3.9

Reviews

3.0
from

3 months ago

This is a decent powder. Feels creamy to the touch but it's not the most finely milled upon application. I prefer using a loose powder on my vanity a blotting powder on the go so I don't really have much use for a colored compact powder. Will use it up but won't repurchase.

About reviewer (952 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Curly, Medium

EyesGreen

3 years ago

Love this powder & glad I stumbled upon it at SDM. I was looking for a powder that would give a nice finish, yet not settle into fine lines or leave dry patches, hence the "cakey/chalky" look. The packaging caught my eye as it is quite unique with the swiveled mirror and simple yet chic logo on the front. I sampled the Rose Beige shade from the swatch and to my surprise, it matched my skin tone perfectly and went on very smoothly. Normally, it is difficult for me to find powders because I have pink undertones; some are too light; while others can be too yellow. I decided to buy this as I felt the $30 was well worth it. After consistent use, I am loving this powder! It lasts a long time, the sponge is effective (for touch ups mostly; in the morning, I use a big fluffy powder brush); have not had any bad reactions/breakouts/clogged pores; this powder just gives an overall smooth finish just as it claims to do; imparts a nice glow too. Texture is creamy but goes on smoothly and doesn't cake since it is so finely milled. Pigmentation as mentioned above is perfect. Worth the price tag and will be repurchasing. Great for my combo skin! Hope more SDM chains will carry this product. 5 lippies. **UPDATE**: The more I use this powder, the more I love it lol...Bought it back in February/ March and it is still going strong; there is a lot of product, even though it looks tiny and the big advantage is that this powder has not oxidized or turned orange!

About reviewer (478 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesBrown

3 years ago

Honestly, I love how it does to my makeup. This compact powder does all the claims. After applying this on my foundation, my skin feels like silk - smoother than ever, not cakey at all, invisible pores appearance and it keeps my makeup matte but not flat for hours - bonus, my complexion seems glowing than before! Plus point it didn't break me out on my oily sensitive skin. Packaging is good and not looking cheap. Love the mirror! The sponge provided seems not picking up the product well, but that's the point. A little goes a long way. You just have to tap the powder with the sponge provided and dab it on your skin gently to get the beautiful result. Since i have my liquid foundation on, I don't think I need the coverage from this product, however. If I put this alone or on top my tinted moisturiser, I'd probably be concerned about the coverage. Pricing is quite expensive as a drugstore product, but with the quality and what it does, I totally don't mind paying for it.

About reviewer (36 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

1.0

4 years ago

CAKEY and to dark I'm starting to hate drugstore powder anyway I ought this back in fabuary used it about a dozen times the didn't touch It again so first let me start by saying BOURJOIS! GET YOUR COLOUR SELLECTION WIDER! ok shouting over anyway this stuff doesn't last long on my face shows of dry patches and cakes so yeah throw it out I just keep it because it looks pretty

About reviewer (9 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrown

EyesHazel

4 years ago

I bought this a few months ago. Since i've just hit pan i think i can give a fair review. My Shade is Miel Dore (Golden Honey) and it works really nicely as a setting powder. The powder is very finely milled and feels very silky. It goes on smooth, disappearing seamlessly into the skin with no cast/chalkiness. Feels and looks very high quality. The packaging is quite nice and sturdy. Perhaps too sturdy, i always have trouble flipping open the lid. It has a rotating mirror which is useful if u need to use it to apply your makeup. The makeup sponge it comes with is of pretty good quality. It picks up just the right amount of powder. Its mattifying effect may not be long lasting for oily skin types. As mentioned before, i love how it applies so smoothly and blends in flawlessly. I have extremely oily skin and this one does a decent job as a setting powder. I do get shiny after a few hours but that would happen with any powder i use. Now for the biggest con....it smells like bug spray! That's what i think every time i flip it open. bugspray! Fortunately, the smell dissipates once you apply it. So if you are very sensitive to that kinda thing, you might want to test first. Guess it can't all be good. If only it smelled of rosewater, i'd be completely sold!

About reviewer (42 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Other

EyesBlack

4 years ago

+ I really love the silky texture of this formula (true to its name), and it blends beautifully. It is my go to for a light-medium coverage powder and it is excellent under the eyes and around the nostrils. It has a really smooth finish, no chalkiness. I prefer using a synthetic brush vs. the supplied sponge - I tend to need a little more true powder (ie. Rimmel Matte) in the t zone area for shine, but I don't mind mixing and matching

About reviewer (62 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesBrown

5 years ago

I've used this for 3 months now. It's like no compact I've tried before, in a good way. First impression is that it is very sheer - since I'm pale, I got the lightest shade (51 Porcelain) and it disappears on my skin. (The rubbery sponge it comes with might be a part of the reason, as it doesn't seem to be picking up much at all at a time.) The result is not your typical visible, chalky layer of powder, but something far more subtle: what it mainly does is smoothing and blurring, as if you'd applied a softening, or, dare I say it, rejuvenating filter over your face. It also does not feel ~dry~ when first applied, unlike some others I've used. The downside of it being so subtle and sheer is near-complete lack of buildable coverage - you either need nice skin to begin with, or a concealer that works with this. As for lasting power, the packaging claims it will stay matte for 8 hours. In my experience, weather conditions and products used alongside with it will have an impact on that - I definitely had some greasy T-zone issues on hotter days during the summer, but have now found a routine that works (Bourjois Flower Perfection primer + a bit of liquid concealer + a brushing of loose rice powder for extra oil absorption power, and keeping blotting tissues in my purse for emergencies). I suggest taking the oil control promise with a pinch of salt. There is however almost zero buildup in fine lines even after long days, so that's a plus. The box is cute and not too cheap-looking for the medium price range, although I don't think the rotating mirror lid makes a huge difference. I've also dropped it on a tile floor, which resulted in the mirror lid coming off, but it easily snapped back on, with no lasting damage, and the powder didn't crumble either, so I'd say it's sturdy enough. I'll buy again when it runs out, but it seems like that will take a while - the size of the product looks small, but so far, I've barely worn out the pressed logo.

About reviewer (93 reviews)

Age36-43