don't regret buying it.

on 7/1/2016 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I'm a Paula's Choice devotee, but I am not impressed with this product. However, I must admit that I am not the target audience as I have never understood the need for eye creams - although I do occasionally get dry skin around my eyes, I see no need for eye creams. The only problem I have around my eyes are undereye circles, and no topical product will solve that (other than make up, I mean). Taking that into account, I do find this to be a rather nice eye cream. Yes, it is rather thick coming out of the tube (that's due to the high Shea butter content, I believe). What one needs to do is get just a tiny bit (a pea size), warm it up between your fingers, and then it will be spreadable. The cream keeps eyes moisturized all day or night. I haven't worn it with make up, but I expect it will make eye make up more likely to smear as any moisturizer around the eyes would. It contains lots of antioxitants and feels nice. At the end of the day, would I buy it again? No. I just don't need it, it's not a miracle product, it's overpriced, and I don't reach for it often. It's nice for what it is, so if you want an eye cream, check it out. It's nothing special, though.

on 4/24/2016 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Pros: Non-irritating, Reduces Fine Lines/Wrinkles, Very Emollient, Soothes Skin, Works Effectively , Easy To Use

Cons: Doesn't Decrease Swelling

Best Uses: Night Eye Cream, Dry Skin, Fine Lines/Wrinkles

About 10 years ago, I started to have trouble with edema and scaling skin around my eyes. Part of it was due to allergies, and part due to the fact that I was going through a divorce, and was crying a lot. At that time, I had a great eye cream made by Chanel that moisturized, didn't burn, reduced the swelling, and allowed my skin to heal to eliminate scaling. Leave it to Chanel to discontinue the product. Ever since then I have been on a fruitless hunt to find a similar holy grail overnight eye cream.

I was skeptical about Resist Anti-Aging Eye Cream because I have been through such a long haul of failed attempts to find a good product. Finally, during an especially good sale, I pulled the trigger and bought a tube. Once I received it, I opened the container, said a little prayer and put some on. The Angels started singing Hallelujah as this lovely eye cream touched my skin and melted into my eye area. No stinging! Check!

Over the next few nights, I tried different quantities of product to see how much I would need to keep me moisturized all night. Turns out it is best to take two very small squirts (1/4 of a pea or less), one for upper eyelid area, and one for lower. For each squirt, I rub between the middle fingers of my two hands, and gently pat the product on each eye. The product warms and softens by rubbing the fingers together, and then easily settles into the skin upon application. Over night, my eye area stays well hydrated, with some to spare as I can still feel some vestiges of the cream in the morning. Moisturizing! Check!

There is no doubt that Resist Anti-Aging Eye Cream has an extremely thick consistency. I attribute that to the very high shea butter content. Shea butter is an awesome emollient plant butter that works much better at moisturizing my dry skin than petrolatum or mineral oil. Plus it is much less irritating to my sensitive skin. Because of its benefits, I am willing to work with the fact that the cream is a bit "hard" when at room temperature. I don't see the consistency as a detriment, because it is very workable, and the product benefits are so desirable for me. Also, because it is thick, the cream really stays put and does its job in the area I need it. Due to the thick texture, it doesn't work as well for me as a day time eye cream. However, after only a few days of use at night only, it has repaired my scaling skin and greatly reduced the overall dryness and crepiness, leaving my eye area skin plumper. Scaly skin healed! Check!

I only have ONE tiny nit. The cream doesn't reduce the edema I get overnight due to my allergies. So, I wake in the morning with slightly puffy eyes. If this product were able to help control this problem (caffeine is what helps my eye area swelling), then Resist Anti-Aging Eye Cream would be the HG of all HGs for me. Regardless, it is still such an awesome find after my long journey of bad products, that I truly have nothing to complain about. Needless to say, Resist Anti-Aging Eye Cream is HIGHLY recommended!

on 4/24/2016 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This eye cream is thick and not at all creamy or emollient. It's not a good choice for my dry skin. It's difficult to squeeze the tube so the right amount comes out, so it can be wasteful.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I love this eye cream. I have dry, sensitive skin and this cream makes the skin around my eyes supple without any irritation whatsoever.
The consistency is very thick. I use the tiniest amount and rub my two index fingers together to emulsify it a bit, and then pat all around my eyes including my eyelids. There are a lot of complaints about the texture, but I enjoy it.
I've been using it day (under sunscreen) and night for about a month. I can not express how pleased I am with the appearance of my under eyes. It has really hydrated the area and smoothed out the crepeyness.
Although it is $32 for such a small amount of product, a little bit goes a long way. I will definitely be repurchasing.

