Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Foundation

Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Foundation
Rainforest of the Sea FoundationRainforest of the Sea Foundation

3.1

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (6.23), Zinc Oxide (3.84)Inactive ingredients: Water, glycerin, isododecane, cyclopentasiloxane, phenyl trimethicone, nylon-12, dipropylene glycol, caprylic/capric triglyceride, cyclohexasiloxane, SD Alcohol 40-B, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, butylene glycol, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, magnesium sulfate, alumina, PEG-9 polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, silica, talc, iron oxides, sorbitan isostearate, stearalkonium hectorite, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, hexyl laurate, aluminum hydroxide, stearic acid, caprylyl glycol, propylene carbonate, dimethicone, hydrogen dimethicone, phenoxyethanol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, tocopheryl acetate, 1,2-hexanediol, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, algae extract, gardenia tahitensis flower extract, tocopherol

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

This foundation was actually a decent match for me. I liked the dropper & the finish looked nice. But I couldn't continue using it because of the breakouts it caused me that ceased immediately returning it. Turns out this foundation contains talc, which is highly comedogenic for some. Talc is something commonly found in powders, with less prevalence in liquid foundations.

For those of you who were afflicted with breakouts after having used this foundation, check the ingredients for talc in other foundations that have broken you out in the past. That is what I did, and boom: found my breakout culprit.

Colour was a perfect match for me and formula is quite light. However because of the water base, it ended up being patchy and not hydrating for my combo-dry skin. Returned it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I have been finding products I’ve used for a while and haven’t reviewed yet! Uggg! This is the foundation I’ve been using for the last year. It’s a medium coverage, skin satin foundation. I really like it but I think when I run out I’m going to try Shiseido synchro skin lasting finish next.
Formula. This is a liquidy foundation in a dropper bottle. It’s a solid medium coverage. It’s a natural matte to satin. It evens me out and I do need concealor with it. I you can build it up, but I prefer keeping it light. It holds up quite well on my combo skin, I usually don’t look oily with it and it lasts all day. I find that remarkable. It’s a really pretty foundation.
Shade. I use fair neutral and I’m about NC 15 or revlon buff 150. It’s a really nice neutral shade. My skin is a true neutral so frequent try foundations are yellow or pink on me. It doesn’t oxidize.
The dropper bottle his nice. Make sure to shake it up. I bought it about a year ago, I didn’t use it every day. And I’m a little over halfway done.
I apply with my Artis oval 7 most days. I do like the Sigma f80 as well.
The shieseido synchro skin lasting finish is a little more smoothing and perfecting but still skin like. I can see myself repurchasing this one. For me, it’s a better version of Urban Decay Naked skin which I used for a long time. I do recommend trying it.

on 10/11/2017 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love the foundation itself but hate the stupid packaging. I just use the rod to swipe some product on my brush and don't actually use the dropper suction part.

The foundation itself is perfect for my oily skin. The color match is exact (fair neutral). I wore this one all of last winter and loved it. for the summer I wore MUFE Waterblend and was hesitant to repurchase the Tarte one again bc I wanted to try other new releases. Compared it to several others (like Too Faced Comfort Matte) and this one still help the top spot. Just love how well it works with my skin and makes my skin look so natural but hides all of my main imperfections (I'm not a fan of the complete "flawless" look). I apply with Real Techniques buffing brush (my fav foundation brush).

Wish the packaging was fixed and it was a bit cheaper.

on 10/20/2017 10:58:00 AM

PROS:
- doesn't break me out
- best colour match I've been able to find in a foundation (Porcelain)
- long-wearing (rare for me as someone with combo skin)
- most natural-looking finish
- no fragrance
- no problems with transfer

CONS:
- annoying dropper
- need to use a lot to cover whole face
- coverage is minimal, so can't use this to cover acne or redness

I'm in love with the natural-looking finish of this foundation. On a recent day of travel, I applied my foundation at 6:30am and didn't get a chance to even touch my makeup up until 10:30 that night. My foundation looked flawless after all that time - I spent all day wandering around getting lost and there was even a bit of rain. There weren't any patches on my face where the foundation had rubbed off and my T-zone wasn't excessively oily.

That said, my skin has been shitty very recently, and cystic acne has reared its ugly, red head. This foundation helps to minimize the look of acne but it certainly doesn't cover it up. Even if I try colour-correcting beforehand, this just makes the area look muddy and worse than it did without having colour-corrected.

on 11/11/2017 3:07:00 PM

I honestly really wanted to make this work for me. The shade was a very good match for my very fair skin, and the fact it doesn't oxidize is a huge bonus. The finish upon application is lovely and natural. My issue with this is that no matter how I set it or primed, it always ended up creasing my my facial lines (and I don't have many), making me look older. Sadly, I will not be reaching for this as I have given it to a friend

My shade: Fair Neutral

I'm giving up; I spent most of last winter trying to figure out why I was getting a red, flaky, skin-splitting rash on the end of my nose, and I've finally worked out that this stuff is the problem. So if you are sensitive, proceed with caution.

Pros:
-Nice color selection

Cons:
-The dropper is kind of stupid
-Settled into lines during the day
-Allergy triggers

By the way, I usually just applied it with my fingers. I never bought their brush.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This just doesn't look good on my skin. It looks pretty patchy. The look actually reminds me of when you dip your face in water when you're wearing foundation. It just looks odd. The colour is pretty okay for me though and I like that it's lightweight but it's definitely not worth the money.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

One of the biggest wastes of money ever. A nightmare for dry skin! Firstly, foundation is so hard to get out of the bottle and you end of wasting a lot. Secondly, its so thick making it hard to blend out, and the final result is a cakey mess that clings to your dry patches and emphasizes pores. Save your money girls this is not cheap!

I really liked this foundation. The colour match was good albeit a little light and it was nice and breathable on the skin. It gave a nice dewy finish to my skin however.

I wouldn't buy it again however as there are better foundations available and the cost of having it shipped from America was a little pricey after customs and QVC doesn't carry my shade.