Shea Moisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Body Wash

4.7

on 9/17/2018 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

There is a lot to like about Shea Moisture's Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Body Wash. First of all, if you like the scent of honey, it smells wonderful. It's not drying, yet my skin felt very clean every time I used it. It left my skin feeling moisturized but without any kind of oily or greasy film.

Ten percent of sales go to the Community Commerce Initiative. It's also a cruelty free product. You can feel good about buying this body wash if you're an environmentally conscious person who cares about bunnies and fair trade.

During the year, ULTA frequently has deals that give you a discount when you buy two or more Shea Moisture products. This brand is not considered a prestige brand, which means that most ULTA coupons will apply to this body wash, too. At the time of this review, the full retail price is $10.99 for 13 ounces, but if you buy it during one of ULTA's promotions, you may be able to get it for less.

Here is my only complaint, and this may not be an issue for everyone: I bought this body wash in April. I had several different soaps and body washes in my shower and I rotated them, so I did not finish this bottle until September. When the bottle was fresh, the texture was great and it was easy to control the amount coming through the flip cap. However, because it took me several months to use it up, much like a jar of honey in a kitchen cabinet, this gel changed a bit in color and consistency. The color became milkier over time, which didn't bother me, but the texture became thicker and more difficult to squeeze out of the bottle. One morning I unscrewed the cap to access the remainder of the body wash, and a large glob (probably about an eighth of the original volume) fell out onto the shower floor, and thus was wasted. So if I were going to repurchase, I would make sure to use this body wash exclusively until I finished the bottle, instead of alternating it with other products. This was the only negative thing about it. Otherwise it was a great shower gel.

Ingredients

Water, Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Disodium Alkypolyglucose Citrate, Glycerin (Vegetable), Panthenol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter *, Ficus Carica (Fig) Extract, Guar Hydrodypropyltrimonium Chloride, Fragrance (Essential Oil Blend), Honey, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Adansonia Digitata Seed Oil, Trichilia Emetica Seed Butter *Certified Organic Ingredient

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I love this whole Manuka Honey scented line from Shea Moisture. This body wash smells amazing and cleans well without stripping my skin's moisture. I like being able to layer scents by using this with the shampoo, hair masque, and hair fragrance spray.

on 9/28/2015 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Great moisturizing body wash for sensitive skin. Very creamy, that feels just right after rinsing. Some moisturizing washes feel greasy even after washing. This wash is moisturizing without the squeaky clean feel. Smells just like honey with a slight camphor like scent. For drugstore this item can be a splurge but for people with sensitive skin like me this is item is the bomb. Doesn't bother or irritate my KP.