Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Foundation

Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Foundation
Rainforest of the Sea FoundationRainforest of the Sea Foundation

3.2

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (6.23), Zinc Oxide (3.84)Inactive ingredients: Water, glycerin, isododecane, cyclopentasiloxane, phenyl trimethicone, nylon-12, dipropylene glycol, caprylic/capric triglyceride, cyclohexasiloxane, SD Alcohol 40-B, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, butylene glycol, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, magnesium sulfate, alumina, PEG-9 polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, silica, talc, iron oxides, sorbitan isostearate, stearalkonium hectorite, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, hexyl laurate, aluminum hydroxide, stearic acid, caprylyl glycol, propylene carbonate, dimethicone, hydrogen dimethicone, phenoxyethanol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, tocopheryl acetate, 1,2-hexanediol, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, algae extract, gardenia tahitensis flower extract, tocopherol

I was never interested in this foundation because I thought it looked gimmicky, until the lady at Sephora simply picked this and tried it on my skin..well I only wanted to try Born This Way foundation initially.

I couldn't spot a difference between this foundation and BTW, they are both extremely natural and beautiful on the skin. But I would imagine that I would reach for this foundation more, because I like the feeling of it on my skin. Supeeeeeeeer lightweight, dries quickly on my skin, doesn't accentuate texture and dry patches. So yeap, I purchased this.

I live in Malaysia and the weather here is extremely hot and humid, but after wearing this the whole day my skin will not turn oily and cakey! It stays the way it is and this foundation feels like nothing on my skin. The shade I picked, Light Honey, matches my skin colour and it actually makes my skin looks even more vibrant! It also has decent coverage, which I am okay with. It's definitely a foundation to wear everyday, and you could layer it up to look more finished and glam for special occasions. Many people hate the packaging, the dropper design could cause a mess but I don't care, it works! and that's why I love it.

Shouldn’t be marketed as “hydrating”. This is ideal for normal skin in a normal humidity environment. May even do well with oily skin. People will dry skin will be disappointed unless you use a certain moisturizer with a certain primer (this foundation does not go well with most moisturizers or primers underneath). Also needs a setting powder and spray. Such a high maintenance foundation with little return! Gets very crusty over the day. Messy, difficult applicator prone to being unsanitary. Expected more from a $40 foundation.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This foundation works well for me. I pair with Mercier loose powder on top on the tarte h2o.

on 1/6/2018 3:03:00 AM

I just bought this foundation from Sephora, it’s brand new but when ever I use it it smells very strongly of alcohol. I don’t know if I got a bad one or if it’s normal. Has anyone else had this problem?

on 1/2/2018 1:05:00 AM

Sticks to my dry patches and makes my skin looks parched. I’ll rather use my NARS sheer glow to have a healthy glow on my skin. One of the worst foundations I’ve ever used.

on 12/4/2017 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've tried samples of this and was impressed with the fuller coverage this foundation offers. It really does a nice job of covering some old scars and dark spots, but it doesn't erase them entirely. (If you have little to no discolorations, this will do an even better job, obviously.) I like the feel, how it applies easily and it has good staying power. It feels both light and substantial, all at once. There's no real scent, as in a perfume component. It smells a bit odd, but not bad, but just a bit odd, presumably from the plant ingredients or due to lack of masking fragrance. I actually prefer it this way. My one reason for not committing to this is the price. It's just steep and I'm not sure it's so essential that I want to commit to paying nearly $40 for it.

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

This foundation was actually a decent match for me. I liked the dropper & the finish looked nice. But I couldn't continue using it because of the breakouts it caused me that ceased immediately returning it. Turns out this foundation contains talc, which is highly comedogenic for some. Talc is something commonly found in powders, with less prevalence in liquid foundations.

For those of you who were afflicted with breakouts after having used this foundation, check the ingredients for talc in other foundations that have broken you out in the past. That is what I did, and boom: found my breakout culprit.

Colour was a perfect match for me and formula is quite light. However because of the water base, it ended up being patchy and not hydrating for my combo-dry skin. Returned it.

on 11/11/2017 3:07:00 PM

I honestly really wanted to make this work for me. The shade was a very good match for my very fair skin, and the fact it doesn't oxidize is a huge bonus. The finish upon application is lovely and natural. My issue with this is that no matter how I set it or primed, it always ended up creasing my my facial lines (and I don't have many), making me look older. Sadly, I will not be reaching for this as I have given it to a friend

on 10/20/2017 10:58:00 AM

PROS:
- doesn't break me out
- best colour match I've been able to find in a foundation (Porcelain)
- long-wearing (rare for me as someone with combo skin)
- most natural-looking finish
- no fragrance
- no problems with transfer

CONS:
- annoying dropper
- need to use a lot to cover whole face
- coverage is minimal, so can't use this to cover acne or redness

I'm in love with the natural-looking finish of this foundation. On a recent day of travel, I applied my foundation at 6:30am and didn't get a chance to even touch my makeup up until 10:30 that night. My foundation looked flawless after all that time - I spent all day wandering around getting lost and there was even a bit of rain. There weren't any patches on my face where the foundation had rubbed off and my T-zone wasn't excessively oily.

That said, my skin has been shitty very recently, and cystic acne has reared its ugly, red head. This foundation helps to minimize the look of acne but it certainly doesn't cover it up. Even if I try colour-correcting beforehand, this just makes the area look muddy and worse than it did without having colour-corrected.