on 11/23/2015 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Paulas choice eye cream:
Their review boasts that the 'glucosyl hespederin' has skin repairing and melanin inhibiting properties. That is good but we don't know how much percentage is needed for those to work. Still it is the 10th ingredient and fairly high up on the list. If you are concerned about discolorations it is high in vit c and has lower levels of 'uva ursi' which can help discoloration.
'Paula's Choice' complains about eye creams often being small, expensive, and not having any sunscreen.Her product is 0.5 fl oz for $32.00 pretty expensive, and does not contain sunscreen either! The vitamin C, resveratrol, and Shea butter all have uv protecting properties but there is no active sunscreen. Yet, while this tube is small you don't need a large amount , and could last you a long time.
The texture: This comes out of the tube in a solid cream, and is almost salve like.It needs to be rubbed briskly between the hands, or it has more of a potential to 'pill', but can be avoided by not squeezing out too much product. I found that the more product you try to blend with this the more likely it is to roll up.Once rubbed this feels like whipped butter. I found that the best way to apply this was by using a 'patting' motion by doing a tap dance around the eyes with your fingers.The base is very moisturizing, and those with dry skin will love it the best. The team has made it clear that this doesn't need to be used on the eyes either. You can apply it anywhere.
To an extent ;this can brighten under eye darkness due to the copper in it , but the effect is temporary,and not everyone will notice it.
Be careful if you are wearing mascara, or any other eye makeup over this. Many people will have different experiences . However, since this is a really emollient moisturizer it has the potential to smudge with eye makeup. This can be avoided though by simply wearing it at night.
They do have a good formula though. Skin identical ingredients are high here on the list - superb for dry skin, and antioxidants vitamin C, resveratrol,beta glucan, and vitamin E. Other star ingredients are: troxerutin, allantoin, licorice root,extract, and sea whip to reduce irritation.
I like 'Paula's Choice' and I understand why she wanted to make an eye cream. I'am just unsure about this one. I don't think I personally will rebuy it.

on 1/24/2016 7:30:00 AM

An eye-cream from the Cosmetic Cop herself... That's interesting.
I like the consistency very much, a thick cream is what it describes best. I prefer to use it at night since it will remain on your orbital bone for quite a while, despite patting it in for 'ages'. As another reviewer wrote, this is one of the very few eyecreams that does not sting, itch or bother my eyes. So that's a big (very big) plus for me. No teary eyes! Yay! I have been using it for two weeks now. So far so good, will update about upcoming miracles to happen?.... ;-)

Update 10/6 (that is June 10th in my country B-)
Well, no miracles happened. In the end this eye-cream did not do the trick for me. Not moisturizing enough at all. Big disappointment. the only plus remains the non stinging effect. But if I don't use this cream, my undereye area looks the same and does not sting either. Seems like a cheaper solution.

on 11/23/2015 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

I've been using Paula's Skin Replenishing Moisturizer around my eyes for the last several years; see my review for that product. At first, I saw no reason to order this product, as I was happy with the Replenishing. However, on seeing the reviews and during one of the frequent sales, I decided to go for it. Since I've only used for a couple of weeks, I don't have anything "revolutionary" to report...except that it's full of great stuff, AND DOES NOT IRRITATE MY EYES. Let me repeat: does.not.irritate.my.eyes. Only those like me who have ridiculously sensitive eyes really understand that statement. I've wanted to use the special anti-puffiness, anti-circles etc etc creams...but I couldn't; invariably, they'd make my eyes itch and swell SHUT. Once again, unless you've been there, you can't understand. So you could say I've learned to play it safe with my eyes, especially creams. I do like the very thick consistency, seems it doesn't slide into the eyes as easily; plus, you don't need much, which also helps with that. Oh, and the person who said it should have SUNSCREEN: are you KIDDING??? I am lucky if I can use any sunscreen-containing product anywhere on my face, my eyes are so sensitive to it!! Plus, this is primarily a nighttime product. Will report back if I note anything further, good or bad.