Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Foundation

Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Foundation
Rainforest of the Sea FoundationRainforest of the Sea Foundation

3.2

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (6.23), Zinc Oxide (3.84)Inactive ingredients: Water, glycerin, isododecane, cyclopentasiloxane, phenyl trimethicone, nylon-12, dipropylene glycol, caprylic/capric triglyceride, cyclohexasiloxane, SD Alcohol 40-B, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, butylene glycol, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, magnesium sulfate, alumina, PEG-9 polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, silica, talc, iron oxides, sorbitan isostearate, stearalkonium hectorite, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, hexyl laurate, aluminum hydroxide, stearic acid, caprylyl glycol, propylene carbonate, dimethicone, hydrogen dimethicone, phenoxyethanol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, tocopheryl acetate, 1,2-hexanediol, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, algae extract, gardenia tahitensis flower extract, tocopherol

on 7/4/2018 10:22:00 AM

I have oily t-zone and dry skin everywhere else. This foundation formula breaks apart after a few hours despite using a water based primer. It doesn’t oxidise much on me and it gives out a healthy dewy look if I sweat. But after removing the foundation, it left my skin drier than before. I chose the shade that is closest to mine but it was too light. The shade after that was too yellow. This is a no for me.

on 6/30/2018 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have been using this for about 6 months, and I love it! Before this I had used Smashbox Halo for years. I like a light and natural looking foundation that does not completely cover who I am but makes me look better.

on 6/16/2018 6:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I find this foundation is perfect for everyday use - not too heavy or makes you feeling cakey on face. Perfect to those who have dry skin. My skin is on a neutral spectrum and only have discolouration on certain areas. Formula is quite watery as you would expect from what the packaging claims. This product manages to cover most of my blemishes without feeling heavy on face. Highly recommend.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

For reference I am 2W2 Rattan in ELDW, 3.0-4.0 in Urban Decay All Nighter Foundation and Light Sand in Tarte Rainforest of the Sea foundation, Bobbi Brown Skin Long Wear Foundation in 3.2. I have oily skin, live in hot and humid weather and have mild to moderate acne hyperpigmentation.

Texture: Texture is very watery and runny. Among the lightest, reminds me of texture of the Chanel Aqua VitaLumiere Foundation. Very light, spreads beautifully with ease.

Coverage: This is a medium coverage but buildable to full. I have hyperpigmentation of post acne marks, two dropepr usually evens out my skin tone, add another pump bring the coverage up a notch to full. Layering is not a problem, its buildable without ever looking cakey. I guess because of the runny texture. Has skin light/natural soft natural finish to it thats really beautiful.Very lightweight texture.

Wear: This is has overall. Upon application it doesnt emphasize pores and fine lines or dry patches doesnt oxidized either. Smooths out skin like a dream and does not control oil well. Wear time isnt the best, after 6-8 hours wear, its already cracking and separating and fading. However, when I use a matiffying primer, it really extends the wear up to 12 hours. So if you want to extend the wear time, use a primer.

Overall: I like this but not love it. I like that it is very skin like/natural yet can be built to full coverage without ever looking cakey. It just looks liek skin. The texture is also a dream but the downside is the wear time. Not the best but it can be extended using a matiffying primer. So all in all, if you have dry skin, I believe you're going to love this and probably will get the best wear time out of this compared to other skin types, but for normal, combo and oily skin girls, you will love this if you use a mattifying primer.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

To debrief, I have dry, acne-prone, sensitive skin.
This foundation has a watery texture that provides light to build-able coverage.Its light weight, meaning that its perfect for that 'everyday' natural make up look.
I bought the shade 'fair-light neutral' which actually turns out to be the perfect shade for me and it doesnt oxidize.I like how this foundation because it is light weight and has a light to build-able coverage. Due to its watery-like texture, it has a dropper applicator, which at first was hard for me to use. However, the more I used it I got used to the applicator, the easier it was to use. I prefer to use a sponge when applying this product as I find that using a brush makes it streaky and harder to blend. Moreover, when my skin is really dry, I tend not to use this foundation because it clings to my dry patches. I also must add that I normally go for 'dewy' foundations (ones that dont really set fully) but this foundation actually sets. So when my skin is feeling sensitive and dry, I find that this makes my skin feel tight and dry. It also has a light to build-able coverage, however, if you have acne and pimples like myself, you're better off spot concealing those blemishes.
I also found that this foundation tends to sit funny on my skin when I dont use a primer, hence it doesnt last as long as it would with a primer. I also found that because of the dropper and its light coverage, I find myself having to use more product than I would than any other foundation, hence i found that this product runs out a lot quicker than others.
Overall I think this is a foundation for people who like sheer to light coverage. However, I can't help but feel like there are other alternatives to this foundation that will suit the dry skin type more. Personally, I probably won't buy this foundation again but its a decent foundation to try out - but maybe just get a sample first.

