Tarte Cosmetics Rainforest of the Sea Foundation

Tarte Cosmetics Rainforest of the Sea Foundation
Rainforest of the Sea FoundationRainforest of the Sea Foundation

3.2

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (6.23), Zinc Oxide (3.84)Inactive ingredients: Water, glycerin, isododecane, cyclopentasiloxane, phenyl trimethicone, nylon-12, dipropylene glycol, caprylic/capric triglyceride, cyclohexasiloxane, SD Alcohol 40-B, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, butylene glycol, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, magnesium sulfate, alumina, PEG-9 polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, silica, talc, iron oxides, sorbitan isostearate, stearalkonium hectorite, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, hexyl laurate, aluminum hydroxide, stearic acid, caprylyl glycol, propylene carbonate, dimethicone, hydrogen dimethicone, phenoxyethanol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, tocopheryl acetate, 1,2-hexanediol, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, algae extract, gardenia tahitensis flower extract, tocopherol

on 9/22/2018 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I am so disappointed in this foundation. Bought it, used it. It was like using the cheap stuff. Made my face break out badly. I wouldn’t buy this again. The coverage was decent. I’d take it back and ask for a refund but I don’t wanna be one of them people.

on 9/14/2018 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to love this foundation. I received a sample and loved the finish when I initially put it on. It's a semi-matte finish with a very natural glow. By the end of the day I had some clinging to a few dry spots, but I naturally have dry skin so I assumed it was due to the fact that I didn't use primer when I put it on. I bought the full size bottle. After wearing this multiple times with multiple primers/moisturizers, I still continue to see clinging to dry patches within hours of application. I love the finish, and typically I don't have that issue with Tarte products. My skin is very dry right now, so I plan on trying it later on when I have a bit more moisture in my skin.

I don't understand the complaints about the packaging, except I assume that people don't know how to work the dropper. It's a little awkward to push the dropper in with one hand, but once you get the hang of it it's great. Very hygienic since your finger/sponge/brush is never making contact with the foundation itself. Plus the packaging is beautiful.

Overall I was sad that this foundation didn't end up working out for me because it's such a great finish when you first apply it. Could be great for normal and combination girls. If you're on the drier side I would opt for the Amazonian Clay over this one.

I love a good natural, glow foundation and so was happy to try out this one. I actually found this product to be quite similar to MAC Waterweight foundation, which I love. I think the consistency of this one though is a touch less watery than the MAC, though still very watery (hence the name). I love the packaging of this one, with a dropper applicator and the purple-gold ombre lid. A little goes a long way, and you can definitely get medium coverage from this foundation. The finish is satin, not as dewy as I expected but still healthy and glowy. The best way to apply this is with a damp beauty blender. It wears well both with and without primer, though by the end of 8 hours I did notice it separating on my chin and mouth area. Asides from this, I was happy with the wear time from this product. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who likes natural looking foundations.

Love this foundation because of its thin nature, and light to medium skin-like coverage, It reminds me of Bobbi Brown Skin (theTarte is longer lasting), and Chanel Lumiere Velvet (the Tarte is a bit more skin like). My shade is Light-Medium Honey, and my matches in other foundations are: BB Skin #4, Chanel Velvet 40, MUFE Y365, UD Naked 5. It's a satin finish on my normal skin. It's got decent pigmentation, and unlike some serum type foundations, it is forgiving on textured areas, and seems to float a bit over the skin...not sinking into pores or lines. No fragrance added, and there's a low amount of alcohol included, which may help it adhere to skin, but doesn't seem to dry it out. I use this over a tinted sunscreen, usually Elta MD Elements SPF 44, and I use probably a quarter of a dropper for my face, buffing it in with a Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. Sometimes I pop a bit of powder in my t-zone (MAC SFix in summer) Lasts the work day. It's hard to measure, because of not being able to see how much is in the dropper, so that's my only issue with this. Beautiful bottle! Definitely a natural makeup look, but one that I embrace over 50.

on 7/4/2018 10:22:00 AM

I have oily t-zone and dry skin everywhere else. This foundation formula breaks apart after a few hours despite using a water based primer. It doesn’t oxidise much on me and it gives out a healthy dewy look if I sweat. But after removing the foundation, it left my skin drier than before. I chose the shade that is closest to mine but it was too light. The shade after that was too yellow. This is a no for me.

