Urban Decay Matte Revolution Lipstick - Stark Naked

Urban Decay Matte Revolution Lipstick - Stark Naked

4.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 8/5/2016 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I LOVE THIS LIPSTICK! The color and the formula are amazing. It is a beige nude with a pink-peach under tone. It reminds me of Mac's Blankety lipstick but in a matte version. The formula is a true matte but not drying at all and it lasts long.

on 5/19/2016 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

So, I'm one of those idiots who never tries lip colors on my face and sticks solely to hand swatches. I had bought the color 1993 previously, and loved it immensely. Then, I hand swatched Stark Naked and 1993 next to each other, and thought that it would look good. Unfortunately, it looks terrible on me. I love the formula itself, but the color is so bland on my skin. The overall rating is 4 because, personally, formula is the most important. I'd recommend swatching it on your lips to see how it looks, though.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Uber gorg! I've got Gwen Stefani Ex GF, Naked, Naked2, Stark Naked .... & a sample tube of Jilted haha + all the matching lipliners (not Jilted! That was send to me as a sample from Macy's). Stark Naked is a very creamy opaque bronze. It is the darkest between ex GF (MLBB), Naked (pinky nude), & Naked2 (pale tan). This is all brown not any thing in the way of pink & not much peach. Not a MLBB color more of a darker color very opaque thou not a vampy color. If you like tans & Browns this is right up your (makeup-alley) [haha see what I just did?!] but this is a lovely color similar to MAC Persistence & MAC Naturally Transformed. This will not be universally flattering neither. It takes a warm coloring w warm or neutral eyemakeup it's a total Bridget Bardot color! Big hair & doe eyes. Simply beautiful this color is complicated thou.

on 9/28/2015 10:21:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This lipstick is awesome. It's super opaque, creamy and very matte. It wears very very well and doesn't suck the moisture out of my lips. It's a very comfortable for a matte. I'm so happy I got this because I love matte lips and I love how this looks on me. It's a light peachy brown nude. I'm NC20 (previous reviews from me say NW20, but it turns out I was wearing a wrong undertone match for quite a while...oops) spring/summer and I think it is very flattering, but I think that the color would definitely be hit or miss depending on your undertones and depth. I'm bias to peachy tones though because they exceptionally flatter my coloring. I think the paler you are, the better it would be for you. All in all, I'm glad I bought it and I'm definitely going to purchase more matte revolution lipsticks because the formula is awesome and the packaging is spot on. Sturdy, pleasing to the eye and practical. Couldn't ask for more.

Temptalia gives it a B rating, and I could see where she's coming from, I suggest taking it for a test drive in store or be okay with returning. Although it is a home run for me, I think this is a very subjective lipstick in terms of color and texture.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

When UD released their matte lipsticks, I wasn't interested. But then I saw a tutorial with this color and minutes later, I ordered it. First application was like a dream. Never applied matte lipstick before I tried this and I thought it will be hard to get an even application. But I was wrong: I would describe it as a cushiony, creamy one. Like you would apply your normal lipstick. I was surprised. The color fits my skintone really well. I wear it at work and it only transfers when I am eating oily meals. Another funny thing: I have to think about the Stark house from Game of Thrones whenever I apply this baby.