I have normal-dry skin, that can get a little oily throughout the day just on the sides of the nose. My skin tone is light olive-and my best match in this is the shade Fair-Light Sand (a pale-cool yellow shade, no peachy/golden tones). I've repurchased this foundation twice now. My skin is generally clear, but I like to even it all out so I look for light coverage usually. This foundation is not sticky/thick. It's a fluid watery texture that dries down and does not budge on me, even without powder. My method of application is by taking one full droplet and swirling it in with a stipple brush on one side of my face, and the same with the other side. I bounce over my whole face with a damp beauty blender after to even everything out. Doing this, I achieve a radiant, glowy, and even complexion that looks like skin and lasts me the whole day. The only thing i dislike is the dropper bottle, and the price. I go through this pretty fast, but I haven't found anything that fits my needs better.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been using this foundation for a few months now and I love it. I’m in my early 40s and have dry, acne prone skin. You don’t have to use a lot to cover you whole face (especially when using a foundation brush) which is great for those who are worried about the price. It goes on smoothly and really makes my skin look even and healthy. If I want more coverage, I just use a little more than usual and that works for me. I would say that this is a good product for people with dry skin who are looking for medium coverage that looks natural. The only time I have broken out from using this product is when I fell asleep with my makeup on. I have never had a problem otherwise.

UPDATE: After wearing this foundation for a while, I still believe it provides great coverage. However I did wear this to a wedding and after dancing for a while I noticed that the foundation had rubbed off of my face. I would still recommend this foundation, however I would use something else if you are planning on going to an event where you may be more active or will be sweating since it does not stay on your skin as well in those situations.

on 1/24/2018 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Bought this last night, am happy with it so far. Good color match and covers my redness and imperfections nicely, without looking cakey.
I used a dense foundation brush to apply, and set with Innisfree oil absorbing powder.

I have oily skin, so no issues with dry spots. It is late afternoon, and have only used one blotting paper just now. Typically use 3-4 at this point in the day.

Feeling good about my purchase so far. Will update if any disappointments pop up.

EDIT/UPDATE: Doesn't work, boo sad. Separates and becomes patchy after a couple hours. Going back, le sigh.

on 1/20/2018 8:51:00 AM

The best thing about this foundation is the colour range (at least for my pale-red head skin). The colour is a really nice match but I feel I could easily go a bit darker without issue. The colour however, is where it stops for me. I have combination skin but having lived in london the last 12 months it’s dried out to almost normal skin. My skin has good smooth texture, basically no lines, but I am prone to the occasional small breakout. This foundation is natural looking, it is not what I would consider full coverage at all. It is so sheer, you have to use a huge amount of product to get reasonable medium coverage. It sticks to my pores and any hint of dryness. The foundation also doesn’t set on it’s own, it must be set with powder. You can’t touch your face with this product. By mid afternoon the product separated all over my skin making it look dry and caked and it creased in bizarre areas like the side of my nose. On top of this, it makes me break out. I had some similar issues with Smashbox studio skin which is another ‘hydrating’ foundation which seems to do the exact opposite.

I was never interested in this foundation because I thought it looked gimmicky, until the lady at Sephora simply picked this and tried it on my skin..well I only wanted to try Born This Way foundation initially.

I couldn't spot a difference between this foundation and BTW, they are both extremely natural and beautiful on the skin. But I would imagine that I would reach for this foundation more, because I like the feeling of it on my skin. Supeeeeeeeer lightweight, dries quickly on my skin, doesn't accentuate textures and dry patches. So yeap, I purchased this.

I live in Malaysia and the weather here is extremely hot and humid, but after wearing this the whole day my skin will not turn oily and cakey! It stays the way it is and this foundation feels like nothing on my skin. The shade I picked, Light Honey, matches my skin colour and it actually makes my skin looks even more vibrant! It also has decent coverage, which I am okay with. It's definitely a foundation to wear everyday, and you could layer it up to look more finished and glam for special occasions. Many people hate the packaging, the dropper design could cause a mess but I don't care, it works! and that's why I love it.