on 6/30/2018 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have been using this for about 6 months, and I love it! Before this I had used Smashbox Halo for years. I like a light and natural looking foundation that does not completely cover who I am but makes me look better.

on 6/16/2018 6:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I find this foundation is perfect for everyday use - not too heavy or makes you feeling cakey on face. Perfect to those who have dry skin. My skin is on a neutral spectrum and only have discolouration on certain areas. Formula is quite watery as you would expect from what the packaging claims. This product manages to cover most of my blemishes without feeling heavy on face. Highly recommend.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

For reference I am 2W2 Rattan in ELDW, 3.0-4.0 in Urban Decay All Nighter Foundation and Light Sand in Tarte Rainforest of the Sea foundation, Bobbi Brown Skin Long Wear Foundation in 3.2. I have oily skin, live in hot and humid weather and have mild to moderate acne hyperpigmentation.

Texture: Texture is very watery and runny. Among the lightest, reminds me of texture of the Chanel Aqua VitaLumiere Foundation. Very light, spreads beautifully with ease.

Coverage: This is a medium coverage but buildable to full. I have hyperpigmentation of post acne marks, two dropepr usually evens out my skin tone, add another pump bring the coverage up a notch to full. Layering is not a problem, its buildable without ever looking cakey. I guess because of the runny texture. Has skin light/natural soft natural finish to it thats really beautiful.Very lightweight texture.

Wear: This is has overall. Upon application it doesnt emphasize pores and fine lines or dry patches doesnt oxidized either. Smooths out skin like a dream and does not control oil well. Wear time isnt the best, after 6-8 hours wear, its already cracking and separating and fading. However, when I use a matiffying primer, it really extends the wear up to 12 hours. So if you want to extend the wear time, use a primer.

Overall: I like this but not love it. I like that it is very skin like/natural yet can be built to full coverage without ever looking cakey. It just looks liek skin. The texture is also a dream but the downside is the wear time. Not the best but it can be extended using a matiffying primer. So all in all, if you have dry skin, I believe you're going to love this and probably will get the best wear time out of this compared to other skin types, but for normal, combo and oily skin girls, you will love this if you use a mattifying primer.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

To debrief, I have dry, acne-prone, sensitive skin.
This foundation has a watery texture that provides light to build-able coverage.Its light weight, meaning that its perfect for that 'everyday' natural make up look.
I bought the shade 'fair-light neutral' which actually turns out to be the perfect shade for me and it doesnt oxidize.I like how this foundation because it is light weight and has a light to build-able coverage. Due to its watery-like texture, it has a dropper applicator, which at first was hard for me to use. However, the more I used it I got used to the applicator, the easier it was to use. I prefer to use a sponge when applying this product as I find that using a brush makes it streaky and harder to blend. Moreover, when my skin is really dry, I tend not to use this foundation because it clings to my dry patches. I also must add that I normally go for 'dewy' foundations (ones that dont really set fully) but this foundation actually sets. So when my skin is feeling sensitive and dry, I find that this makes my skin feel tight and dry. It also has a light to build-able coverage, however, if you have acne and pimples like myself, you're better off spot concealing those blemishes.
I also found that this foundation tends to sit funny on my skin when I dont use a primer, hence it doesnt last as long as it would with a primer. I also found that because of the dropper and its light coverage, I find myself having to use more product than I would than any other foundation, hence i found that this product runs out a lot quicker than others.
Overall I think this is a foundation for people who like sheer to light coverage. However, I can't help but feel like there are other alternatives to this foundation that will suit the dry skin type more. Personally, I probably won't buy this foundation again but its a decent foundation to try out - but maybe just get a sample first.

I have normal-dry skin, that can get a little oily throughout the day just on the sides of the nose. My skin tone is light olive-and my best match in this is the shade Fair-Light Sand (a pale-cool yellow shade, no peachy/golden tones). I've repurchased this foundation twice now. My skin is generally clear, but I like to even it all out so I look for light coverage usually. This foundation is not sticky/thick. It's a fluid watery texture that dries down and does not budge on me, even without powder. My method of application is by taking one full droplet and swirling it in with a stipple brush on one side of my face, and the same with the other side. I bounce over my whole face with a damp beauty blender after to even everything out. Doing this, I achieve a radiant, glowy, and even complexion that looks like skin and lasts me the whole day. The only thing i dislike is the dropper bottle, and the price. I go through this pretty fast, but I haven't found anything that fits my needs better.